Ibrox to Queen Street station.

Park at the albion car park instead of 20 mins away. After the game do a full circle journey on the subway. By that time the traffic will have died down and easier to get away in the car.
How much is the Albion these days. I use Springfield Quay with free parking. Get a kebab on the way back (or the way in) and no problems with traffic queues in or out. Straight through the Gorbals and onto the M74. Gives time to meet folk on the way in before the match too.

How much is the Albion these days. I use Springfield Quay with free parking. Get a kebab on the way back (or the way in) and no problems with traffic queues in or out. Straight through the Gorbals and onto the M74. Gives time to meet folk on the way in before the match too.
A tenner I think. Stick with the kebab and the walk.

Get a kebab both ways !

Jeezo.

Ok I'll indulge. So instead of getting on subway at Ibrox, getting off at Buchanan st for QST you advise to instead get off at Partick, walk u from subway level to Platform 1 for a train to QST low level where he would then have to walk up to the main concourse at QST, a walk which distance wise is negligible in comparison to the walk from Buchanan st subway, all the while factoring in a second transport service instead of 1, with a potential of that being delayed or cancelled.

Is this correct?

If so, yes it is the logic of a mentalist!

Jeezo.

Ok I'll indulge. So instead of getting on subway at Ibrox, getting off at Buchanan st for QST you advise to instead get off at Partick, walk up from subway level to Platform 1 for a train to QST low level where he would then have to walk up to the main concourse at QST, a walk which distance wise is negligible in comparison to the walk from Buchanan st subway, all the while factoring in a second transport service instead of 1, with a potential of that being delayed or cancelled.

Is this correct?

If so, yes it is the logic of a mentalist!

He's trying to get back to Queen St for 11.07pm. Can't be done with the queues on the subway unless you join the subway loyal. Exhibition Centre is the easiest and quickest route if you want to stay to the final whistle.

Mate, it really isn’t. You said you “occasionally make the 22:30 train to Edinburgh”. I go for the same train, I leave at FT, walk to Govan jump the subway, sometimes go into Pizza Crolla for a chippy and never miss the 22:30.

The train back leaves at 22:15 just now, if you’re lucky and don’t need to wait too long for a subway at Govan, you’ll catch it and be back in Edinburgh for 23:00.

Last edited:
My lad and I get that train after every mid-week game.

Have done so for years and never missed it.

We always stay until the end and clap the players off (really!). Then walk into town down Paisley Rd.

Generally have 10-15 minutes spare before the train.

Never been even close to missing it.
Pretty much Winter in Glasgow and folk are telling the poor fella to walk it.

Fcuk that.

Walk it after every midweek game - have done for years.

There’s plenty of folk who do.

40 mins brisk walk, it’s hardly an epic trek!

That's only slightly less crazy than getting off the subway at Partick to get a train.

As I said previously, get the subway to St Enoch and get a taxi to Queen Street from there. Alternatively walk to Govan and get the subway to Ibrox and have a pint in the Louden to let the crowd die down and take it from there.
At taxi from St Enochs to Queens street?

You’d need to be the laziest bastard in the world.:oops:

5min walk at most.

Plus the next stop is literally across the road?

It also goes to Partick.
Leave Ibrox 10.00pm
Go to Louden. Have a pint.
Leave Louden 22.25
Get subway (outer circle) to Partick. 6 minutes.
Change platform in Partick station.
Get 22.46 train to Queen Street. 7 mins
Arrive Queen Street low level at 22.53.
Easy peasy

That’s so cute that you believe trains actually run on time.

Meanwhile back in the real world…….

That's only slightly less crazy than getting off the subway at Partick to get a train.

As I said previously, get the subway to St Enoch and get a taxi to Queen Street from there. Alternatively walk to Govan and get the subway to Ibrox and have a pint in the Louden to let the crowd die down and take it from there.
I don’t get that. Go to Govan and then back to the Louden for a pint?

At taxi from St Enochs to Queens street?

You’d need to be the laziest bastard in the world.:oops:

5min walk at most.

Plus the next stop is literally across the road?
Why would anyone get a taxi from st Enoch to Queen Street when they can get off at Buchanan Street? Going by this thread we must have thousands of fans making the most extraordinary arse out of getting home from Ibrox.

Why would anyone get a taxi from st Enoch to Queen Street when they can get off at Buchanan Street? Going by this thread we must have thousands of fans making the most extraordinary arse out of getting home from Ibrox.
I've heard it all now - get off at Buchanan St instead of St Enoch when trying to get to Queen St?

Some folk are wasting plenty of time during their Ibrox commutes it would seem.

I've heard it all now - get off at Buchanan St instead of St Enoch when trying to get to Queen St?

Some folk are wasting plenty of time during their Ibrox commutes it would seem.
Which Queen Street are we talking about buddy?There’s an escalator just about puts you on the train.

He's trying to get back to Queen St for 11.07pm. Can't be done with the queues on the subway unless you join the subway loyal. Exhibition Centre is the easiest and quickest route if you want to stay to the final whistle.
That’s simply not true my dad without leaving early has never missed the OP’s train . It’s 11:09 btw. He used to walk to govan cross but after a hip replacement not possible but still never missed that train this season .

Last edited:
Get the subway to Partick. Train to Queen Street from Partick. Should take no more than 30 mins.

Walk to govan town hall
Get bus to renfrew
Get ferry to Yoker
Get taxi from yoker to partick
Get underground to bridge street
Walk North from bridge Street till you get to st enoch subway
Get underground from st enochs to Buchanan street
Face South
Moonwalk backwards to Queen St Train station

Just thousands of supporters after the match walking past each other thinking "bet you that guy isn't as smart as me" as they take 5 hours to get back to the Louden

Walk to govan town hall
Get bus to renfrew
Get ferry to Yoker
Face South
Only a Lunatic would follow that advice.

Clearly the best way to go is wait in the subway queue at Ibrox… it won’t be that bad
- Get off at Partick
- 77 to airport
- Flight to London
- Eurostar to Rotterdam
- Private jet from Rotterdam to Oban to avoid people on FF monitoring or advising on your journey. Especially when the advice is dodgy.
- From Oban, train direct to the upper level of Queen Street where its just a case of switching platforms. No faffing about with the underground walkway or that.

Walk to govan town hall
Get bus to renfrew
Get ferry to Yoker
Face South
Finally someone gives the correct advice, although make sure you get on the 23 bus OP, the 26 is a nightmare from Govan after a match

Only a Lunatic would follow that advice.

Clearly the best way to go is wait in the subway queue at Ibrox… it won’t be that bad
- Get off at Partick
- 77 to airport
- Flight to London
- Eurostar to Rotterdam
- Private jet from Rotterdam to Oban to avoid people on FF monitoring or advising on your journey. Especially when the advice is dodgy.
- From Oban, train direct to the upper level of Queen Street where its just a case of switching platforms. No faffing about with the underground walkway or that.
That wouldn't work Oban doesn't have an airport, he would have to fly into Connel airport then a taxi back into Oban.

We will be expecting an update from the OP at 2308,

Is he sitting comfortably on his seat on the 2309 or is he still standing freezing his bollox off on platform 1 at Partick waiting on the delayed 2246 wishing he'd went to St Enoch's and got a taxi ??

:)

Back