MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We blew any funds when we crashed out of the UCL. We'll blow them again at the end of this season if we don't win the league. Even worse if the tramps waltz straight in to claim the windfall.
Exactly. We don't win this league and get that money they'll be no quality coming in and we'll be stuck in a rut. No league win, then imo Gerrard needs to go. 1 trophy in his tenure so far isn't good enough.

They let the sheep shaggers get a 2 goal lead and a goal by that worm Brown no less then spent the game chasing it trying to get back into it. Defending and passing by Goldson was just awful and I know we’ll get the “well footballers are human too” but seriously he just looks like he’s checked out and waiting for January to roll around so he can get his big chance and big money down south for some mediocre English equivalent of Ross County

We lack any pace mid to front no vision from midfield, slack passing in defence and midfield and Roofe going wide and Alfie having to come deep to give the midfield a pass then ends up breaking down. Lundstram has been given more chances to show what he can do and flopped than succeeded and if he’s not performing needs to be dropped. Gerrard has to take some blame for tactics etc but the players we have were pumping teams like the sheep last year seem to lack any of that killer instinct this year

Just all round not good enough

It's getting worrying now, like watching a Warburton team, we created nothing in the second half.

I don't think it's any coincidence that a lot of players in this team had a tremendous season last season when there were no crowds in

Now that crowds are back the jersey is far too heavy for a lot of them. Our management team don't seem to be able to motivate them either which doesn't auger well.
I agree with that and add in the amount of players who are now playing international football and mentally and physically can't get up for the amount of games they play.

Tav and Alfie have no excuses though and need dropped, We have a striker who plays midfield and a defender who can't defend.

why the f..k was lunstram playing as a third CH for .if he wasn't ,someone should have told him .shocking performance by the whole team .heavy touches,misplaced passes ,no threat up front,committing stupid fouls (goldson and arfield last 5 mins) no one with any composure on the ball and midfield far too slow to release the ball,especially to bassey on the left who was the only plus on a dreadful night to end a dreadful 2 days for our club.
we have returned to our fold of 2 seasons ago .pass pass pass pass pass and no penetration to speak of .
our captain.....despite his assist and the penalty,prob one of his worst performances in a long time in open play .
totally pissed off tbh but that has been our whole season form and against a sheep defence that wouldn't get on our bench....aghhhh

Do we have the funds? I don't think we do. That's why nothing was spent in the summer.
That's the Board's problem, as a fanbase we've gone way beyond our collective means in supporting the club through season tickets, endless merchandise, share issues, Edmiston House.

For all the joy that 55 brought, it's gone, we've become stale and predictable. Would love to see the current crop step it up, but on current form, it seems increasingly unlikely.

Tonight was nothing to do with refs. We got a soft penalty. We were utter sh1te. Nothing in misfield, Roofe and Alfie dont go together, slow passing in posession, hagi no pace, misplaced passes, poor down the flanks, constantly turning into a congested midfield, no movement off the ball, stupid fouls, piss poor marking. The balance isn’t there. That aberdeen team are garbage. Like hearts and Motherwell and we’ve dropped 6 points against teams that do nothing other than score against us. We got knocked out CL against Malmö, scraped by some other fekkin team, throwing away goals right left and centre.
I am talking about time wasting.

The goals we lost were shocking.
Always knew this pissing about from the back from goal kicks would come back and haunt us.
And Tav shown up again defending. Play him right mid or if not Patterson needs to play right back.
That looked a very lethargic performance tonight.
Our manager needs to learn to make subs earlier and that they are more effective..although we have all said that for the last few years.
Scunnered tonight

Absolutely no leadership on that park, none whatsoever.

Something not right in the dressing room as far as I'm concerned.

Its all about money in my opinion. Some getting paid a fortune and contributing nothing. Others deciding they want more money too. They dont get it because the kitty is empty. Result is disharmony and failure.

Aberdeen are an exceptionally poor team.

Says all you need to know about tonight's performance and the state of our team.

Disgusted.

For me the writing was on the wall at home to Malmo.

It's like they genuinely didn't realise it was a CL qualifier.

No interest. No urgency. It was all so passive and meek. And we got knocked out.

Our league form? Largely the same.

They simply don't care anymore.
This is the it. The likes of Goldson, if he wasn't signing on over the summer, should have been sincerely thanked for his contribution and sold, to be replaced with someone that wanted to be here more. I wouldn't really have wanted the likes of Kamara, Morelos, Tav, Hagi, Kent to be sold, but we could've got good money for them and brought in quality that was hungrier for success with it.

People might say no one was meeting the Club's valuation of these players, but at some point you have to think the valuation might just be unrealistic and take what's on offer in order to freshen up the squad with a bit of quality.

Playing the way we have been has us 2 points clear in the league.

Maybe you would rather play amazing football and not be top.

I know what I'd prefer.
Playing the way we have been since the start of the season isn’t sustainable to maintain top position in the league. It was inevitable we would start to drop points if performances didn’t improve. This has proven to be the case. I still think we are capable of turning it around however, we are in a rut and we have seen this story before with this squad of players. Something needs to change and change quickly.

