Ref Watch - Don Robertson rolled out once again for Celtic

We’ve conceded less fouls than anyone else. And had less yellows than many other teams.
Save the personal abuse.
you obviously cant read stats. Have a look at the darkside compared to us.

Ye the ones that think we have had more penalties than them in the premiership. Another lie.

If they shout it the loudest, our we shitbag country listens and portrays it as fact.

you obviously cant read stats.
And you obviously just read what you want to into stats.
You do realise the green version of you is probably over on kerrydale street using the same chart to prove ref bias in favour of Rangers don’t you?
Being passive aggressive doesn’t help your argument.

You obviously just read what you want to.
You do realise the green version of you is probably over on kerrydale street using the same chart to prove ref bias in favour of Rangers don’t you?

Aye m8, a david murray fan no doubt. We are not treated differently compared to them? Wake up FFS. Smell the coffee.

I dont know how anyone can think like this after watching Clancy / Robertson the last few seasons. You must be reading too much BBC or listening to Humza too much.

People need to start analysing a game. Yes we may get lucky some times. But in general when a game is close, especially when there is 20 mins or so to go, watch how a referee can influence a game of football. And look at the teams involved.

I have given some stats, but they seem to be ignored.

Next time we are 3 goals up dont be surprised for Don Robertson to give us a goal that should not be, or the opposition gets a soft red. It is how he operates. Its when the game is tight, he controls the game to suit.
So by Robertson giving us a dodgy goal or giving the opposition a red card he is cheating us? Is that what you are saying?

We had chances to win against Hearts and didn’t take them. That was on us, not the ref.

I agree he’s a sh*t ref and may even have leanings towards them (I have not idea) but lets be honest, we didn’t win because we didn’t take out chances and AM failed to deal with a cross (again).

I GIVE UP. Read again on what was actually written.
This is what was written:

“Next time we are 3 goals up dont be surprised for Don Robertson to give us a goal that should not be, or the opposition gets a soft red. It is how he operates. Its when the game is tight, he controls the game to suit.”

I’m asking you how that is conspiring against us.

It’s pretty clear to me BBN3.

Celtic on average get a yellow every 13 fouls, while Rangers & most others get a yellow every 6 fouls.

What about last season, the biggest season all, stopping their 10IAR, we conceded less penalties and had less men sent off than any other team in the league.

If refs are out to get us then they weren’t doing a very good job,

we got 26 yellows, they got 28. Is this a stat you really want to use? Considering our play compared to theirs last season! Do you think their two reds were wrong? Do you think because we got 9 penalties to their 7 it was not reflected on our play last season?

One thing about this thread it flushes the unwashed.

I off now, enjoy the debate.

Brilliant, cant be bothered with pathetic fans that dont open their eyes and are happy for the noise to dictate, Dont be opening this thread on Wednesday complaining about Robertson.
Think people will be watching us play Aberdeen and not caring about what Robertson does B-)

That’s it mate, I’m a Tim in disguise.

Deary me.

well for %^*& sake, use your brain before engaging.

You used last season stats as if to prove a point. It never.

They got two more yellows than us. DID YOU LOOK AT THE FOUL COUNT?

You are sticking him on ignore because you can’t read facts?
No. I’m sticking him on ignore because this ridiculous argument is as old as time itself and as always is just the polar opposite of the same thing being played out on tim sites.
You look at a snapshot of stats and get angry if it makes you feel better. I’ll stick to league tables and trophies.

well for %^*& sake, use your brain before engaging.

You used last season stats as if to prove a point. It never.

They got two more yellows than us. DID YOU LOOK AT THE FOULD COUNT?
Again, rather than getting angry and aggressive, as you seem to do when anyone disagrees with you. Answer my original question.

Last season you brought up yellow cards. I didn’t.

I brought up red cards and penalties, ie the things that really influence games.

Why did they get more men sent off than us and concede more penalties, especially in such an important season, if the refs are supposedly biased against us and in favour of them?

Just before I go. I ask all the delusional ones this

Why has Scot Brown picked up a yellow card every 3 games to date in the premiership,

Compare and contrast.

Again, rather than getting angry and aggressive, as you seem to do when anyone disagrees with you. Answer my original question.

Last season you brought up yellow cards. I didn’t.

I brought up red cards and penalties, ie the things that really influence games.

Why did they get more men sent off than us and concede more penalties, especially in such an important season, if the refs are supposedly biased against us and in favour of them?

First of all. You look at the real stats. Fouls per Card. We had a LOWER foul per card than them last season FFS.

We had two more penaltys than them but our possession per game in the opposition half was FAR higher.

First of all. You look at the real stats. Fouls per Card. We had a LOWER foul per card than them last season FFS.

We had two more penaltys than them but our possession per game in the opposition half was FAR higher.
Mate you are utterly mental.

The real stats are the penalties and red cards as those influence games.

