Police presence for 50 fans

Police Scotland hierarchy aren't fit for purpose..
Of course if there were more away fans or they'd had free reign and start causing trouble and assaulting our fans, it'd be exactly the same line but for the exact opposite reason.

Took 6 of them to shift 1 Sparta fan on the 80th minute mark - didn’t look like he was up for exiting quietly…

The amount of police trying poorly to enforce vaccination passports/ pyro/bottles/ anything else they could think of was a fucking joke. Felt like a shakedown of Ibrox on behalf of the SNP tonight.

The amount of police trying poorly to enforce vaccination passports/ pyro/bottles/ anything else they could think of was a fucking joke. Felt like a shakedown of Ibrox on behalf of the SNP tonight.
The ratio of Police to Stewards would have been agreed with Rangers in advance and we would have to foot the bill.

The expectation was that Sparta would have brought a lot more fans and therefore thats why the amount of police looked high compared to the paltry 50 supporters. They may have in fact brought no cxnt from Prague over and the fans who did turn up might be from the Czech community in London and South East.

The ratio of Police to Stewards would have been agreed with Rangers in advance and we would have to foot the bill.

The expectation was that Sparta would have brought a lot more fans and therefore thats why the amount of police looked high compared to the paltry 50 supporters. They may have in fact brought no cxnt from Prague over and the fans who did turn up might be from the Czech community in London and South East.
I’m sure they know how many tkts get sold.

Think we only pay for police inside the ground.

Did Sparta have their own fan rep's in with the support? They were all wearing lanyards with ID photo's, the same jackets and were dotted about between our fans and theirs. They were also trying to keep the peace during the arrest on the 80th minute.

Did Sparta have their own fan rep's in with the support? They were all wearing lanyards with ID photo's, the same jackets and were dotted about between our fans and theirs. They were also trying to keep the peace during the arrest on the 80th minute.
Seen one lad trying to keep that idiot calm.

Didn’t work in the end haha

The police must’ve expected something worse last night.

Everyone was getting searched by police going into Govan Rear and have never had that before , maybe a steward the odd time or not but never the police

I was told last night that they were supposed to have 2000 at the game but because most of them were not double jabbed they were unable to travel.

I was told last night that they were supposed to have 2000 at the game but because most of them were not double jabbed they were unable to travel.
I was going to say the same, i was expecting to see their section full but assumed all the covid hassle in Europe just now probably stopped a lot from travelling.

I was going to say the same, i was expecting to see their section full but assumed all the covid hassle in Europe just now probably stopped a lot from travelling.
I heard it said that those who were there last night were from the Czech community from London.

What a waste of money. Unbelievable.

I'd far rather that than what we suffered in Brondy when a team of their Ultras stormed in to us causing havoc and the police didn't bother to show up for a good ten minutes.

Nice to see the Sparta fans taking a 2nd prize like their team on the pitch.

Overtime. Christmas coming up and all that.

The club should be challenging this as we will be paying for the ‘privilege.’
Police officers don't get paid for the football. They'll likely get a day back further down the line for working a day off.

The guy in the bucket hat getting kicked out was hilarious. The poor guy had been getting dogs abuse all night

Was told the heavy police presence was to do with Sparta raising concerns with the Czech embassy that they had received credible threats online with regards to the travelling supports safety.

They had requested extra extraordinary security precautions from police Scotland.

Full of shite in my opinion, probably just wanted us to fork out more money for policing.

Was told the heavy police presence was to do with Sparta raising concerns with the Czech embassy that they had received credible threats online with regards to the travelling supports safety.

They had requested extra extraordinary security precautions from police Scotland.

Full of shite in my opinion, probably just wanted us to fork out more money for policing.
From speaking to people in the job the police operation was scaled back significantly once they realised the numbers that were travelling over.

Back