Juan Alegria

isn't he 19?
If he is good enough, then he should play.
If ...he is good enough.

We have certainly played younger.
Wasn't Ojo 19?
Wasn't Nathan 19??

So again if ...he is good enough, then why not?

isn't he 19?
If he is good enough, then he should play.
If ...he is good enough.

We have certainly played younger.
Wasn't Ojo 19?
Wasn't Nathan 19??

So again if ...he is good enough, then why not?
Ojo was 22.

The answer to your question is, he probably isn’t good enough....yet.

Hence him not playing, and maybe the fact he’s only played about 210 minutes of football since getting here.

Then hopefully one for the near future.
Maybe I am thinking of Ejaria?
The young kid from Liverpool, we had earlier.

Have you seen Alegria play??

Then hopefully one for the near future.
Maybe I am thinking of Ejaria?
The young kid from Liverpool, we had earlier.

Have you seen Alegria play??
Yeah, been to his two games at home (1 start, 1 sub) overall performance in the start was pretty poor but he had been injured before.

first of all alegria needs to be training with the first team squad (he may be) then be given a place on the bench against a bottom of the league side and when we are 2 or more goals ahead then put him on and tell him to prove himself as i think he has the makings of a good player!!!

If we don’t start bringing youth through then one wonders what the whole point of the youth structure at Rangers actually is?

The amount of expense, players, teams, coaches from 5 year olds up to 18 year olds and beyond, yet we can all probably count on one hand the amount of players that have broken through over the past 20 years or so

Be as well saving the money and using it to bring in transfers as that’s what we end up doing anyway

Morelos Roofe Hagi Sakala Wright Aribo Arfield Bacuna can all play as front 3 (but I'd be giving the boy a chance). He has to play 7 or 8 games for B team before he can be considered. I have a friend who deals with the B team, and Alegria is a very confident young man

I guess for me time will tell but I am of the belief that had Balogun not had 2 poor games at right back last season then we wouldn't have seen Patterson at all. The injury to Tav and Baloguns performances meant Patterson was forced on Gerrard and he had to use him. He did give McCorie and Middleton chances I do think he was harsh at times with Middleton when he took him out the team after playing well but the squad had upgraded after that first season. I do think he's ruined Middleton a wee bit but I think Middleton also has a part to play in that as well with some poor loan move choices.

I think for me the way he has treated Kelly this season for example is unfair. He done well in pre-season and looked deserving of a chance don't get me wrong I think the 5 sub rule disappearing has done Kelly any chance of game time this season. As soon as that rule was changed though Kelly should have either been loaned or sold with one of these buy back clause type of things that we've put into certain younger players deals previously. We can't keep treating younger players like that it and it will just make it harder to tie down promising younger players in the future.
Some good points.
Not sure on Patterson.
He is way above his age level, and for me the cream always rises to the top.
So I think he would have emerged.

I am wondering with Middleton, if there is a personality clash with Gerrard.
As you say, difference in opinion about loans, which Gerrard reiterated in public, so it must have irked him.
Middleton showed he did belong in the first team, as in Gerrard's first season he proved that.At home and in Europe.But suddenly he has a drop in form ...like every player has...and is then completely bombed out?
Why?
He was just as good as good as all these loanees from Liverpool in my opinion. Kent being the obvious exception.

As for Kelly, I thought he was the best and most exciting player we had in pre season.
So I totally agree about your summation, as he is now no longer getting anywhere near the first team.

So it will be the tried and trusted going forward.
And that will be on Gerrard, if it doesn't change.

Some good points.
Not sure on Patterson.
He is way above his age level, and for me the cream always rises to the top.
So I think he would have emerged.

I am wondering with Middleton, if there is a personality clash with Gerrard.
As you say, difference in opinion about loans, which Gerrard reiterated in public, so it must have irked him.
Middleton showed he did belong in the first team, as in Gerrard's first season he proved that.At home and in Europe.But suddenly he has a drop in form ...like every player has...and is then completely bombed out?
Why?
He was just as good as good as all these loanees from Liverpool in my opinion. Kent being the obvious exception.

As for Kelly, I thought he was the best and most exciting player we had in pre season.
So I totally agree about your summation, as he is now no longer getting anywhere near the first team.

