Some good news at last. Sutton still banned from Ibrox.

dh1963

CHRIS SUTTON has been red-carded AGAIN from appearing at Ibrox for broadcaster BT Sport.

The Celtic icon was due to appear at the home of Rangers as part of Thursday’s Europa League action as the Scottish champions take on Sparta Prague.

But he’ll now take his seat at an EMPTY Celtic Park in the latest twist in an ongoing spat over the former Hoops star who is famed for his outspoken views on the game.

Rangers host Sparta in a 8pm kick-off but the TV crew will be based at Parkhead despite the Hoops playing away to Bayer Leverkusen in an earlier fixture.

The broadcaster would normally be in attendance at the live home game but BT bosses made a last-minute switch when Gers blackballed Sutton.

Last night a source said: “It’s going to look pretty strange when they’re analysing the game from an empty stadium.

“But Chris Sutton is a valued member of the BT Sport team so when Gers told them he wasn’t welcome they didn’t hesitate to change their plans.

“There was no way they would leave Chris.”

In September Gers chiefs informed BT of a decision to refuse entry to pundits Sutton and former Celtic boss Neil Lennon due to security concerns.

Last night a BT Sport spokeswoman said: “This Thursday BT Sport will present the live UEFA Europa League Celtic and Rangers matches back to back on BT Sport 3HD from an empty Celtic Park.

“We would have preferred to have kept our presentation team together at Ibrox but unfortunately this has not been made possible.”

Rangers have been contacted for comment.

too-bad-so-sad.gif

BT Sport again showing they are definitely pro Shellick

Sutton has used his position to noise up every Rangers manager since he got the BT role and at last the club have told BT the prick is no longer welcome due to his prolonged abuse

Glad I dumped BT Sport and told them Sutton was the reason I was leaving

Poor from a PR perspective, whatever we think of him.

100%, he clearly wasn't doing punditry on the Rangers game. Instead of BT showcasing a full Ibrox we will have our game covered from parkhead.

I dont think people realise that BT pays the club millions to cover these games, it's not like we are in a position to turn our nose up on that.

As usual far too many on here like to pretend Sutton doesn't matter then proceed to wet their pants when he says something. He's only relevant because folk on here rise to the bait.

100%, he clearly wasn't doing punditry on the Rangers game. Instead of BT showcasing a full Ibrox we will have our game covered from parkhead.

I dont think people realise that BT pays the club millions to cover these games, it's not like we are in a position to turn our nose up on that.

As usual far too many on here like to pretend Sutton doesn't matter then proceed to wet their pants when he says something. He's only relevant because folk on here rise to the bait.
Whit? Bt's decision to broadcast from the piggery does not effect any TV/ prize money we are due from Uefa.

Whit? Bt's decision to broadcast from the piggery does not effect any TV/ prize money we are due from Uefa.
The mentality of some on here is frightening.

No one would mind if Sutton was professional in what he does. He has constantly put the boot into Rangers, mocked and derided us at every opportunity. The attack on Caixinha after a match one time was disgraceful and we all remember the radio hijack of DJ.

He’s not the panto villain that he’s made out to be, he has shown contempt, hostility and hate towards us like no one ever has. I believe that this has encouraged the likes of Andy Wanker et al to become more emboldened in their hateful/spiteful comments.

Imagine we had an ex-player that behaved like him towards celtc, they would need armed guards.

Really gets my goat that we have to put up with the likes of Craigan and Sutton who spout nothing but negativity for 90 mins and then you get Fatson making them out to be Brasil when they play.

Would it kill them to have former Rangers players covering our matches - don’t worry, I know the answer to that one….

They also pay the rattlers additional millions outwith TV money to sponsor one of their stands but you want to jump in bed with them and pander to their needs.

The mentality of some on here is frightening.

No one would mind if Sutton was professional in what he does. He has constantly put the boot into Rangers, mocked and derided us at every opportunity. The attack on Caixinha after a match one time was disgraceful and we all remember the radio hijack of DJ.

He’s not the panto villain that he’s made out to be, he has shown contempt, hostility and hate towards us like no one ever has. I believe that this has encouraged the likes of Andy Wanker et al to become more emboldened in their hateful/spiteful comments.

