Controversial Rangers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLG was, at the time, a truly superb piece of business by the club. This was even more so after the McLeish era when the club needed a fresh impetus and new ideas.

Sadly, while he was decent in Europe and brought a couple of decent players in, he flopped when he really should have ripped it up here. Him leaving was a blessing in disguise for us in the fact that Walter came back to get us out the doldrums.

I don’t think PLG got the time he deserved, nor the respect either.

I agree but also with a little bit of hindsight I'm glad we didn't. I never want anyone commentating on our games and making noises like he does.
If he had played for us, been associated with us, he wouldn't be the @rsehole he is today. Swimming in the poison at the cesspit tends to leave its mark on you, no matter how clean you might have been beforehand.

Gerrard was lucky that COVID stopped the 19/20 season as we had completely collapsed after the break and no Rangers manager would normally survive such a monumental collapse and 2 seasons with no trophies

I'd certainly agree with this.

The pandemic and Celtic being given the title emboldened the club and management - I'm sure the idea of it being a tainted title helped motivate us this year, even if we had absolutely no chance of winning it that season.

James Tavernier has taken more abuse from Rangers fans than any other player I can remember. He is not without fault, but the fact that he is still here, still more often than not contributing, always available when he could have easily chased a move back down south should tell us everything about the man's character.

He’s the most overrated and overhyped servant to this club by a country mile, he didn’t stay for the fight or make one difference to where we were going, how we got there or the time it took, he was crap
I was going to post similar, but in a perhaps more diplomatic fashion. He certainly never made any huge sacrifices, unless you argue turning down Lower League Ipswich is a huge sacrifice.

Tavernier is the most overrated player we have ever had and we will end losing a right back potentially miles better than him because of it.

Good SPL strikers like Billy Dodds, Novo, Boyd etc should always be signed as could score 20-30 goals for us and a fraction of big foreign signings (probably more late 90s, early 00s era). Though likes of Louis Moult etc would have been miles better than Herrera etc.

Why did he want to resign?
Just realised it wasn’t going to work out and that Scottish football wasn’t something he was going to be able to accustom too.

The Ferguson situation was essentially the football equivalent of committing suicide by cop, he wanted out.

Whittaker’s goal in Lisbon is quite overrated and more about the Lisbon players being dead on their feet than anything else.

Always thought the first goal was better, the cushioned header by Darcheville to Davis, the perfect pass from Davis and a lovely one touch finish with the weaker foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back