Arveladze - New Hull Boss

200.gif

He was a very underrated player. But also somewhat unhinged.

Anyone else remember the half-time challenge whereby one of us was allowed onto the pitch to try and kick a ball through a hole from 25 yards? Think the prize was £25K or something.

Shota was warming up and thought he'd have a go, followed the guys off the pitch as they were trying to dismantle and remove the gear. Had about a dozen goes and eventually started examining the hole Mr Bean style. Then puts it though by adopting a basketball approach :)

He was a very underrated player. But also somewhat unhinged.

Anyone else remember the half-time challenge whereby one of us was allowed onto the pitch to try and kick a ball through a hole from 25 yards? Think the prize was £25K or something.

Shota was warming up and thought he'd have a go, followed the guys off the pitch as they were trying to dismantle and remove the gear. Had about a dozen goes and eventually started examining the hole Mr Bean style. Then puts it though by adopting a basketball approach :)
He was woeful at penalties

They were purchased by some Turkish TV tycoon recently. I read an article a few weeks ago saying he wants them to sign mostly Turkish players going forward.

Odd one.

He actually looks like a decent manager who has some recent success with the Uzbekistan club that he was with.

Wish him all the luck. Lot of time for Shota and I don't mind Hull as a club. Hope they do well.

He looks like Mr Bean ffs ! :)

He'll dance for fun down there. Good luck Shota, loved him at Rangers.

Years after the event, I mind reading that it turned out we actually paid something like £/€8m for him. Was that true?

Back