John Fleck

My God and to think clubs are all over ECG and brain scans, fitness tests.
I hope with all the concussion/Alzheimer’s links that the bodies will look at stop flogging athletes bodies to the extremes for some dirty oil money or Communist Yuan

Horrendous to hear that.

Glad it seems he was able to get back to his feet and hopefully get the best care now.

Not great to hear.

Hopefully it is a full and speedy recovery for John.

Anybody see the incident? Was anyone else involved? BBC makes it sound less dramatic. Hopefully Fleck has no serious underlying problem.

It was John Fleck who went down and needed treatment for Sheffield United after what appeared to be an off-the-ball incident.

The good news is he's got back on his feet and does not require any of the stretchers that were out there on the pitch.

Applause from both sets of supporters as he gets up.

Last edited:
Hopefully it's nothing to do with his heart and nothing serious - I wish him speedy recovery!

My God and to think clubs are all over ECG and brain scans, fitness tests.
I hope with all the concussion/Alzheimer’s links that the bodies will look at stop flogging athletes bodies to the extremes for some dirty oil money or Communist Yuan
Thing is, players won't down tools. It can't bother them too much?

Best wishes to the boy.. awful thing to happen but a good positive that he managed to walk of the pitch.

Thing is, players won't down tools. It can't bother them too much?
We all work too hard though, the tennis players seem more together in reducing their schedule but you’re right the players will never take a stand as the clubs will reduce their salary by millions

Anybody see the incident? Was anyone else involved? BBC makes it sound less dramatic. Hopefully Fleck has no serious underlying problem.

It was John Fleck who went down and needed treatment for Sheffield United after what appeared to be an off-the-ball incident.

The good news is he's got back on his feet and does not require any of the stretchers that were out there on the pitch.

Applause from both sets of supporters as he gets up.
Literally nothing mate.

No player near him. Reading had the ball in their own half and the whistle just blew and the camera panned to the Sheff Utd half where Fleck is on ground shaking like he is fitting or having a seizure.

Back