Last season if they were cheating they would have went into overdrive because it was the 10IAR season, yet it went the opposite way.

Carry on though, believe whatever you want to believe. Meanwhile your equivalent over in their forums is saying the exact same thing about the same refs.

And your equivalent in all supporters of the diddy clubs believe refs are biased in favour of us AND them, and give the wee teams nothing.

And nobody can be convinced otherwise. It’s laughable.

"Anyone paying close attention to the 5 points from 6 we dropped under his watch this season will know why he is hand picked."

Tragic OP. Tim levels here. We dropped those points because we were pish.

I'm not arguing against him being a shite referee or whatever.

I'm struggling to get my head around the fact that the 2 games you're talking about, at Tannadice we were nowhere near good enough and caught sleeping at the Dundee United goal & I'm unsure what other game it was (it was either Motherwell or Hearts) - if it was Motherwell we never done nearly enough in the second half for a win and if it was Hearts our strikers had the nightmare of their lives coupled with McGregor gifting them a goal on a plate in the 90th minute.

I can't think of one single decision from the referee that cost us in those two games - but can think of many reasons we cost ourselves in those two games.
It s the decisions he fails to make that invariably cost us..... especially the hearts game , surely you can see the imbalances in his performances and the rest of his colleagues. It's almost as if they've been given a directive not to book opposition players who are constantly fouling when playing Rangers , but make sure you make an example of the Rangers player making the same offence.There's a table going about just now that explains this perfectly , maybe you should have wee look at it..

They are fundamentally all fairly shite refs. And yes some of them are likely to favour them over us. But it’s tinfoil hat stuff to believe our dropped points are down to refereeing decisions so far this season.

That all said, I’m not arguing with the general point that he may well influence the scums game this week.

It was hearts where he had our 2 centre backs booked before 45 mins. It the way he play on, blows for fouls and allows tackles that would never be allowed the other way around. He know how to influence games.
I noticed it a long time ago and he usually has one of his mates on the line either Mulvaney, or Frank Connor, they do a nice little double hatchet act.

What about last season, the biggest season all, stopping their 10IAR, we conceded less penalties and had less men sent off than any other team in the league.

If refs are out to get us then they weren’t doing a very good job,
It was an easy season for refs with no fans and no challenge from celtic the games were not so intense with far less dangerous tackles. It wasnt the season we would have expected with no fans inside the ground.

This season the challenge is there and yes part of the reason is our own poor form, tactics, sitters missed, and obviously players getting over injuries.

I dont really agree with the op the way he picks out tim refs all the time and says they are the problem, mclean, madden and beaton have far more previous for biased performances and handing the tims advantage than the rest.. but its daft to ignore the part refs can and will play.

The media pressure is now building on them and not one guy in the press cares about giving them hassle for correct calls.

We got a huge decision at the weekend, true, an obvious decision but the rest of the game the ref allowed them away with as much as possible his performance was shocking he clearly handed St M an advantage with his lack of cards.

Celtic wont have that problem foul after foul will mean cards and guys like yourself will be saying thats just excellent refereeing.

I do agree that we need to sort out for the form play 4-4-2 and not allow refs to have as much say in the title race as they would like too.

I've said before if you watch Robertson refereeing Rangers, he continually breaks up play by giving free kicks when play could go on, allows timewasting without any punishment and generally disrupts the game. He is a cheat the others perhaps including Clancy are just incompetent.
balls.

They are fundamentally all fairly shite refs. And yes some of them are likely to favour them over us. But it’s tinfoil hat stuff to believe our dropped points are down to refereeing decisions so far this season.

That all said, I’m not arguing with the general point that he may well influence the scums game this week.
We have no shite refs, we have about 8 that can do big games if anything the standard has never been better...... and you say its tinfoil stuff for someone to suggest they believe refs have played a part in Rangers dropping points then go on to say you accept they will probably go out to give the tims a helping hand.

Don’t disagree with that. Each game we have dropped points we didn’t deserve to win.

However, let’s think about their game with Dundee Utd, where they drew at home. Wasn’t that the most EASY decision to any ref to award DU a penalty that day & red card Vickers or whatever his full name is ?

Clancy doesn’t even get embarrassed with decisions like this.

Mate you are utterly mental.

The real stats are the penalties and red cards as those influence games.

Last season if they were cheating they would have went into overdrive because it was the 10IAR season, yet it went the opposite way.

Carry on though, believe whatever you want to believe. Meanwhile your equivalent over in their forums is saying the exact same thing about the same refs.

And your equivalent in all supporters of the diddy clubs believe refs are biased in favour of us AND them, and give the wee teams nothing.

And nobody can be convinced otherwise. It’s laughable.
You are the poster that spends every day going on about the views of Celtic fans a bit unfair to suggest the op sounds like one of them.

why are you only interested in going over last season when clearly it was a piss easy season for the refs due to no crowd and a Celtic side that folded at this point of the season ?

