Arfield Jack Lundstram

Aribo Sakala Kent.

———————-

What I think it’ll be -

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Borna

Davis Kamara Bacuna

Aribo Sakala Kent.
Not always concrete but McGregor doing the presser suggests he'll play.

Would like to see Hagi.

Obviously there is a big message in the OP that the game isn't on Rangers TV.

But... when you go to to the website, it's got the games listed as though you would get it?

I'm guessing this is just a bit misleading, and you won't actually get to watch the game on Rangers TV?

Assuming Balogun is injured.
2 defensive mids will be required.
Likely a 4-2-3-1

I’d prefer (purely because not other CB options)

McLauchlin

Tav Goldson Bassey Borna

Jack Kamara

Aribo Hagi Kent

Sakala

I hope that we get the result, but going right back to Malmo as our first game back the team have left a lot to be desired in games at Ibrox (Old Firm aside).

Such a big game to see if players are going to buy into Gio straight away!

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic
Arfield
Jack
Kamara
Aribo
Kent
Sakala

McLaughlin, McCrorie, Patterson, McClelland, Davis, Lundstram, Kelly, Bacuna, Hagi, Wright, Morelos.

That's what I think it will be. Not the revolution wanted by the support but GvB won't immediately be ripping things up.

Haven’t been so excited for a game in a long while… actually even anticipating the announcement of the starting 11 feels very special

But... when you go to to the website, it's got the games listed as though you would get it?

I'm guessing this is just a bit misleading, and you won't actually get to watch the game on Rangers TV?

Very misleading the way it looks right now. I can only think it's to keep all the videos together, the game when it's available, the pre-match pressers, the post match interviews etc.

They may be able to broadcast live audio but not pictures.

Really expecting something fresh tomorrow...and a result to secure qualification. 3-1 Gers (Hagi, Tav, Sakala).

McGregor
Tav Patterson Balogun Goldson Barisic
Davis
Aribo Hagi Kent
Sakala

SUBS: Kamara/Jack/Morelos on for Davis/Kent/Sakala

Emphasis on possession and movement at the back.

Also think Hagi is a lock to start under GvB.

Playing it a little safe with a back 5 due to it being Europe and getting accustomed to the team.

Last edited:
Really expecting something fresh tomorrow...and a result to secure qualification. 3-1
Gers.

McGregor
Tav Patterson Balogun Goldson Barisic
Davis
Aribo Hagi Kent
Defoe

SUBS: Kamara/Jack on for Davis/Kent and Sakala for Defoe

Emphasis on possession and movement at the back.

Think he will go with Defoe out of familiarity and to send a message of what acting like a pro earns you. Also think Hagi is a lock to start under GvB.

Playing it a little safe with a back 5 due to it being Europe and getting accustomed to the team.

Defoe isn’t in the Euro squad

????
Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey
Jack Lundstram
Wright Aribo Kent
Sakala

A lot of pace, a lot of energy. Expecting a big reaction tonight - 3-0.

Very misleading the way it looks right now. I can only think it's to keep all the videos together, the game when it's available, the pre-match pressers, the post match interviews etc.

They may be able to broadcast live audio but not pictures.
They do that for all games, even the ones they don’t have the rights to broadcast live. You still get the pre- and post-match stuff linked in there.

The game is not available for live viewing on RangersTV either in the UK or overseas.

Only just seen that second place teams in the Europa League groups play a “playoff” against third placed Chanpions League teams?

Has it always been like that? Or because we topped the group last year I never noticed?

I'm on the fence about whether we will see a reaction tonight which is ridiculous for a team that coasted this league last year. Do the basics first then try and impose ourselves go in 1-0 at HT then an 87th minute 2nd goal to secure qualification (hopefully)

Only just seen that second place teams in the Europa League groups play a “playoff” against third placed Chanpions League teams?

Has it always been like that? Or because we topped the group last year I never noticed?
New format this year where the team who wins the group goes straight into the R16 and the team who finishes second enters the round of 32 to play against the teams dropping out from CL.

I’m torn between hope and expectation. Hope that they players have listened and bought into the future and put in a performance to show the manager they are on board. And expectation that our application is lacking and our defence is poor.
Hope!

Sparta have lost 11 goals in their last 4 games, 9 goals in their last 3. We can absolutely score against that defence and I think we will see a much better Rangers tonight than we have seen recently.

Still not confident we will keep a clean sheet, especially if it’s Bassey at CB (love the big man but he doesn’t look confident at CB).

So with those two points I’m going 3-1 Rangers.

Everyone going to the match tonight. Booo every touch sparta get. If we keep it up, it will hopfully get on there backs and force errors.

Line up will be very interesting, does he make a number of significant changes or back himself to get a reaction out of the underperforming players.

I would definitely drop Morelos, at least Sakala will give everything. Also a big call with Tav, he undoubtedly is one of our best players going forward but the amount of goals we lose that he is at fault with is too high. We need to stabilise the defence

Looking at the betting on 365 and hills Lyon are evens and 23/20 respectively, they seem very good odds even for Lyon playing away,tempting to say the least!or do the bookies know something?

Looking at the betting on 365 and hills Lyon are evens and 23/20 respectively, they seem very good odds even for Lyon playing away,tempting to say the least!or do the bookies know something?
They’ve already won the group, so might play weakened sides etc.

Excited about the game tonight with the new management in charge hoping for a big improvement from our last game although I know it can take a while for new management to implement new changes. A win tonight would be a fantastic start

I don’t expect miracles tonight and it would take a miracle for Gio to turn around the team’s mental state at the moment. I expect a draw. I’d like Gio to strengthen the defence by having Jack as sweeper at the back in front of a 3 man central defence. Possibly Bassey, Balogun & Goldson. Wing-backs Tav and on the left, Patterson. Midfield I’d go for Aribo as the 8 and Bacuna as the 10. The one dilemma is that this kind of set-up needs a driving force in midfield and we don’t really have that type of player. Sure, Davis is the nearest we have, but he was posted missing on Sunday against Hibs. For tonight, we would have to hope he has a good game. Up front, I would play Kent on his own, supported by Bacuna & Aribo. It would be different and worth a try. If it doesn’t work, revert to a 4-3-3 at half time.

Will be in attendance with my orange bucket hat in tow :))

3-1 Rangers

Would like to see 3-4 changes to Sundays team.

I don’t know if there will be massive team changes so let’s not all lose the head if regulars are picked. I feel when he said there will be changes, we will definitely see changes in shape, in how we defend, the role of some players etc. But I’m not expecting a massively changed team. Maybe 2 or 3. Until he’s had more time to implement things and suss out players.

Looking forward to this to see how we play and how we line up.

I get the feeling Gio won’t be afraid to drop the favourites should they underperform.

Hopefully the new manager coupled with the absolute embarrassment of Sunday will spur us on to better and more convincing performances.

Back