Roofe

So frustrating, rarely is there an international break where one of our players don't pick up an injury.
When you can have up to 15 players travelling around the world and playing 2-3 games in a short space of time - it’s not surprising to be honest.

I do agree with your general point though, but I suppose that’s a consequence of having good players! :))

They really need to confine International to the summer. I don’t know why Roofe decided to play for Jamaica anyway?

Consistency. He has ability.

He's either sugar or shite. There are games when he's virtually a man down in terms of his contribution.
For me a lot of that I's down to how Gerrard used him he's not a wide attacker or a number 9 he played his best football for Leeds playing just of the main striker as a 10

Was pissing myself at the story of him shooting buff and Defoe with a nerf gun, looked like he was drinking a staropramen as well :))

Consistency. He has ability.

He's either sugar or shite. There are games when he's virtually a man down in terms of his contribution.
He is a centre forward who rarely actually gets to play there. Goals per game ratio not too bad despite this. Would like to see him played as the number 9 far more.

Injuries have been a plague on KR. I like him and want him to do well at Rangers.
Hope he's fit for Sunday and then starts a run in the team from then on.

He posted a video on Instagram a video of himself back at the training ground yesterday. Unfortunately his body does not seem suited to be playing a game every 3/4 days, and as already stated international football won’t help this

Would we really need him? He’s been piss poor in the majority of games this season. I certainly wouldn’t be starting him on Thursday on current form.
Neither would I, but he scores goals - he’s always a miss.

I don’t think he has started a game for us the weekend after internationals. It is disruptive enough that Jamaica seem to have games later in the week than european based teams but when you factor travel times and the injury record of the player he should not be doing it, it is that simple

I don’t think he has started a game for us the weekend after internationals. It is disruptive enough that Jamaica seem to have games later in the week than european based teams but when you factor travel times and the injury record of the player he should not be doing it, it is that simple
He’s only been away with Jamaica twice

Fir the same reason Aribo, Bassey and Balogun chose to play for Nigeria?
I know, but two of them are young lads and Balogun has been an international for some time. Roofe is well into his career and suddenly wants international football?

I know I’m in the wrong mate, but I’m just annoyed he’s chosen a team that play half the world away and typically out if sync with the European calendar

Hopefully we can keep him fit for the season. It’s been stop-start from day one. He’s been in really poor form regard link up play but I hope he turns the corner as he’s a very important players for us that scores goals.

Roofe is a player I just can’t warm too. Feel like he should be contributing more. His social media feels very self centred and not convinced he is in it for the team.

Hope he scores the winner on Sunday

Dunno if im out of order here, but it annoys me Roofe getting injured playing for a country he isn’t from.
Yep, I kinda agree. I normally support players who opt to play for a 'Grandfathered' nation, because it undoubtedly enhances their transfer and other associated value (and therefore their value to their club). But it is hard to see the benefit for a relatively injury-prone 28 year-old or for us declaring for a team with no chance of qualifying for a major tourny. Strange.

Selfishly, wish the guy wasn’t involved internationally.

We struggle to keep him fit without the extra games and long haul travel.
Nothing selfish about it.
Actually, with his injury record, it’s pretty selfish of the player to want to play international football.
More so when nearly every game, or every trip, will see so much travel.

Roofe is a player I just can’t warm too. Feel like he should be contributing more. His social media feels very self centred and not convinced he is in it for the team.

Hope he scores the winner on Sunday
Feel likewise.
I think too many of our support are just willing Roofe to be better than he really is.
I don’t care about his social media though.
Unless he’s being negative about the club or his time here.

Back