MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's going to be an incredible, even unique atmosphere at Ibrox tonight. The players will be fully aware of how momentous the occasion is and there is no doubt in my mind that they will put in a performance worthy of it. Come on Rangers.

We should have Kamara back. The midfield duel of Lundstram and Brown could be interesting at times. Hopefully a settled back four for this. I just wonder if the midfield may be tweaked a little for this game, or will Aribo stay there tonight. Roofe, and Morelos will most probably be start, for definite.

Let's do this for Walter, the fans need to going hysterical and the players need to come out like men possessed. WATP.

They have huge problems defensively we need to be right at them from the offset.

Boss Stephen Glass has confirmed Aberdeen have been hit with a defensive injury crisis with Calvin Ramsay, Jack MacKenzie and Declan Gallagher all ruled out until at least the international break.

We are due to give someone 3 or 4 surely, with their defensive injures if we can’t do it tonight then I’m not sure when we do

Emotional night. No less than 100% like he would have expected. 4-0 and no sitting back on a one goal lead tonight.

We should have Kamara back. The midfield duel of Lundstram and Brown could be interesting at times. Hopefully a settled back four for this. I just wonder if the midfield may be tweaked a little for this game, or will Aribo stay there tonight. Roofe, and Morelos will most probably be start, for definite.
Over recent years Arfield, Kent and Alfie have humiliated Brown. Dont see why Lundstram can't too.

They have huge problems defensively we need to be right at them from the offset.

Boss Stephen Glass has confirmed Aberdeen have been hit with a defensive injury crisis with Calvin Ramsay, Jack MacKenzie and Declan Gallagher all ruled out until at least the international break.
Ramsay the guy who got fouled 47 times by Jota? Looked a decent player at Aberdeen level, especially when you consider the players were refereed to 2 different rulebooks

Due to an injury I will miss game and absolutely gutted will not be there to offer respect to Walter. I expect to be in tears at the tribute. Show support throughout for the team and as Academical says Win it for Walter

It is going to be an emotional night, gutted I won't be there. Hopefully the players will put on a show in his honour and fans sing it loud and proud for 90 minutes. Win it for Walter. X

In Walter's words and philosophy of football - "just win". Really hope, and I rather expect, the players to leave everything out on the park tonight for the father figure of our club. Nothing less than 100% and a good win. Would be fitting with it being the team he won his first title against as Rangers manager on the last day. Additionally, I hope the way the club play tribute to him is of the upmost exceptional standard that he deserves.

Tonight will be a hugely emotional night for all concerned. It will be fitting then for Rangers to win and win well. Walter won his first league title as Manager in his own right against Aberdeen, so it’s somewhat fitting that in his passing, we played Aberdeen in a vital match that could determine how this title race pans out in our 150th year.

The message should and will be loud and clear from our current manager, Mr Gerrard and that will simply be to win and win for Walter.

I believe tonight will be a catalyst for us to kick on and dominate the division for the remainder of the season. We will be as determined as ever to win this title for the Great Man.

Can’t wait for tonight.

It will be hugely emotional beforehand but the players need to try and seperate themselves from that and just try and concentrate on winning the game, it’s exactly what Walter would demand.

Hard to focus on the game tonight. Obviously want to win it for Walter but seems less important in the grand scheme of things

Leaving Merseyside at one so I can be up early to pay my respects at the gates and be in the ground early.
Hopefully Morelos can kick on now he has reached his ton. Fully expect a convincing victory tonight.
Win it for Walter

Mon the Gers, just do it for Walter.

Its always a pleasure to put the sheep in their fold, and I am hoping for that tonight.

Mon the Gers, just do it for Walter.

I’d taken a half day for today but I’ve been self isolating since Monday so unable to attend, hopefully we put a big performance in for Walter tonight.

Anyone know if seat sub users will get a code to watch for free, like we did v Hibs (the last non- Saturday 3pm game)?

Going to be tough to break down that world class defence of Bates & McCrorie Especially if Brown gets stuck in there as well :))

Not to compare Gerrard with Walter Smith as a manager, I do think they are cut from a similar Football cloth in terms of heritage and principles.

I have no doubt Gerrard will say the right thing to the players pre-match about going out and doing the right thing via a performance level tonight.

This has became a huge game for non football reasons. The disgusting sheep would like nothing more than to put a wrench in the works.

I am confident we'll win but even if we don't tonight is a tribute to a great man. The last of Rangers' truly great managers, and we've had many.

Last edited:
Feeling so sad for Greegs and Davis, they were both close to Walter and played under him for a lot of years, this would have hit them harder than most in Ibrox, not sure if the gaffer will play them or if the boys demand they play.
This is going to be a very difficult night for everyone one of us

Ramsay is on 8 assists in all comps this season and is one ahead of Tav for chances created in the league. I'm glad he's out.

Lol, I'm doing my best. But it's hard to think about the actual game here.

I keep getting flash backs to the Pep Guardiola pre-match team talk in regards to David Silva, his family and premature birth of his son, Mateo, who was ill. A pretty emotional speech from Pep.

The players responded by walloping Tottenham.

I know the situations are completely different but I can see some thing similar from the manager tonight. Walter Smith would have wanted this game to go ahead - as Gerrard said yesterday, it’s going to be an emotional few days and weeks ahead but; The best tribute I and we as a team can do is be united, get the fans behind us and try and win the game tomorrow. That will be the best tribute we can give him and his family.

Let’s Go…

It's going to be a very emotional evening.
All 90 minutes will have a highly charged atmosphere and I hope we can use that to get the win, which would be very fitting tonight.

Looks like Kent is in the match day squad so could be back in contention for a place.

The 3 of them are good players, but I think we are too negative when Davis, Kamara and Lundstram play in midfield together, if they played together we would dominate possession but not create many chances. I think we should only play one of them at the same time against weaker SPL teams and two of them at the same time against stronger SPL teams.

Against a weaker team like Aberdeen I'd go for an attacking formation:

___________McGregor
Patterson Goldson Balogun Barisic
________Lundstram Aribo
_____________Hagi
________Roofe Morelos Kent

Last edited:
Looks like Kent is in the match day squad so could be back in contention for a place.

The 3 of them are good players, but I think we are too negative when Davis, Kamara and Lundstram play in midfield together, if they played together we would dominate possession but not create many chances. I think we should only play one of them at the same time against weaker EPL teams and two of them at the same time against stronger EPL teams.

Against a weaker team like Aberdeen I'd go for an attacking formation:

___________McGregor
Patterson Goldson Balogun Barisic
________Lundstram Aribo
_____________Hagi
________Roofe Morelos Kent
Tav won't miss out v Aberdeen and Kent won't play from the start.

I never get fed up beating Aberdeen. I would love it if we can have the match wrapped up before half time and then go out and absolutely hammer them.
Go on lads. Win it for Walter !!

Back