MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gutless and a heartless performance. No leadership from the captain no urgency going forward. Drawing at home to a team struggling in the league is utterly pathetic. Especially tonight.

Absolutely no positives from that. We can only hope the occasion got to them.

We have been poor all season but that was a different level of poor.

A night that couldn't have any more emphasis on a must win and the team/management serve us this crap , I'm not feeling confident for what's to come. No doubt some will try and gloss over this with the usual shite .
I doubt we'll be reading too much from our dry panty posters on this match thread.

Maybe, just maybe, tonight will finally be the wake up call.

It's hard to see where that one game, the one that transforms our season is coming from.

What he say?

Said he is worried. Midfield no creativity. Didn’t test the keeper. Morelos as the main striker should be banging in 25goals a season and should be ragdolling centre halves. Wright etc not good enough

Paraphrasing but that was the jist.

We are predictable as %^*&, teams have our style figured out, our arses collapse with a high press. Can see us dropping points again on Sunday at this rate.

I doubt we'll be reading too much from our dry panty posters on this match thread.

Maybe, just maybe, tonight will finally be the wake up call.

It's hard to see where that one game, the one that transforms our season is coming from.
This season doesn't look like it will transform.

A team full of players whose attitude is "job done" and no further ambition.

If tonight didn't motivate them, a place in the champions league didn't motivate them, I doubt much else will.

Said he is worried. Midfield no creativity. Didn’t test the keeper. Morelos as the main striker should be banging in 25goals a season and should be ragdolling centre halves. Wright etc not good enough

Paraphrasing but that was the jist.

Imagine criticising Morelos the legend. I guess McCann knows nothing about football unlike the FF experts.

The board have given Gerrard money every season since he came and he's won 1 trophy, maybe they're fed up seeing money wasted. Maybe they've said no more, it's free transfers now. There's only so long they can hand money out and get nothing in return.
We spent literally nothing in the summer. I don't disagree that Gerrard deserves criticism, but a sizeable majority of the current squad could retire tomorrow with one league title being the most they could ever have hoped for. That might be where we are now, but it's not the mentality this club was built on or what we should be aspiring to.

This season doesn't look like it will transform.

A team full of players whose attitude is "job done" and no further ambition.

If tonight didn't motivate them, a place in the champions league didn't motivate them, I doubt much else will.

More money will motivate them.

Are we knackered or playing with the handbrake on (deliberately pacing ourselves over the season, lack of an intensive press)

If the former, then very worrying

I'm not usually a drama queen, but this title is slipping away already, I can’t see this side hitting the heights this season?
We play Celtc at the weekend they would beat us no problem.

If there were no bids in the summer there's no chance of any bids in January.

Not one player has improved since then.
I would think the value of a few has declined; there may well be bids but we will be very lucky to get the £15m that was bid for Alfie 15 months ago.

TBH if the board had money the manager would have got it in the summer.
Not signing a player/s who are automatic starters is biting us big time.
We’re regressing at an alarming rate.
I said early pre season that those not fully committed should have been sold, I don’t care who they were. We needed around 3 first team starters brought into the club. Our fannying about is going to cost us. SG really needs to be ruthless like Souness and bench non performers. You would think that tonight of all nights, we would have thrown everything at Aberdeen.

Connor Goldson was brilliant last season, but he is error prone to a degree that makes me worry about his focus this term.
I don't know if that is impacting the captain, but he looks like a different player.
Time for Patterson.
Sadly there is nothing we can do about Goldson.
One good aspect of tonight is that Bassey was tremendous in the first half and is beginning to look like a cracking signing.
The team should have been refreshed at half time.
The manager was too slow to take a tactical initiative.

Alfie and Tav need a rest.

Hopefully that's the last goal we lose from farting around playing show-off football at the back. This game was only going one way until that moment. Even Rangers can't afford to give away free goals!

Millimetres away from doing the same against Brondby on more than one occasion.

STILL top of the league playing at this level, I'm not too worried yet

I'm not usually a drama queen, but this title is slipping away already, I can’t see this side hitting the heights this season?
We play Celtc at the weekend they would beat us no problem.
On our recent performances anyone has a chance of beating us, but playing them away from home the way we are playing doesn't look good.

We need a centre forward, a target man, not saying we punt the ball long but we need to think about a big number nine.
I agree 100% Azzuri.

I don’t want Morelos coming 40 yards deep, I don’t care if he is “improving his game”, I want him in the box ready for when Wright, Kent or Hagi put a dangerous ball into the box. He’s no us 40 yards out - he ain’t no Brian Laudrup.

May I throw in that I don`t really want to hear much or Tyldesley any longer? If RTV wants to have a commentator of a Rangers game, let a Rangers man do it, be it Miller or someone else. I don`t really want to hear our games being commentated by someone who does it like the next best game he has to do and where he is hardly involved in. We have enough on that on the other broadcasters.
Man people are angry at some bizarre stuff tonight.

