Ref Watch - Don Robertson rolled out once again for Celtic

Gio#56

Coincidence I think not. After all its a tricky tie at Easter Road for the scum.

Anyone paying close attention to the 5 points from 6 we dropped under his watch this season will know why he is hand picked.

Knows how to influence a game. Clancy with brains. A sleekit fud that is not fit nor proper for the job he holds. Has refereed 7 all premiership games this season inc Wednsday night. This will be his 5th one involving us or them. Why?

Guaranteed we will be talking about this muppet on Wednesday night.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing against him being a shite referee or whatever.

I'm struggling to get my head around the fact that the 2 games you're talking about, at Tannadice we were nowhere near good enough and caught sleeping at the Dundee United goal & I'm unsure what other game it was (it was either Motherwell or Hearts) - if it was Motherwell we never done nearly enough in the second half for a win and if it was Hearts our strikers had the nightmare of their lives coupled with McGregor gifting them a goal on a plate in the 90th minute.

I can't think of one single decision from the referee that cost us in those two games - but can think of many reasons we cost ourselves in those two games.

It was hearts where he had our 2 centre backs booked before 45 mins. It the way he play on, blows for fouls and allows tackles that would never be allowed the other way around. He know how to influence games.

I'm struggling to get my head around the fact that the 2 games you're talking about, at Tannadice we were nowhere near good enough and caught sleeping at the Dundee United goal & I'm unsure what other game it was (it was either Motherwell or Hearts) - if it was Motherwell we never done nearly enough in the second half for a win and if it was Hearts our strikers had the nightmare of their lives coupled with McGregor gifting them a goal on a plate in the 90th minute.

I can't think of one single decision from the referee that cost us in those two games - but can think of many reasons we cost ourselves in those two games.
Robertson is a shocking referee mate.

Spent all last week with a hoarse voice thanks to that prick against Hearts as he knew what he was doing in that game,you are right as he is as sleekit as they come.

I would like to see how many cards & penalties he has given to the terrorists compared to the other teams.

Honestly despise him more than Clancy. A sleekit fud that knows what he is doing but can hide it far better than the obvious one.

Ive never trusted him since he sent Alfie off at Fir Park for the so called GIRUY celebration. 2 bookings and couldn't be appealed
He was applying the rules as we should expect any ref to do without fear or favour. Only person to blame for Buffs early exit that day was Buff. I may be in he minority but I cant ever remember any Beatonesque howlers from DR any time hes reffed our games. Anyone care to jog my memory???

I agree mate but I don't see how he cost us the points in them two games.

it the way the game flows under him. Did you see lundstram take the ball out our box v hearts and when off balance the hearts plays send him flying. Right in front of Robertson, yet no foul. why?

Hearts then had a great opportunity to score! As I say sleekit.

Didn’t apply the rules to both teams(hearts game) the way he should have , if he did they could’ve been down to 9 but should’ve been down to 10, fairness and consistency is all we ask for over 90 minutes.
Against Hearts he could easily have sent Aribo off for his foul on their number 14 at the Govan side

Against Hearts he could easily have sent Aribo off for his foul on their number 14 at the Govan side
Could easily have sent hearts no 14 off for persistent fouling, into double figures before embarrassingly booking him for dissent. Devlin is the guys name. One of his own I think.. But if we scored some of the chances we make referees won't matter. They can't disallow all our goals.

We are turning into Dhins with our slating of the refs.
How the feck was he to blame for us losing at Tannadice?

missing the point, not saying he is as blatant a cheat as Clancy where you can point to an exact occasion and ask why. What I am saying is the way he lets the game flow. Allows tackles yet misses fouls if they end up an advantage to either celtic or against us. He is very good at doing this. He is the sleekist yet most biased out them all.

Why else does he gets so many games involving us and them? A good ref? dont make me laugh

Personally I get a right chuckle when all of there acolytes of irafc get fucked over by the irafc system so tough luck to them .

Hibs people supporting Hibs being pissed all over is music my exuberant ears

C
Could easily have sent hearts no 14 off for persistent fouling, into double figures before embarrassingly booking him for dissent. Devlin is the guys name. One of his own I think.. But if we scored some of the chances we make referees won't matter. They can't disallow all our goals.
Correct yet Aribo and Goldson were both booked for their first foul.

In a parallel universe somewhere, tims will be having the exact same conversation.

A section of both supports is convinced that the refs are institutionally programmed to cheat against their team.

They don’t see that, just like everything else in Scottish football, the problem is actually just a terminal lack of standards and quality.

It doesn't always have to be a pen or a red to change the game, booking our two centre halfs early doors for instance

It doesn't always have to be a pen or a red to change the game, booking our two centre halfs early doors for instance
I can’t remember goldsons booking but why anyone’s using baloguns as a reason is absurd as clear a yellows as you’ll see taking one for the team with a clear shirt pull .

I've said before if you watch Robertson refereeing Rangers, he continually breaks up play by giving free kicks when play could go on, allows timewasting without any punishment and generally disrupts the game. He is a cheat the others perhaps including Clancy are just incompetent.

