Have you ever been to a game involving them not against us?

Jimmy Phillips testimonial 1998 v Bolton mate dragged me along always said he had a soft spot for them he is a Bolton supporter when he heard their IRA songs he flipped he still hates them till this day ex sqaddie

Hearts at the piggery in the 80s as a teenager.
My mate called John Robertson a wee fat bastard when he fucked up. And was rounded on by the Hearts fans.

As I backed away saying who is that c-unt. :shh:

Think I was at the same game. Went through a period of going up to Edinburgh at weekends as a pal had a flat at the Meadows. For some weird reason I cannot remember ( might have involved a female) I ended up going to this game on a Hearts bus from the Grosvenor Pub on Shandwick Place.

If it was not for the Hearts songs it would have been just like and Us v Them game. Oh how times have changed in the Hearts support since then.

A mate and I went to see them play Man City at Hampden back in 1970 in a pre-season friendly. No idea why we went, though City had a decent team then. There were also a handful of occasions when Rangers games got called off so we diverted to the DhimDome to support other teams against them, including Hearts, Accies and Falkirk.

Different era, different attitudes.

Went to school with a bluenose (who afaik is still a ST holder) who went to one of their European games round about 07 at the piggery because he wanted "to see a good game of fitba". Was probably against Milan or the likes, hence his interest in going. Still a bit weird.

Seen them play Clydebank (my local team) at Kilbowie, can't remember the score.
Edit Just checked, the Bankies won 3-2.

Last edited:
Yes. Lived in Dennistoun as a kid bout 7 and close enough to be a 'watch your motor mister?' on the spare bits of ground with my pals. One a C@ltic fan said we can get in after half time for nothing and collect ginger / beer bottles for the return cash. Most of players who went on to L@sbon. My da had to take me to Ibrox every week when he found out and never again.

I’m sure Steve Kirk scored in every round including the final against Dundee Utd that year. Is it not a record?
Not sure.can remember them scoring a cracker from close to the touchline and a Ginger guy also scoring a belter in the game mentioned.

Was sure the first I mention was Kirk?

Never.

Grew up in the west end so regularly went to firhill or preferably kilbowie when we were away from home as my old man didn’t go to away games

Went with a mate to Sharheid who was an Inverness fan. That was a good 6/7 years ago. Them they were losing 3-0 so we left early. Always remember the stadium was half empty.

One & only time was with a mate at Uni around 94\95 and it was at Shittodrie - the Bheasts won 1:0 with a penalty from that wee scrotum Joe "Fingers" Miller. Spent the majority of the time shouting abuse at the mhanky hordes & players that would see me jailed today! So, not a complete waste of a day!

Saw them a couple of times at Tynecastle, and once v Partick Thistle at Parkhead. All because some mates were going and there would be beer involved in the day out.

Loads of times. I was brought up in the Gallowgate they were the local team. I was a football daft a young lad and I had no qualms about going to Parkhead or Shawfield to watch games not involving us. I've even watched their reserve team playing Thistle and Arbroath.

Only once!
In the 70's I was persuaded by my then flatmate who was an Aberdeen supporter to go with him to Parkhead to watch them play celtc (Aberdeen end obviously).
Somehow Aberdeen won and we headed back to our local, Neesons on Alison Street where he was the token Dons supporter and I was the token bluenose.
We obviously kept the celebrations low key but later on in the evening somehow Simply The Best got played and after 7 or 8 pints of The Protestant Porter I concluded the song with a very loud FTP!
Not my most sensible decision as I got 50 shades of shite kicked out of me!
My conclusion?.....going to watch celtc is hazardous to a chaps mental and physical wellbeing!
;)

Friend of mine invited me to hospitality, choke choke, fn steak pie and chips.
No surprise there.

Yes, when I was younger I had the opportunity to go to hospitality.
The league was over and we were champions and it was a nice offer so I accepted.

Everything was perfectly pleasant until it came up in conversation that I was a bear.
Half the table carried on as normal, I assume they were regular functioning human beings but another 4 or 5 were demonstrably unhappy and then quite hostile afterwards.

I was 14/15 ffs.
Mutants.
They are fucking mental - acting the arse towards a teenager because they support a different team to you.

They are the most delusional support on the planet, they genuinely believe they are something special.

I can honestly say I’ve been to two.

First was around the late 80s when they played Dumbarton (my local team) at Boghead in either the Scottish or league cup. My Dad worked for Allied Distillers who were one of Dumbarton’s sponsors at the time. I remember being in the hospitality room at HT with my Dad and all they ugly Celtic goons with their horrid green jackets hovering about.

The other was when we used to have a caravan at St. Andrews and my Dad used to deal with Stewarts Cream of the Barley based in Dundee. He used to get hospitality for Dundee Utd and we went along quite a lot and once it was against the filth which they won. Saw Rangers when we won 2-0, Durie after about 10seconds and a McLaren long ranged freekick. McCoist and Hateley were both injured and in the next booth from us. I got a photo with Super which my Dad still has somewhere.
Saw the animals beat St. Mirren 2 - 0 at Ibrox about 1978 or thereabouts in the league. It was a Friday night. Rangers were playing in the SCF the next day. St. Boo must have been working at their stadium or something.

