Ewen Cameron on Walter Smith

Ewen Cameron is what a football pundit should be in Scotland but sadly is probably the only one!
Exactly. As a pundit, you should be able to state your allegiance, but still be capable of cutting through the venom of Scottish football & giving a balanced & reasonable point of view. Cameron doesn't seem to take himself too seriously, whereas you have someone like Michael Stewart who wants to fight everyone & anyone who dares disagree with him & is full of hate.
Like what Neville & Carragher do in England. Excellent pundits, everyone knows where they stand, they have a bit of banter & when they do argue it is a considered argument & not just hate-filled nonsense. We are a long, long way off it north of the border.

I do remember his reaction at the time when Walter left to go back to Rangers.

he was raging! Took the passage of time for him to see it in the end!

Camerons a decent guy.

His words dont come as a surprise, he'd probably wax lyrical a lot longer given the airtime or word space.

Beautiful words! Walter never hid his love for Rangers and that is something I can relate to. In a world where Rangers fans are vilified for showing allegiance it means the world to us that Walter supported us and never hid from it.

You'll never understand son, you're a Hearts supporter.

Caught me off guard that :(

How lucky we are that Walter Smith was one of us.

Ewen is a Hearts twat, always will be, but a nice story on a difficult day for bears.
That’s a bit harsh calling him a twat. Looking at the poison being spouted by the sheep up north I think we need to start being a bit kinder to one another. Walter Smith was and is respected by Hearts fans across the board, whether it’s the lunatics on JKB or the average supporter in the stands.

I realise by the time next week comes around it’ll be back to the ‘twats’ referring to sevco, letting clubs die etc but for now, I think I’d speak for all Hearts supporters in expressing condolences and sadness at the loss of a true Scottish football icon, the gentle giant, who was a Ranger in his heart and utterly dedicated to his club, and most importantly of all a devoted family man.

That’s got me going again

Sir Walter was a Rangers man through and through and what a perfect way to sum up what 2008 meant to us

WATP

Saw this earlier, thought it was superb.

EC is a decent pundit. He’s was all over twitter about hearts challenge but knows he gets it back and takes it.
Ewan Cameron is not a pundit.
He has never played the game.
He is a disc jockey who decided to chair a football phone in show.

He's a good guy Ewan. Acts the fanny at times, but that's almost part of his charm. Scottish media would be a far better place with more like him in it.

Ewen Cameron is what a football pundit should be in Scotland but sadly is probably the only one!
Totally agree never heard a bit of nasty petty shit from him as it should be. He supports who he supports that’s his business he has never had the need for snide digs or nasty comments.Totally different from the rest and you can describe his stuff as banter.Wish there was more like him.

So basically you need to have played the game to have any knowledge of it?

How was your professional career and what medals/trophies did you win or do you have no knowledge of the game?

You come across as a bitter ‘fud’ in your post.
Hearts fans are no friends of us.
I saw the venom they were spitting at us in the Sandy Jardine stand when they equalised after Greegsy's mistake.
Pure hatred it was.

That’s a bit harsh calling him a twat. Looking at the poison being spouted by the sheep up north I think we need to start being a bit kinder to one another. Walter Smith was and is respected by Hearts fans across the board, whether it’s the lunatics on JKB or the average supporter in the stands.

I realise by the time next week comes around it’ll be back to the ‘twats’ referring to sevco, letting clubs die etc but for now, I think I’d speak for all Hearts supporters in expressing condolences and sadness at the loss of a true Scottish football icon, the gentle giant, who was a Ranger in his heart and utterly dedicated to his club, and most importantly of all a devoted family man.
Well said mate,very nicely put.

I saw the venom they were spitting at us in the Sandy Jardine stand when they equalised after Greegsy's mistake.
Pure hatred it was.
‘Pyoor hatred tho it ith’

Aye, I know the ones you’re talking about, more interested in giving it the big ‘un to Rangers fans than celebrating with the players in front of them. They embarrass me and people need to realise that the moronic minority in our support don’t reflect the views of everyone.

Pure hatred it was.

And you were blowing them kisses and giving them a friendly wave were you?

Did someone call you a bad name today?

You seem awfully angry on a day you should be thinking a wee bit more about our former manager and the positive influence he had inside and outside of our club and a little less about your petty frustrations.

‘Pyoor hatred tho it ith’

Aye, I know the ones you’re talking about, more interested in giving it the big ‘un to Rangers fans than celebrating with the players in front of them. They embarrass me and people need to realise that the moronic minority in our support don’t reflect the views of everyone.
Well said mate. My father in law is Edinburgh born and bred. He is a Bear but his brother and nephew are Hearts fans. Had some cracking banter with them. The boy tried to be a smart arse with some snide comments but was put right in his place with some equal venom. His pissy facial expression said it all.But on the whole had some good laughs with them. Just as it should be.

Last edited:
I miss his Football phone in he done with Alan Rough. It was funny as f^ck and he showed no favoritism towards the Old Firm as his colours were very much Hearts.

Nice words from Ewen Cameron, I quite like the guy to be fair, the football daft podcast just wasn't the same without him and I stopped listening to it

Always loved Walters press conference when he returned here and he stated Rangers were the only club he’d have left the Scotland job for.

Ewen is a Hearts twat, always will be, but a nice story on a difficult day for bears.
Hearts supporters aren't all twats. Cameron is decent enough, and Jambo Reid1874 is certainly respected on here.

Also, I sat with Jimmy Millar who, of course, also died yesterday, and he told me how much of a Jambo he was.
OK. He admitted he had been converted to being a Ranger, but obviously loved the Hearts.

Stop being a twat yourself.

Back