We are turning into Dhins with our slating of the refs.
How the feck was he to blame for us losing at Tannadice?
This. Leave the whining to them... they're so much better at it anyway. As said above we didn't win against Motherwell or Heats because we were cumbersome and wasteful in the final third.

All those that are saying you sound like one of them, lets leave the whining to them etc...

May I say we are the ones who are sitting on 19 yellows to their 10 yet their foiul count is much higher.

As soon as we get a penalty they forensically examine it and make noise.

Well may I say this. they are not the ones being down trodden. Who is right, who is wrong?

Too many of our fan base have not woken up yet. Bet it political, religious or a game of football.

Refs dont apply the same rules to them as they do to us. BECAUSE they make noise.

All those that are saying you sound like one of them, lets leave the whining to them etc...

May I say we are the ones who are sitting on 19 yellows to their 10 yet their foiul count is much higher.

As soon as we get a penalty they forensically examine it and make noise.

Well may I say this. they are not the ones being down trodden. Who is right, who is wrong?

Too many of our fan base have not woken up yet.
They get a card something like every 13 fouls, and us every 5.5. And have had more penalties and conceded less but absolutely every little thing we do is forensically examined and ruled to be cheating. The ones who care more about being seen as 'paranoid as tims' than what is actually happening need to sort out their priorities.

They get a card something like every 13 fouls, and us every 5.5. And have had more penalties and conceded less but absolutely every little thing we do is forensically examined and ruled to be cheating. The ones who care more about being seen as 'paranoid as tims' than what is actually happening need to sort out their priorities.

m8. from church leaders, mps, journalists to the governing bodies of football.

If you dont join them at their own game, the result is what is happening to us now.

Scotland has no back bone to look at the facts. They obey to what noise is being created. Even if it comes from the minority whilst the majority are too proud yet have their finger up their arse.

One day we as a support will wake up. Thankfully as the Heart and Hand fiasco showed, we are a strength when we do. Shame its only a minority so far.

The day at Fir Park when he sent Morelos off was a perfect illustration of his sleekitness S.

Our players should know by now what they are up against, and get the job done early so these cheats can't influence the eventual result. Robertson is a sleekit one, and like Clancy, not to be trusted.

Donnelly had been booked first half & you might remember a wee stramash at half time as they left the field. Him, Alfie & another Well player.

He ignored his part in it as he knew he’d need to be shown red. Alfie & the other Well player got yellows.

It was hearts where he had our 2 centre backs booked before 45 mins. It the way he play on, blows for fouls and allows tackles that would never be allowed the other way around. He know how to influence games.
People don’t often see how it is easy for the refs to influence games. Really dangerous counter for Rangers? Pull a player back and won’t be booked by the ref, giving them another opportunity to do the same when they wouldn’t if they were on a yellow. Lots of niggly fouls not given one way but given the other? Has a huge influence on the game. Now Rangers are far superior to these teams so most of the time we get over it, but it’s fair to say that these teams are given an advantage via referees such as Don Robertson.

Mulgrew should have been red carded Morelos was in on goal first half

Few replies on this thread wouldn’t be out of place over on kiddyfiddler street lads. We ourselves are to blame for points dropped so far this season no one else. That said Don Robertson is a honking official they all are.

FFS thought I had strayed to one of their forums by accident. If anyone needs a point in the direction of a thread to illustrate that we have posters equally as deluded as they do and equally obsessed then this is it.

We were beaten by Dundee Utd because on that day we were nowhere near the standard needed. Nothing to do with the ref nor anyone else. Our players didn’t produce the performance. Same against Hearts and Motherwell.

Need to stop blaming the refs and the rest of this paranoid shite.

We have some poor refs for sure but they aren’t cheats.

People don’t often see how it is easy for the refs to influence games. Really dangerous counter for Rangers? Pull a player back and won’t be booked by the ref, giving them another opportunity to do the same when they wouldn’t if they were on a yellow. Lots of niggly fouls not given one way but given the other? Has a huge influence on the game. Now Rangers are far superior to these teams so most of the time we get over it, but it’s fair to say that these teams are given an advantage via referees such as Don Robertson.

Its amazing how many fans think refs are only their to give or not give goals. And if we dont score, it solely our fault.

We just going to skip the fact that Aribo could have been sent off? He's just a shite referee in general.

FFS thought I had strayed to one of their forums by accident. If anyone needs a point in the direction of a thread to illustrate that we have posters equally as deluded as they do and equally obsessed then this is it.

We were beaten by Dundee Utd because on that day we were nowhere near the standard needed. Nothing to do with the ref nor anyone else. Our players didn’t produce the performance. Same against Hearts and Motherwell.

Need to stop blaming the refs and the rest of this paranoid shite.

We have some poor refs for sure but they aren’t cheats.
1.png

People need to start analysing a game. Yes we may get lucky some times. But in general when a game is close, especially when there is 20 mins or so to go, watch how a referee can influence a game of football. And look at the teams involved.

I have given some stats, but they seem to be ignored.

Next time we are 3 goals up dont be surprised for Don Robertson to give us a goal that should not be, or the opposition gets a soft red. It is how he operates. Its when the game is tight, he controls the game to suit.

Back