I am beginning to lose confidence in this team, one pace and too many hit and hope balls, simply not good enough, and it’s been the same in most games this season.

I agree 100% Azzuri.

I don’t want Morelos coming 40 yards deep, I don’t care if he is “improving his game”, I want him in the box ready for when Wright, Kent or Hagi put a dangerous ball into the box. He’s no us 40 yards out - he ain’t no Brian Laudrup.
Agree totally, he is not going to put himself out winning high balls in the air but he would be there to pick up the second ball.

The buzz word is "intensity". Translated it really means effort.
Intensity... or effort needs control. We only ever look to have good control of the ball when it's passed around the back four... and even that goes tits up with a bit of pressure.. Middle to front the passing is not precise leading to poor touch & control and the 'laser' precision passing can be easily intercepted by hammer throwers..

I am beginning to lose confidence in this team, one pace and too many hit and hope balls, simply not good enough, and it’s been the same in most games this season.
We all feel the same, something needs to change and soon, don't know how the change will come bu we need it now.

On our recent performances anyone has a chance of beating us, but playing them away from home the way we are playing doesn't look good.
I just think teams have sussed us out and we haven't got the players to change it, we seem laboured in our passing, the intensity has gone completely, Tav and Goldson look like different players from last season.

Gerrard shoulders tge blame for me tonight, persisting with this passing out from the keeper, we are too slow for that and lack movement to carry it out successfully, they played on that likewise they singled out Tavernier as the weakness and pressed him whenever he was in possession. Gerrard should have dealt with both these aspects.
Our front three continually drop deep looking for the pass as our midfield is pedestrian, sideways, sideways, back ,out wide, back, sideways, it’s torture.
Gerrard get way too much slack.

Now with a calmer head on... I think the emotion of the night ramped it up to a must-win sort of situation. In reality though, even when Walter was winning leagues (routinely) there were tough days and dropped points. Most disappointing thing was that scumbag Brown strutting about, especially when it looked like he was aping Alfie's celebration.

Tonight we had a horror start, which cam happen, but to our credit we did manage to salvage something. I'm sure Walter would have been pleased with that aspect - under the Pedros and Warburtons of the world we'd have lost for sure.

Quality, however, is in real short supply at the moment. Need our big players to stand up and be counted, and I hope SG is telling them they are playing for their futures. Long way to go, let's hope in May we are looking at this as a good point.

Not panty wetting before I’m accused of that, but genuinely worried at how poor we are at the moment. Why are so many of the squad miles off the pace?
A few reasons:

1) The manager doesn’t have the balls to drop regular non performers.

2) We didn’t recruit as well as we should have in the summer.

3) A few dining out on 55 as if that was the be all and end of of their aspirations.

I just cannot see how a team who scores only about one goal in every 2 or 3 matches from open play can win the league.

We only seem to score from pens, corners and free kicks, and yet again, our 2 goals tonight were from set pieces.

The management and coaches have a lot to answer for on this score, imo.

We still have players that are good enough to win this league. Problem is lack of work and intensity. This is down to the manager. Also down to the manager is team selection and tactics both of which are wrong.
To be clear we owe SG much for wining the league but for some reason he is no longer able to motivate or sign the players we need.
There is a long way to go this season so all is not lost providing our manager changes the way he runs the team.
My second team is Chelsea and when I see a manager like Tuchel the difference in attitude and what he demands from his players is what we need.
Our play is slow and predictable and too many on the park are just plain lazy.
Patterson is a must to play and although not yet quite what we want I would play Wright as he will give 100% if the manager shows belief in him. That along with Jack will help and I would bring back Itten who as with Wright needs coaching and will give us 100%.
Too many just walk into the team for each game and that needs to change.
SG is not a bad manager be he must start to see his mistakes and start getting players to play for the badge and earn the high wages they get.

No man of match for me tonight everyone off it.

Gutted was hoping for a big performance but as usual those players shxt the bed.

Was hoping we'd be right up for and we play like that?

I must say I've been worried since preseason with the current level and nothings changed.

We've seen these games too many times.

For me I'm getting to a point were if Mr Gerrard doesn't win the league this season then I would like to see someone new in the dugout same old same old sadly.

Couldn't help notice Voldemort Brown prancing around with his old demented, smiley Cheshire Cat face.

Not so sure his employers and the Aberdeen fans will share his joy at their 12 points.

As for pathetic and embarrassing managerial-organised time wasting with players fainting all over the park.

It would be interesting if someone could record ACTUAL time wasted.

He lacks movement in his own turning circle.
He has all the dynamic movement of an OAP.
This is possibly the most important space for a midfield player who has to negotiate 360 degrees.
Theres no disagreement with your analysis of the player from me.

Goldson knows he's slow he trains with him every day. If the ball he played to Lundstram was played outside the box its a hospital ball and a possible red card all day long. The fact Goldson does it in the box means Lundstram cant commit to it at all as he knows its a certain pen if he does.

Back