So it will be the tried and trusted going forward.
And that will be on Gerrard, if it doesn't change.
I think Middleton ruined it when he moved to Hibs instead of going to Holland like Gerrard wanted him to do. You also have the whole position thing with him before he went to St Johnstone Gerrard wanted to convert him to a wing back yet he goes there plays upfront or on the right of there midfield 5. I do think there's potential there with Middleton as a centre forward he's a very good finisher but he's finished with us and with 2 years to go on his contract it's going to be hard to move him on permanently.

I would like to see Kelly given a chance but we all know it won't happen. With the B team boys it's hard to tell given the level of opposition they're playing against but someone like Lowry is what the first team is crying out for but that won't happen either.

Depending on the score, of course, he must be worth the last 20 minutes. The worst that can happen is he proves he’s not yet ready - a but like most of our recent signings.

We’re worried about every game because we have to win them. Would you take draws or losses as long as youth players are played?
Don’t want them now but we have them most weeks? So never play a youngster is the thought then? I’m afraid we can’t buy our way out of trouble.

Don’t want them now but we have them most weeks? So never play a youngster is the thought then? I’m afraid we can’t buy our way out of trouble.
Nobody has ever said don’t play a youngster ever. Bring them through when they’re ready and allow them to learn every aspect of being in and around the first team, while becoming a better and rounded player and person. Kind of like we’re doing and the way every manager will do it.

There is absolutely no reason why Kelly should not be given more of a chance than he has been. We are crying out for something fresh and different. The likes of Kelly and Patterson (and possibly Alegria but I don’t know enough about him) could certainly give us that.
The problem is the bench is smaller than last season. To maximise the 5 sub rule where we could bleed the likes of Patterson and Kelly in. Today would have been the perfect game to give Kelly a half hour. But still believe the plan is to have Kelly side by side with Davis in training day in day out to nurture him

Ojo was 22.

The answer to your question is, he probably isn’t good enough....yet.

Hence him not playing, and maybe the fact he’s only played about 210 minutes of football since getting here.
I think him and McCann will be the ones to advance to the first team potentially next season

Alegria and McCann won't be getting in the first team squad unless we have a major covid outbreak or we get a non league team in the scottish Cup.

We aren't leaving genuine first team members out the squad to accommodate a B team player, when we can't even get all the first team players into the match day squad as it is.

The lad actually reminds me a bit of McCoist, purely because of the positions he takes up. Playing with better players around him could him him step up. Hopefully a January debut beckons.

I noticed the boy was training with the first team in Gios first training session on RTV.

There was a video on Monday of the B team training and at the end they play one drill where 3 balls played into the box and he burys three in a row rapid style.

Looks physically ready, seems to have a lot of talent, I don’t think it’ll be too long before we see him

How many more headers are you expecting us to score from? Don't we score from an almost exorbitant number of headers? I can't recall a time supporting the club when we've scored more headers (I'm 35, so I'm post-Hately).

I feel like it's the one are of our game just now that's not went to pot, the issue for me is that the ability to score goals on the deck in and around the box has dried up, making us predictable.
I’m 35 as well and we’re absolutely shite in the air.

I noticed the boy was training with the first team in Gios first training session on RTV.

There was a video on Monday of the B team training and at the end they play one drill where 3 balls played into the box and he burys three in a row rapid style.

Looks physically ready, seems to have a lot of talent, I don’t think it’ll be too long before we see him
Definitely ready physically.

Technically needs some work, but there’s ability in there.

Him, McCann and KRH all trained with the first team this week as they are ineligible for the YCL, so don’t think they were called up or anything.

I actually think Weston is better than Alegria just now, but I think Alegria is very coachable so interesting to see how he develops.

He's been quite prominent in both first team videos this week.

Him, McCann and KRH all trained with the first team this week as they are ineligible for the YCL, so don’t think they were called up or anything.

I actually think Weston is better than Alegria just now, but I think Alegria is very coachable so interesting to see how he develops.
Weston’s scoring for fun at every level he’s asked to perform at and hasn’t got a sniff.

I appreciate what Gerrard did for us, but his attitude towards young players was very much set in the past. Balogun at RB 2/3 times before trusting Patterson was incredible for me, but hopefully Gio is more open towards the youth setup, otherwise what’s the point?

Didn’t know that, how come they’re ineligible?

Back