Borna Barisic

could start a thread on most players application tonight but i thought the big man has his best game this season. looked to get n the overlap as much as possible but thought defensively he was really good tonight

Really?

I thought he was terrible in the first half and slightly better in the second. Tav on the other side was also poor.

He was getting absolutely roasted off that sub that came on. Before that thought in a team worthy of real praise he didn't stand out either way.

Reactions: fmp
This was the first game in a while where he was stopping most balls from being crossed in.

Better but hadn’t exactly set the bar very high, still looks too slow for me and always has me holding my breath when the ball gets played inside him

Was good but struggled against Karlsson when he came on.

Bassey though looked an absolute unit and covered almost every blade of grass.

Better than he has been for a while but still miles from the player he is at his best. Got caught out a couple of times and Bassey covered him well. Still a bit to go but looked better.

Got to disagree to an extent.

I mean he looked hungry & did fling himself into challenges but he was targeted as a weakness. That ball was constantly going over him out wide & far too often he allowed crosses into the box. Felt he struggled in all honesty

Got to disagree to an extent.

I mean he looked hungry & did fling himself into challenges but he was targeted as a weakness. That ball was constantly going over him out wide & far too often he allowed crosses into the box. Felt he struggled in all honesty

dont particualry agree that was a targeted weakness. do you not maybe think they identified Bassey as the weakness given how bad he played in Prague?

Application and effort was there from him but he just doesn't look the player he was for us. Wether he's Gona get back to those levels under Gio we shall see, but I think Bassey plays before him when we have a settled back line

could start a thread on most players application tonight but i thought the big man has his best game this season. looked to get n the overlap as much as possible but thought defensively he was really good tonight
I thought he was a weakness. Yes he had a couple of overlaps. However, he was never near his man defensively...pish really imo

Bassey played brilliant tonight but i’d prefer him at left back. Barasic has lost a yard of pace we need Helander or Balogun back fit.

Once Helander or Balogun are fit I want to see Bassey LB

I think he is really going to kick on under Gio. Was excellent tonight

I thought he looked comfortable in defence and hungry going forward. I think Karlsson had the beating of him too often when he came on 2nd half.

Application and effort was there from him but he just doesn't look the player he was for us. Wether he's Gona get back to those levels under Gio we shall see, but I think Bassey plays before him when we have a settled back line
I think Borna just needs games and a bit of confidence.

Was clearly more energetic and offensive people not recognising this need glasses.

I honestly think that some Rangers fans are just incapable of being positive.

Borna had a solid game, he wasn't 'slow, terrible, or a shadow of his former self', some of the descriptions above.

We're buying players for 2 - 3M, he's a quality Croatian internationalist and he showed why tonight.

Thought he was much better today and getting back to his previous standards.

Back