Dave Vos new assistant manager

Absolutely buzzing about this…. A real coup for us.

I mentioned on here a few times that my lad is in the Ajax academy here and so I often get chance to see their u16s and 18s train too and the amount of talent is unreal (no surprises there), the training sessions I watch are of an incredible standard.

Had a few chats with him as well, always spotted my Rangers gear whenever I had it on and knew a lot about the league etc and mentioned how he wanted to go to Old firm one day after hearing so much about it. Absolutely lives and breathes football.

This guy is regarded as one of the best coaches in the entire Dutch system … what a signing.

I mentioned on here a few times that my lad is in the Ajax academy here and so I often get chance to see their u16s and 18s train too and the amount of talent is unreal (no surprises there), the training sessions I watch are of an incredible standard.

Had a few chats with him as well, always spotted my Rangers gear whenever I had it on and knew a lot about the league etc and mentioned how he wanted to go to Old firm one day after hearing so much about it. Absolutely lives and breathes football.

This guy is regarded as one of the best coaches in the entire Dutch system … what a signing.
Wow, what a post, I hope you've got a special Rangers-only release clause for £0 in your boy's contract!

This could be good news. I watched Ajax last night and their style of play is light years above ours. Their model is the sustainable way forward for Rangers too.

This is a terrific appointment imv.

We have to start using our own young players in the 1st team asap. That would allow us to focus what transfer funds we do have on specific areas of the team. We cannot be going through summer after summer of buying / signing up 3 or 4 project players as back ups to then punt them out on loan 12 months later when we no longer fancy them.

If we can sell a first team player for decent money and replace them with one of our own then we really have hit the jackpot.

Good luck to your son! Great academy to be in.

Cant be anything other than excited at the team of backroom staff GVB and Ross wilson are building here. Hats off to them both!

Cant say I knew much about him but reading through his career. You dont get to be a major part of Ajax youth for that long without having alot about you. Exciting times.

Lets blow these Racist bastards out the water tonight and get the new era off to the best possible start.

Three starters for Ajax last night came through the Ajax youth ranks that Vos was involved in developing. Five on the bench.

8 in all under the watch of Vos - 6 featured last night for a team that are miles ahead in 1st place of their CL group.

That’s a mental stat.
And absolutely the route we are finally going down by the looks of it.. long overdue but very promising, the perfect operating model which could prove financially beneficial

For him to leave Ajax he must surely have been offered a more senior role. Either a number 3 Beale replacement or maybe he is the assistant. If he is good with the players and a top quality coach then he would be ideal for that role while still providing valuable input into the youth and development system

Last edited:
I think Murty was kept on the payroll as Dave King liked him, similar to Chris Graham and Craig Houston in that regard, now Kings men are being cleared out.

Will never forget the 'man of the year' comment at the AGM haha ludicrous stuff that was.

Seems as though we are getting a vastly more experienced coaching line up than what we had, whether that translates to results we shall find out.

Hopefully this team will have more than one way of playing within the system, which the last team did not. Many a time we resorted to asking players to fulfill a role within the system that was alien to them. A prime example is asking Itten, or even Roofe, to fill the role Morelos does when he was out of form, yet neither are that type of player.

I get your point but that is where Ross Wilson comes in.

The alternative, having a legacy of people like John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan being foisted upon a new manager? Not for me.
Spot on and it would only go stale with the players after a while too.

Imagine getting a new manager but the staff and training mostly stays the same ?

I don't know why this is a thing and especially as you say about Kennedy etc and how that has went.

An excellent youth coach by all accounts.
It’s something I think Gerrard’s tenure didn’t focus enough on.

Good luck to your son! Great academy to be in.

Thanks… appreciate that…the competition is high but the pathway is clear and if he is good enough he will get the opportunity.

It’s an outstanding academy, with a massive focus not only on development of football skills but also on importance of nutrition, diet, lifestyle, education.

He is only 10 but already reads back of food labels to understand what he is eating lol.

I think Murty was kept on the payroll as Dave King liked him, similar to Chris Graham and Craig Houston in that regard, now Kings men are being cleared out.

Will never forget the 'man of the year' comment at the AGM haha ludicrous stuff that was.
Murty was a decent youth coach who was handed a poisoned chalice.

It was fair to let him continue to do youth coaching. It seems like his career is transitioning to a different role now though.

My son doesn't play for Ajax yet...

Can we be pals?

In all seriousness though...can we ?

What’s that article about?

“Which was then still called Glasgow Rangers”
Seems to me someone putting their own spin on things by including that, like the sun they have picked up this story from de telegraph in Holland and looking at that says nothing about then and now

Really exciting appointment. Great experience, hopefully he can bring a thing or two in to our clubs youth programme

For him to leave Ajax he must surely have been offered a more senior role. Either a number 3 Beale replacement or maybe his is the assistant. If he is good with the players and a top quality coach then he would be ideal for that role while still providing valuable input into the youth and development system
It's a win-win-win and no Wim's about it! :p

That’s a hell of an opportunity for your son. All the best to him.

This, and all the recent confirmed appointments by the Club haven't half lifted my mood since SG and Sunday.
Nice win by two or more tonight please Rangers.

All in for this appointment. Sounds like an exciting backroom staff being built. All credit to GVB if he has suggested the names and credit to the board for getting it sorted out.

As an aside, it definitely looks like he's coming as an assistant and it will be Zeb Jacobs (coach from Antwerp) as Murty's successor?

Thanks… appreciate that…the competition is high but the pathway is clear and if he is good enough he will get the opportunity.

It’s an outstanding academy, with a massive focus not only on development of football skills but also on importance of nutrition, diet, lifestyle, education.

He is only 10 but already reads back of food labels to understand what he is eating lol.
That’s fascinating to hear. I think that’s where Scottish academies and young players tend to struggle. He’s in the best place so I hope he enjoys himself and keeps improving!

On paper this looks to be an outstanding bit of business for the club. Time will tell.

Amazing opportunity. Well done on looking outside the box and doing something different. Best of luck to Team Albert.

Sounds a great addition. Assuming he will be first team coach or assistant manager. Cant see it being a replacement for Murty, that would be a step down for him so it's obviously a promotion to 1st team.

Why would he be murty replacement ? In what world do you leave ajax youth one of the best in the world to join rangers youth not even the best in Scotland? Very good appointment for assistant manager imo

Please fill us in on who has the better youth in Scotland then.

Back