Imagine we had an ex-player that behaved like him towards celtc, they would need armed guards.
And no doubt he will do it again on Thursday he's a plastic Roy Keane....thinks he's a smartarse

I know that but do you not think BT would prefer to be at Ibrox? Instead we p*ss off a broadcaster to the point that they make a decision that its not worth the hassle.

It's petty, all because Rangers can't deal with Chris f*cking Sutton. Guys an irrelevance yet instead of ignoring it, we make it a bigger issue than it needs to be.

The club should be bigger than this nonsense.

Good. Another offshoot of IRA sporting wing fc.

Keep Sutton as far away from our stadium as possible, and who gives a toss if he or his bosses don’t like it. You keep taking shite, you don’t get in and it’s as simple as that.

He will no doubt have some smart arse answer for it, but who cares? We don’t lose out on it, he does.

%^*& him.

Is this just a money saver from bt why can't they have a presenter and Sutton and Hartson live in Germany for the celtic game and a presenter and say Mccoist and Mcinnes at Ibrox for the Rangers game

I know that but do you not think BT would prefer to be at Ibrox? Instead we p*ss off a broadcaster to the point that they make a decision that its not worth the hassle.

It's petty, all because Rangers can't deal with Chris f*cking Sutton. Guys an irrelevance yet instead of ignoring it, we make it a bigger issue than it needs to be.

The club should be bigger than this nonsense.
Head in the sand then concrete poured over just to make sure.

But he’ll now take his seat at an EMPTY Celtic Park in the latest twist in an ongoing spat over the former Hoops star who is famed for his outspoken views on the game.
Sutton is far more infamous to the Rangers support for his racist outbursts against Alfredo, and deeply prejudiced assessments of Steven Gerrard's achievements. I take satisfaction from the fact he will never set foot in Ibrox again.

I am not really sure what to make of this one. Sutton makes enough noise against Rangers that they should the right to suggest he is not welcome at Ibrox. That shouldn't really be a problem as Rangers do have a point. The fact BT Sports are standing by him is a little strange as well - they have the staff to cover without Sutton.

People saying that Rangers should just let Sutton in rather than piss off BT Sports. Perhaps BT Sports should just drop Sutton for the occasional day.

Would BT allow any of their EPL pundits to sit there and constantly troll one team they hate like Sutton does ?

Would Ferdinand, McManaman, Hoddle be allowed to try humiliate an EPL manager on live TV the way Sutton did ?

Would Owen or Savage be allowed to openly mock an EPL team's managers the way Sutton has ?

Would Hargreaves or Scholes sit there and openly call an EPL player derogatory names ?

Why does Sutton suddenly stop the trolling when he's given an EPL game to cover ? Where's the snide digs ? The cheap shots ? The name calling ?

Why are Rangers happy to let Hartson, Strachan, Petrov and Mjallby in ?

The club haven't said they won't let BT in. They said they won't let him in.

I am not really sure what to make of this one. Sutton makes enough noise against Rangers that they should the right to suggest he is not welcome at Ibrox. That shouldn't really be a problem as Rangers do have a point. The fact BT Sports are standing by him is a little strange as well - they have the staff to cover without Sutton.

People saying that Rangers should just let Sutton in rather than piss off BT Sports. Perhaps BT Sports should just drop Sutton for the occasional day.
Best way to counteract this situation is to unsubscribe bt sports and let them know why... they have plenty of other pundits they could easily use...

CHRIS SUTTON has been red-carded AGAIN
The Celtic icon
But he’ll now take his seat at an EMPTY

Who wrote that? It's like something from YouTube. I'm almost expecting a "please like and subscribe to my channel by clicking here" comment at the bottom of that article. Maybe they should change the headline to
Rangers DESTROY Chris Sutton, as Ibrox club BAN him FOREVER.

Why are ex players like Sutton and Hartson and even Lennon selected for punditry at Rangers games in the first place? Just %^*& off
They weren't they would be chosen to cover the tims game and then they would 'rotate' and go with McInnes and McCoist for our game.

Sutton can be an a hole no doubt about that,that's his gig,he likes to be controversial as it keeps him in employment.He has a go at the mhanks occasionally as well.Personally I wouldn't ban him,I don't see where the benefit to us is by doing that.

Back