View of Ibrox from the Louden (80's)

I loved that walk up. We would go into the Stadium and usually get a served some pints, or get a few cans for the car park.
At about 2:30 it was time to head up Copland Rd then veer to the right at the Rangers Shop, past the folk selling the fanzines & Robert McIllroy with the Historian (bought every new edition of them all) up past the muddy hill, our mate who sat in the Govan went his way and we went ours to the Enclosure.

Very happy memories of that time.

In fact, this got me thinking about some of the fanzine sellers…
- Used to see GS out side the Stadium and the bookies next to it I’m sure;
- There were always a few fine looking girls at Mafeking St;
- early 90s there was a guy with the hair like Shaun Ryder out of Happy Mondays, he stood close to us in the East Enclosure during the game
- Aye Ready guy with the , “halftime, teatime, anytime” line that he shouted.
- Robert McIllroy booming out, “Rangers Historian” in an unmistakable style.
Yea, there used to a blonde girl who sold them on the road up to the corner there. I think I was in love with her :D

RoKWxmg.jpeg
slwdPcD.jpeg

I've never seen this pic before, I love how you can see right through to the Bromloan/ Edminston Dr.

(Credit to The Glasgow Rangers Story Facbook group)

The old Rangers Shop takes me back. The same shop frontage as the one in St Vincent Street too, next to Moss Bros. Spent many a lunchtime looking through the glass cabinet in there when i first started working.
Great Pic OP. Thanks for sharing

I've never seen this pic before, I love how you can see right through to the Bromloan/ Edminston Dr.

(Credit to The Glasgow Rangers Story Facbook group)

Great memories seeing that!
Although it was only good seeing the Broomloan when the tinks were not in it:cool:

There was also a Rangers Shop next to the entrance to the Edimiston Club. I got my Rangers shin guards in there. I also remember getting the training top in early 89, the one with the masive stitched RFC. Good times.

Remember the auld geezer that used to play the accordion just round the corner? Probably long gone now
Great picture! Him and the old boy who would flash you with his open Mac,selling his party tune tapes "Here lies a soilder" always someone would shout well pick him up! Haha Good days indeed.

Car regy i think is 88,
This registration was first registered during the period August 1988 to July 1989.

The registration was first registered in Glasgow.

If you are using this plate as a private registration, you can only assign it to a vehicle with an F registration or newer, one that was originally registered after the 1st of August 1988.

Lifted off reg archive.

Used to get my FF on that corner - every issue. And in later years The Rangers Historian.
Also available to purchase were editions of the national front and combat 19 and further on some communist red militant shecht that I didn't buy. A wee holler of hats, scarves patches and badges...the street vendors are too shy nowadays.

Also available to purchase were editions of the national front and combat 19 and further on some communist red militant shecht that I didn't buy. A wee holler of hats, scarves patches and badges...the street vendors are too shy nowadays.
As well as combat you could get magazine “ spearhead “ . You had to ask personally for you it and the guy went into his bag for it . We used to call the Copland corner BNP corner lol:shh:B-)B-)B-D;););)

Was there a shop even before that one just round the corner towards the Copland?
There was one in the old Edmiston House

Copland Road one in the short clip open in 1981? and remained opened until 6 months after the Superstore opened in the summer of 1996

There was one in the old Edmiston House

Copland Road one in the short clip open in 1981? and remained opened until 6 months after the Superstore opened in the summer of 1996
Maybe it is the Copland Road one i am thinking of but i seem to remember it closer to the ground and the stuff laid out on trestle tables in what was like someones living room.

Rangers shops in the early 90s were (I think):

Copland Road
Edmiston House
St Vincent St
Dumbarton Road

Maybe it is the Copland Road one i am thinking of but i seem to remember it closer to the ground and the stuff laid out on trestle tables in what was like someones living room.
I only remember the Copland Road layout as in the short clip

Back