Any word on a pitch inspection?

it’s been some downpour there is a small river running past the motor just now we were just wondering if there would be one.

Sitting in Renfrew and my grass is one big puddle

Been torrential for the last hour or so

Reminds me of the game that got called off at stmirren few years back

I mean does your lawn have world class drainage? ;) it’s been brutal the weather last few hours but we’ll be ok.

This rain reminds me of home game against Aberdeen in early 1993 when they game got called off not long before kick-off.
The weather forecast the day before was dreadful and some of the other NI Bears hadn’t travelled. Me and some of the other boys were having a wee giggle at them around 12.30 and everything looked great.

I wasn’t laughing at 14.50. I remember the ref throwing the ball into the pitch and it sticking like glue, straight back up the tunnel. A guy behind me with a radio said they’d called it off and walked on out. I sat until the official announcement.

The guys at home got the last laugh.

Reminds me of 2 years ago against Livi, was on it the night before and lay in bed praying for the game to be off, everyone on here became drainage experts so up I got, showered, dressed, couldn't even manage a coffee and about a minute before I got picked up the game got called off.
Felt better by then so got straight back on and repeated the process the following day..... never learn.

Lucky you. My back bedroom is developing one as I type. Doubt there's much I can do except stick a bucket under it tonight but it's got me wondering whether to leave it and go to the game or whether I'll come back to a bedroom with nae ceiling.

The key there surely is 'At St Mirren'?

Our grass won't puddle up like that pish.
I wouldn’t be too smug on this one.
We’ve lost a few games to flooding like this.
One game against the sheep comes to mind.
Was Sir Walter’s first game back not in danger as well?

I've been down here since Sunday , which was a lovely afternoon but since Sunday night which was torrential lashing rain, its seems to have rained non stop , been lashing since early afternoon and I'm holed up in pub on Byers Road but trouble getting out the front door as the street is totally flooded, hopefully eases off before the game.

Seen a few folk say it's only a wee bit of rain. The last few hours have been absolutely something else. I've just drove home and seen places in Paisley flooding that I have never known like that before. If keeps up like this for a few hours wouldn't be too sure.

Lucky you. My back bedroom is developing one as I type. Doubt there's much I can do except stick a bucket under it tonight but it's got me wondering whether to leave it and go to the game or whether I'll come back to a bedroom with nae ceiling.
Poke a hole through where it's leaking and get to the fùcking game ffs B-D

Seen a few folk say it's only a wee bit of rain. The last few hours have been absolutely something else. I've just drove home and seen places in Paisley flooding that I have never known like that before. If keeps up like this for a few hours wouldn't be too sure.
The same people said “it’s only a bit of rain” before the Livingston game in 2020.

And guess what? It was called off:))

I've been down here since Sunday , which was a lovely afternoon but since Sunday night which was torrential lashing rain, its seems to have rained non stop , been lashing since early afternoon and I'm holed up in pub on Byers Road but trouble getting out the front door as the street is totally flooded, hopefully eases off before the game.

Also in the pub not sure when to leave haha

My pal says GWR has just been closed by police due to flooding, for any bears travelling in from that neck of the woods.
Still horrendous down here north Ayrshire.

My pal says GWR has just been closed by police due to flooding, for any bears travelling in from that neck of the woods.
Still horrendous down here north Ayrshire.

Great Western Road? Which bit? I’m currently on it and its open but tbf it’s a long old road

Back