Tavernier and Goldson for starters.

Their form has been chronic of late. Yet, there they were again in the starting XI.
Yes Paterson should start. Who is picked ahead of Goldson ffs, Simpson? Seriously??? Goldson is not his mate. He picks him because, rightly or wrongly, he thinks Goldson is the best available for that position.

Celtic just went to Easter Road and won 3-1.

Could you see us doing that right now?

Wake up.
They’ve gone from a team that hadn’t won an away game since February to wining five games in a row, three of them away league victories. If anyone isn’t taking them seriously, they are fooling themselves. We started the same kind of run last October and never looked back.

Lack of urgency, tempo whatever you want to call it
BUT on a very emotional night for everyone, we came from 2-0 down to get a draw

First round of fixtures over and 2pts clear

Yes I’m clinging to positives but it’s either that or I’ll greet

We look a team with three glaring problems:
1. A few players have eyes on an exit I think (Goldson, Hagi and Morelos)

2. A few have peaked or can never change the game in the way that Kent can (Tav, Roofe)

3. We’re an ageing squad which doesn’t leave much by way of “impact” subs (Davis, Arfield)

If something doesn't change we are in real bother, we are so predicable and easy to play against. Fed up with this powderpuff midfield
Did we have a midfield?
Lundstram wants to play deeper than the centre backs,Kamara in turn plays deeper and Aribo is left on his own

Playing the way we have been since the start of the season isn’t sustainable to maintain top position in the league. It was inevitable we would start to drop points if performances didn’t improve. This has proven to be the case. I still think we are capable of turning it around however, we are in a rut and we have seen this story before with this squad of players. Something needs to change and change quickly.
Need to do it soon with the games coming up.

For me their goal that he was part of was as much Goldsons fault as there was no pace on the ball Goldson gives him. He has to make up the ground on the ball and be first with a precise pass before the attacker gets there. None of that happens. He was IMO laying far too deep overall though and didnt have a good game.
He lacks movement in his own turning circle.
He has all the dynamic movement of an OAP.
This is possibly the most important space for a midfield player who has to negotiate 360 degrees.

I had my doubts about Lundstram in the early games.
Every doubt resurfaced tonight.
Okay, he scored a corker the other week. That won't be happening too often though.

By and large he offers nothing. He's got no pace or mobilty and he has two signature passes, sideways and back.

However, he wasn't the only player who let us down tonight. They all did.

Tav is the worst defender at the club
Hagi has no pace and other teams have worked him out,they put two or three men on him,safe in the knowledge he won't run past them.
I would sell both in January.

For me the writing was on the wall at home to Malmo.

It's like they genuinely didn't realise it was a CL qualifier.

No interest. No urgency. It was all so passive and meek. And we got knocked out.

Our league form? Largely the same.

They simply don't care anymore.
2016 semi-final repeating itself again , too many players think because that lot were beaten they have made it at Rangers

May I throw in that I don`t really want to hear much or Tyldesley any longer? If RTV wants to have a commentator of a Rangers game, let a Rangers man do it, be it Miller or someone else. I don`t really want to hear our games being commentated by someone who does it like the next best game he has to do and where he is hardly involved in. We have enough on that on the other broadcasters.

That's the Board's problem, as a fanbase we've gone way beyond our collective means in supporting the club through season tickets, endless merchandise, share issues, Edmiston House.

For all the joy that 55 brought, it's gone, we've become stale and predictable. Would love to see the current crop step it up, but on current form, it seems increasingly unlikely.
The board have given Gerrard money every season since he came and he's won 1 trophy, maybe they're fed up seeing money wasted. Maybe they've said no more, it's free transfers now. There's only so long they can hand money out and get nothing in return.

Poor performance, poor result. Badly missing the two Ryans but we should still have been able to take that mob and it's concerning that we didn't. In saying that, after we lost the second goal I'd have settled for a draw. Gerrard needs to realise that Lundstram and Kamara in the same midfield is not working for us. The next thing we're missing is pace. Kent will give us that when he returns but I think he'll need to start giving Sakala a chance as well.
Agree with this Jack and Kent are big misses, when I see Aribo Lunstrum Kamara as midfield 3 I get the fear, Aribo plays too deep he would be better suited in a No.10 , Patterson needs to be deployed now. Kamara is a nice footballer but is not a battler and has zero goal threat, so really do we need him in there against these cloggers? I'm not sure on Sakala yet

Playing the way we have been has us 2 points clear in the league.

Maybe you would rather play amazing football and not be top.

I know what I'd prefer.
Get your head out of the sand.

What will your excuse be in another couple of matches?

Playing the way we have been has us level on points with Celtic”?

And another two matches after that?

Playing the way we have been has us only 2 points behind Celtic”?

The ONLY reason we are still top is because of the horrendous start Celtic made. But they are now over that and are in form.

We started unconvincingly and have gotten worse.

That was grim tonight. Zero zip or pace on the attack. We actually looked pretty open too when they turned the ball over. What has really been pissing me off lately is the gifting of soft fouls to teams hell bent on wasting time with 2 examples being Goldson's and Arfield's pushes in the last few minutes.

Back