Have you ever been to a game involving them not against us?

Pvt. Hudson

I can honestly say I’ve been to two.

First was around the late 80s when they played Dumbarton (my local team) at Boghead in either the Scottish or league cup. My Dad worked for Allied Distillers who were one of Dumbarton’s sponsors at the time. I remember being in the hospitality room at HT with my Dad and all they ugly Celtic goons with their horrid green jackets hovering about.

The other was when we used to have a caravan at St. Andrews and my Dad used to deal with Stewarts Cream of the Barley based in Dundee. He used to get hospitality for Dundee Utd and we went along quite a lot and once it was against the filth which they won. Saw Rangers when we won 2-0, Durie after about 10seconds and a McLaren long ranged freekick. McCoist and Hateley were both injured and in the next booth from us. I got a photo with Super which my Dad still has somewhere.

Yes, when I was younger I had the opportunity to go to hospitality.
The league was over and we were champions and it was a nice offer so I accepted.

Everything was perfectly pleasant until it came up in conversation that I was a bear.
Half the table carried on as normal, I assume they were regular functioning human beings but another 4 or 5 were demonstrably unhappy and then quite hostile afterwards.

I was 14/15 ffs.
Mutants.

My mum's brothers are all thistle fans, one of them couldn't attend so I went to a game v the mhanks a few years back when we were in the lower divisions. think the mhanks won 2-0 but thistle gave them a decent game until they conceded the first goal.

Yes at Pittodrie around 2009. Got a free ticket as my mate worked in the ticket office, went with 2 other bears. Turned out to be a good day as the sheep came back from 4-2 down to draw 4-4.

Last edited:
I can honestly say I’ve been to two.

First was around the late 80s when they played Dumbarton (my local team) at Boghead in either the Scottish or league cup. My Dad worked for Allied Distillers who were one of Dumbarton’s sponsors at the time. I remember being in the hospitality room at HT with my Dad and all they ugly Celtic goons with their horrid green jackets hovering about.

The other was when we used to have a caravan at St. Andrews and my Dad used to deal with Stewarts Cream of the Barley based in Dundee. He used to get hospitality for Dundee Utd and we went along quite a lot and once it was against the filth which they won. Saw Rangers when we won 2-0, Durie after about 10seconds and a McLaren long ranged freekick. McCoist and Hateley were both injured and in the next booth from us. I got a photo with Super which my Dad still has somewhere.
NFC

I was at the Dumbarton v Celtic game (my hometown also) in 1984 when I was 15.
Finished 1-1.
My older sister was selling programmes and a scumbag Celtic fan took them all off her, and a decent (unbelievably) Celtic fan apologised to my (by now crying) sister and gave her a good few quid to cover the programmes she had had stolen.
Hated them then, hate them now.

Went see them play Accies (my local team) in the late 60’s.
Left in the first half as I couldn’t stand being in amongst the
scum. :mad:

Nope.

I have been to a Partick Thistle v Stranraer game though. My mate played for Stranraer at the time so we got freebies. Only thing was, Derek Ferguson played for Thistle at the time and, about 20 minutes in and my mate and DF went in for a 50/50 with each other and my mate had to go off. After that, we were stuck at a fucking Partick Thistle v Stranraer game :D:D:D:D:D:D

Also used to go and see Colchester United play every other weekend when I lived in London and went through to Colchester every second weekend. Ibrox one weekend, Layer Rod the next.

Vs Sunderland as a pre season game the year Sunderland won the FA cup

1st impression was gosh! Rag tag tramps, seriously. I know we take the piss about that but then it was true.

2nd impression was the grief Dalgliesh was getting. Couldn’t believe it.
Actually raised it with him when I met him early 2000’s in the Malmaison before a Newcastle game he was co coms on.
Tried to deny it but his wife, the lovely Marina hinted otherwise.

Yes, in my youth, I used to sell pies/crisps etc at Brockville in the 80s to make some pocket money.

One of them got a bag of crisps and wouldnt pay - fecking hated every single one of them since.

Dirty mhanky barstewards - that was a life defining moment

A few games they've played against israeli teams in Europe. Have sat in main stand for one and a really unpleasant experience. Wouldn't do again in a hurry at all.

Thistle v them a few times in the 70s. Rangers often away to Aberdeen and my dad hated going up to them.
1976 league cup final Aberdeen. 2-1 Aberdeen in extra time.
Liverpool my 2nd team as a kid , McNeil testimonial in the seventies.

My cousin when he played for Hearts against Celtic.

And when Juventus beat them in 2013 my mate who’s a Juve fan sorted me a ticket for Juve end.

Been to 3 Scottish Cup finals they were in.
1970 when Sheep won 3-1, I was in their end. My dad's pal took us and he wouldn't pay the extra 1/-, or whatever it was, for our end which was covered. Pay at the gate. He was a Sheep fan. He had to tell me to cool it, as it was obvious where my loyalties were.

No. Only domestic game I’ve ever been to in Scotland outwith us was Motherwell v Dundee Utd (McLean brother Derby) as a
Kid with the boys club I played for.

My dad supports us which is where I get it from, but bizzarely he supports his hometown club too (kilmarnock)

He took me to killie vs them when I was a kid in a cup game at hampden in the winter of 2000. He got flung out for drinking vodka from a vimto bottle too. Worst experience ever.

One. Went with my mate to a game V Killie at the giro dome. It was one each deep into injury time then they scored a bungled in winner with the last knee of the ball. I was gutit!

I was at a St Mirren game v them once. They won 4-0 or something. Hooper scored I'm sure. I gave them a right good booing that day!!

Also sat in the Motherwell end at fir park v them once when Ian Wright was on their books. Motherwell won I'm sure. Maybe 4-2.

No. I can't even watch them on TV unless it's against us, save for some of their thrashings in Europe (which have thankfully been pretty common over the last few years!). The very sight of that top makes me puke and it's best avoided.

Hearts at the piggery in the 80s as a teenager.
My mate called John Robertson a wee fat bastard when he fucked up. And was rounded on by the Hearts fans.

As I backed away saying who is that c-unt. :shh:

Hospitality at Hamilton in 2016. It ended 1-1 with a late equaliser for Hamilton.

I was in the tunnel during the warm up and saw Ronny Deila giving Ambrose a pep talk to try and stop him being shite. He wasn't even in the squad.

Years ago I stayed in Edinburgh and a couple of pals had season tickets for hearts. There was loads of their pals with tickets cos they all pretended to be students and got the tickets on cheap. So quite often there was a load of spares and I'd go along, it was a five minute walk from my flat. I managed to behave myself during a draw with us but got banned by the boys for excessive celebrations when hearts scored against celtic a few weeks later.

Back