Dave Vos Confirmed - Welcome to Rangers

Welcome to Rangers, Dave.

For Ross Wilson to be able to get someone of the standing of Vos into the club is on paper an incredible piece of business.

When you think of teams who have a successful youth set up, the first team that comes to mind is Ajax.

Welcome to Rangers, Dave.

For Ross Wilson to be able to get someone of the standing of Vos into the club is on paper an incredible piece of business.

When you think of teams who have a successful youth set up, the first team that comes to mind is Ajax.
Gotta give credit where credits due here for sure

It's not often these days we can go and steal talent from Ajax. Wilson pulled a blinder here.

It will be interesting to see what role he takes up. The Dutch reports are not exactly specific. I reckon first-team coach as "replacement" for Beale.

This is purely a guess but here goes -
Arno Philips replaces Jordan Milsom
Roy Makaay replaces Tom Culshaw,
Dave Vos replaces Michael Beale
TBA replaces Gary Mac. Maybe Van Gastel?

I still think regardless of what’s been said we will bring in someone Scottish, possibly McCann.

Wilson did say on Monday that it’s something that could happen.

Michael Beale appeared to be the one doing Gary Macs job anyway. I can’t recall him ever talking to Gerrard on the touchline etc it was always Beale

Yeah, looks about right.

I think the Chinese season finishes in Jan so he may join then?

Think the Belgian guy is rumoured to be joining then aswell (to replace Murty).

Another great addition- whatever role he's given

Considering we had such a mass exodus of backroom staff barely a couple of weeks ago - this addition gets Gio the support he needs short term

We can add / tweek others in the fullness of time & as necessary IMO

Culshaw was defence and dead ball coach supposedly

Makaay is doing forwards and general coaching which was part of Beale remit .

I wonder if Vos can do the techie stuff and maybe give special attention to getting young players into the first team squad

Maybe DV is already here and we will get the presser and detail later today

Murty was doing nothing really for the last 18 months other than sitting behind a desk.

It was a job in name only. He wasn’t coaching
What's the chat about this? I keep seeing folk saying he was away for COVID, then others saying he was essentially biding time. Was it fall out from the interim manager thing or some wider fallout or performance issue?

I hope his typical Dutch attitude means he looks at the kids, and develops them a programme to follow in his lunch break.
This guy also has access to potential stars from Ajax too. Like Beale helped persuade Kent to come up in the first place, maybe Dave can bring the new Kluiverts or Seedorf in?
The future is bright…..

Article on Ajax website starts with the following:

Dave Vos, the trainer of Ajax U18s, is leaving for the Scottish Rangers FC. There he becomes the assistant to the new coach Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

Pretty clear to me.
Not really if you've ever watched The Office

Gareth always saying he's the "Assistant Manager" to which David Brent always responds "Assistant TO the Manager"

Back