The Morelos Problem

HIHI

Drop him and no chance of a half- decent offer in January.
Keep him in team and play a man short based on his recent performances.
Hope GVB has the solution!
BTW this could also apply to a few of the other starters!

His passing yesterday was appalling. I’d drop him and let him force his way back into contention by showing the right attitude in training. It’s that simple. He’s not going to attract bids on his recent form and he will know that himself.

Hes done and we wont get anything big money wise for him. In fact i see things going very badly for Morelos now. he will throw a huff and play with the reserves until his contract is finished then he can go play in Finland or Colombia because no big club is going to buy him.

Same for Goldson.

People say that Gerrard was hardly at the training ground this season, spending a lot of time down in Liverpool instead. I think because of his absences some team lost discipline, when the cat's away the mice will play.

A disciplined manager like Klopp would never allow any of his players to be going out to nightclubs and regularly drinking during a season, it is not the kind of behavior that improves the physical condition of a professional athlete.

He needs the nasty streak back, that's the gamble but, he has to play on the edge, the way he used to for us might cost you with red cards now and again but make up for it in goals.

His passing yesterday was appalling. I’d drop him and let him force his way back into contention by showing the right attitude in training. It’s that simple. He’s not going to attract bids on his recent form and he will know that himself.
His passing is terrible because he not very good technically, his game is about being in the box over powering defenders.

Unfortunately people only believe what they want to believe.

Pena was a rolls Royce who was actually just to clever for his team mates…. Apparently.

He wasn’t out of shape and wasn’t a booze bag….. apparently.

Morelos wasn’t playing poorly last season…. He just wasn’t scoring goals because his game had changed (as if he went from playing centre forward to centre defence)

We don’t believe things because we don’t want them to be true. Quite often - there’s no smoke without fire though.

Some amount of guff posted on this thread. Morelos has always been a streaky player. Every single season he has went through a patch of not scoring goals and then he hits a hot streak and then cold again.

Think there was dissent in the dressing room regarding him being lazy at training and on the pitch.
Also that he was highest paid on the team!

We are at the stage now we need to hope we can get him relatively fit and punt him the next chance we get , I know he is usually a player who takes a while to “ get going “ but this season he has barely looked bothered and looks woefully unfit

Morelos needs to be played like he used to be. The whole dropping a bit deeper doesn't suit him.

Gvb needs to get him forward and greedy then we sell in January after he scored 10 goals in December :))
I think he was told to drop deeper as he was doing it a lot. If he was doing it on a whin Gerrard would have pulled him up about it

We seem to have knocked the aggression out of him and that’s what makes him play at his best. I’d settle for him getting a few bookings for leaving one on defenders again.

Back