You must be the only person that watches the game and believes the only calls that matter are reds and penalties.

Last edited:
Coincidence I think not. After all its a tricky tie at Easter Road for the scum.

Anyone paying close attention to the 5 points from 6 we dropped under his watch this season will know why he is hand picked.

Knows how to influence a game. Clancy with brains. A sleekit fud that is not fit nor proper for the job he holds. Has refereed 7 all premiership games this season inc Wednsday night. This will be his 5th one involving us or them. Why?

Guaranteed we will be talking about this muppet on Wednesday night.
Oh dear.
This sounds like Timothy type of post.
How many times have we dropped points, because of a ref????
It's mainly we didn't play to our best.
Yes refs get it wrong, but to blame them for us dropping points,i'm not so sure.

People need to start analysing a game. Yes we may get lucky some times. But in general when a game is close, especially when there is 20 mins or so to go, watch how a referee can influence a game of football. And look at the teams involved.

I have given some stats, but they seem to be ignored.

Next time we are 3 goals up dont be surprised for Don Robertson to give us a goal that should not be, or the opposition gets a soft red. It is how he operates. Its when the game is tight, he controls the game to suit.
There was a period a while ago where we hadn’t had a penalty for an incredible amount of time. Predictably we ended up getting a spate against the dross teams when it didn’t matter.

Oh dear.
This sounds like Timothy type of post.
How many times have we dropped points, because of a ref????
It's mainly we didn't play to our best.
Yes refs get it wrong, but to blame them for us dropping points,i'm not so sure.

Your one of the reasons we are down trodden. Dont open your eyes, and all is rosey in bonnie scotland,

Look and digest

Don Robertson last 30 games involving us and them have been divided equally to date.

15 games each.

Celtic have dropped 0 points!
Rangers have dropped 18 points!

Celtic have had 0 red cards!
Rangers have had 2 red cards!

Celtic have had 7 yellow cards!
Rangers have had 23 yellow cards!

Celtic have had 3 Penaltys!
Rangers have had 0 penaltys!

Yet I am the bampot for pointing this out. Some on hear dont like facts, Wonder why?

Your one of the reasons we are down trodden. Dont open your eyes, and all is rosey in bonnie scotland,

Look and digest

Don Robertson last 30 games involving us and them have been divided equally to date.

15 games each.

Celtic have dropped 0 points!
Rangers have dropped 18 points!

Celtic have had 0 red cards!
Rangers have had 2 red cards!

Celtic have had 7 yellow cards!
Rangers have had 23 yellow cards!

Celtic have had 3 Penaltys!
Rangers have had 0 penaltys!

Yet I am the bampot for pointing this out. Some on hear dont like facts, Wonder why?
That’s wild seeing it laid out like that to be fair.

I feel I need to see that Aribo challenge again, as at the time it didn’t even cross my mind a red card was in anyway possible. I’d be 1000% positive it was never red card worthy.

Are you for real?

It’s pretty clear to me BBN3.

Celtic on average get a yellow every 13 fouls, while Rangers & most others get a yellow every 6 fouls.
Someone posted stats from across Europe.

Even in like Germany, Spain, France etc teams were averaging a yellow card for every 5-8 games or something

Celtic’s numbers are a massive outlier not just for SPL, but for Europe in general. Funnily enough, when they play in Europe their numbers go back to “normal” whereas ours barely changed

No. I’m sticking him on ignore because this ridiculous argument is as old as time itself and as always is just the polar opposite of the same thing being played out on tim sites.
You look at a snapshot of stats and get angry if it makes you feel better. I’ll stick to league tables and trophies.
False

The games we dropped points this year are in the main down to us

But people are off their tits if they don’t think there’s something incredibly odd about those numbers. And despite claims to the contrary, this a repeated pattern across many seasons.

And as I said in a post above, there was someone posting on here the other day that Celtic‘s cards per foul number is not just a massive outlier in Scotland, but is entirely outwith the norm across Europe’s major leagues and big sides

Coincidence I think not. After all its a tricky tie at Easter Road for the scum.

Anyone paying close attention to the 5 points from 6 we dropped under his watch this season will know why he is hand picked.

Knows how to influence a game. Clancy with brains. A sleekit fud that is not fit nor proper for the job he holds. Has refereed 7 all premiership games this season inc Wednsday night. This will be his 5th one involving us or them. Why?

Guaranteed we will be talking about this muppet on Wednesday night.

It will be interesting how he manages added time at the end of the game if the score is tight. I am sure if Celtic are 1-0 down or drawing and on the attack in the final seconds, we can rely on him to blow up early again!!!

It was hearts where he had our 2 centre backs booked before 45 mins. It the way he play on, blows for fouls and allows tackles that would never be allowed the other way around. He know how to influence games.
At the same time in that Hearts game, he could easily have sent Joe Aribo and Juninho Bacuna. He’s a shite ref but I’m not sure about the conspiracy

Back