Day 1 - GVB

Although I agree with this and Kent’s dribbling is one of his best attributes, he’s slowed down to walking pace and ruined far too many attacks this season trying to overcomplicate things.

It’s probably not the worst thing going back to basics and incisively passing and moving.
Smith done it with Ronaldo who was a bigger bag on tricks than Kent and that worked out no to bad I think Kent just needs to be more direct and like you said not overcomplicated it get at the fullback and commit him

Roy to Kent "Tricks are for the circus"
du2.png

Right, questions from the full video:

Who is wearing number 90 on their training kit? Looks like a young black kid

No Balogun? Bit of a worry

No Roofe either or I might be dumb?

I don’t want to be a doom monger and I know it’s the mangers first training session but it’s worrying how little smiles there were. Just looking very much of going through the motions

It’s the 20 minutes that the camera were allowed to film. The first 20 of the first session after the players probably had a big meeting and a bollocking from Gio.

Trying to tame Ryan Kent would be a bad start for any coaching team so I'm going to try and not think too much into the comment.

Defoe wearing blue instead of black suggests to me that he might become a playing option again.
Walter done the same with Ronaldo and that didn't turn out too bad.

how long do we give GVB and the team to bed in

a bad result on thursday, are we expecting a meltdown on here

how long do we give GVB and the team to bed in

a bad result on thursday, are we expecting a meltdown on here

Naturally:)).

The truth of the matter though, is that he has some bad apples to clear from that dressing room.

If we can get to the January break there or thereabouts, he will have done a fantastic job.

The lack of smiles hadn't occurred to me until I read this thread but presumably, the squad and Gio were already introduced this morning before this session. Just a guess but quite possibly our new gaffer made them aware how unacceptable Sunday's performance was at that meeting. Wouldn't put the players in a good mood

Right, questions from the full video:

Who is wearing number 90 on their training kit? Looks like a young black kid

No Balogun? Bit of a worry

No Roofe either or I might be dumb?
Roofe is injured. As for the other two I don't know.

Makaay’s comment wouldn’t even have been directed at Kent, as it wasn’t him that gave ball away.
doesn't matter who it was directed at, it was a case of "do what I tell you", as GVB will not let anyone deviate from his plan and the way he wants his team to play, players not sticking to the manager's directives is not allowed at all, which is exactly what the players need imo

new management team

new era

clean slate

don't keep getting upset at what has went before

unless you feel it is necessary

Can anyone tell me how to get past the white bar of doom on RTV on Silk on Firestick?

You know the one that blocks the play button.

Few points from me;

I Saw a photo on Instagram of Roy Makaay having a 1 to 1 with young Alegria, one for the future.

Gio’s young and old comment initially had me thinking youth but I wouldn't be surprised to see Defoe more involved.

Im glad the players look miserable and focused on the drills, its what they deserve.

I dont think Gio is gonna take any nonsense and I actually have a good feeling about his appointment.

Fast flowing, well disciplined and hard working team here we come….(I hope!!)

Back