Walter Smith - Videos and clips to remember him

Sir Sasa Papac

I’ve got no words and any I offered would fall short

I found this old STV documentary from when he was retiring.

Regrettably I can only find part 1 which is a real shame as it’s a fine documentary. Hopefully this can lift a few people spirits

*edit I’ve changed the title and hope this can act as a place for all Walter Smiths videos so please add any you have

Some lovely words in here about the man.

Last edited:
Will try and watch this later; might also look out an archive game on RTV later as well. He gave us some great times, no doubt about that.

Will try and watch this later; might also look out an archive game on RTV later as well. He gave us some great times, no doubt about that.
I’m currently uploading the season review dvds from Walters second stint at our club 2007-2011. Should be plenty in there for us to watch and remember the great times

All credit and rights to rangers for anyone thinking it might be doing rangers out of revenue.

I’m currently uploading the season review dvds from Walters second stint at our club 2007-2011. Should be plenty in there for us to watch and remember the great times

All credit and rights to rangers for anyone thinking it might be doing rangers out of revenue.
I might see if Rtv has the 2011 LC Final, and might try and find the 93 SC Final. As I said, so many great memories.

I’ve changed the title and I’m going to put all the Walter videos I can find in here

Disc1 of the official rangers dvd tribute from back in 2011

Some great memories on here that Walter gave us. Helped GS start the '86 revolution, continued that thru when GS left to achieve 9 in a row and came back when needed to win 3 in a row and a euro final. Great acievements ranking in my opinion with anyone in our 150 years -someone suggested a stand name in his honour and I'd agree with that. RIP Walter Smith OBE

An Audience With Walter Smith 2013

One for us all to watch. I hope Iain King the interviewer has been working on his autobiography but I fear these videos and special nights were as close as we will get to his life story

That is such a nice moment, at around 2:50 Walter mentions that Jimmy Millar was his favourite player when he was growing up.

RIP to two Rangers legends.
He rhymed that team off beautifully. Before my time, but grew up hear those names.

That is such a nice moment, at around 2:50 Walter mentions that Jimmy Millar was his favourite player when he was growing up.

RIP to two Rangers legends.
It’s hard to properly appreciate that one day before we knew him he was just a regular Rangers fan in the turnstiles cheering on his favourite players just like any of us. Sometimes it’s hard to humanise those you hold in such high regard and status

Walters last home game. Even the Subway Loyal wouldn't go early.

Then back to Ibrox the next week to say goodbye properly and celebrate the team winning the title at Killie.

Last edited:
Rangers official Season Review videos from Walters second stint as gaffer.
I enjoyed these 4 years more than any period watching rangers including the 90s. Maybe it’s because Walter dragged us off the bones of our arse to win titles and cups we had no business winning on paper. As much of a legend as he was, we as fans really got a proper measure of the man during the 2nd time.

2007/08 - so close
Part 1
Part2

2008/09 Champions 1 in a row

2009/10 Champions 2 in a row

2011 League Cup Final Highlights

That was the team that was - Rangers 9 in a row documentary

Football Years 1992 - Rangers documentary

Football Years 1983 Dundee United doc

Last edited:
There is a very short clip of him that I love. When he is screaming at and claps Durrant when they are sitting in the Directors seats during a game. It just sums-up his passion and the reality of everyone knowing their place around him.

The official rangers fc tribute

Watched this earlier, and will probably take a bit of time before I watch it again. But what an incredible video the clubs media team put together. I know our support will love watching it, and I hope in good time Walters family will be able to watch it and to take some comfort from it.

Has anyone got the clip of Sir Walter trying to tackle Laudrup in training?!

That always raises a smile.

He loved this match, you rarely see him this animated. I remember when we beat Celtic in the 90s with 10 men for almost the full game he was like that too. He’s like a fan. Great to see

Back