Two. Both against Inverness. Once at their dump (only time I’ve ever been there) in the league cup in 2004ish. Other time was the cup semi semi in 2015 when Inverness won. That game still causes a lot of crying from their fans when you bring it up. Great save by josh meekings!

Motherwell v Tims Scottish Cup Final 2011, got free tickets playing for Queens Park youth

Yes at Pittodrie around 2009. Got a free ticket as my mate worked in the ticket office, went with 2 other bears. Turned out be a good day as the sheep came back from 4-2 down to draw 4-4.

I was gonna pass but this jogged my memory and was at this one as well, got a free ticket from my brother in law, was a good laugh with the Sheep coming back to get a draw in injury time with a pen but can't remember who scored it.

Got stuck into monkey heid Mowbray as he walked back to the tunnel, don't think he lasted that much longer.

A cousin on my mums side played for them and I went with a group of mates to see Killie play them, back in the 70's as he gave me his comps. Can't remember the score.

1961 Scottish cup final & replay V Dunfermline.
Versus Liverpool in Europe at Parkhead & Anfield.

Twice. In the early 90s I saw them with a mate of mine who's a Jambo. Once at Tynecastle the other at the phiggery.

First was around the late 80s when they played Dumbarton (my local team) at Boghead in either the Scottish or league cup. My Dad worked for Allied Distillers who were one of Dumbarton’s sponsors at the time. I remember being in the hospitality room at HT with my Dad and all they ugly Celtic goons with their horrid green jackets hovering about.

The other was when we used to have a caravan at St. Andrews and my Dad used to deal with Stewarts Cream of the Barley based in Dundee. He used to get hospitality for Dundee Utd and we went along quite a lot and once it was against the filth which they won. Saw Rangers when we won 2-0, Durie after about 10seconds and a McLaren long ranged freekick. McCoist and Hateley were both injured and in the next booth from us. I got a photo with Super which my Dad still has somewhere.

Absolutely not. If I could be sure they'd lose then maybe but that is difficult to guarantee
Only ever seen them against us.
Only watch Sportscene highlights of their games if they lose, perhaps draw sometimes if it's controversial.
Perhaps a bit childish but I've never been in their ground and never will enter it.
Would never go in one of their stores.
Indeed, I've only seen the stydome once; drove by in daylight just to see what it looked like.

Celtic v Leeds United

European Cup Semi-final

Hampden Park

15th April 1970.

I was there as a Leeds fan.

When Leeds were drawn against Celtic I asked a few pals if they wanted to go and went up to Parkhead on a Sunday morning to buy six tickets.

The queue was, it seems hundreds of yards long, as when I got to a turnstile to buy six tickets, the guy said you can only have two. I was very surprised at this news as I had been in the queue for over an hour.

I went to the back of the line and as I, once again, approached the turnstile I got hold of a kid who was standing at the wall, gave him a pound, and told him to get two tickets.

The tickets were 10/- (50p)!

I gave the kid 1/3 (6p) and a glass bottle of Irn Bru, which was half full, as his payment.

With six tickets I made my way home and a couple of weeks later we set out for the match.

I wouldn’t dream of going to a similar match today but things were different then.

Going through the turnstiles, lots of people were handing over a ten bob note instead of a ticket. It was an all ticket match. The turnstile guys must have made a fortune that night.

So the official attendance of 136,505 was exceeded by, in my view, at least 15,000.

As I was there as a Leeds fan and was standing in the east terracing, needless to say, I didn’t wear my Leeds scarf that my mum had knitted for me!

When Billy Bremner scored with a scorching shot from 30 yards in the 14th minute it was met with complete silence. I didn’t say a peep. I’m not a hero! But inside I was going mental. I felt like a Trojan horse.

Unfortunately, that was as good as it got and we lost the match 2-1, 3-1 on aggregate as they had won 0-1 at Elland Road.

Memories of that night were the singing and the cigarette smoke funnelling up into the night sky through the pylons and floodlights, it looked as if half of Glasgow was on fire. Changed days.

On a brighter note, almost everyone who was there that night will be dead.

The past is a foreign country right enough.

:)

Me and my dad went to a game against them. Think it was Dundee UTD . Rangers weren't playing so we were just looking for something else to do. This was probably 87ish.

Last edited:
The fist game of football I was at was St Johnstone v Them. My uncle, who was a big Rangers fan, was up visiting and took me. I can remember Dalglish played for them and Jimmy Johnstone. Would have been mid 70s. Next time he was up he took me to Dundee Utd v St Johnstone - "who will we support? Let's go for the team in blue" (They lost both times :)) )

Friendly about 10 years ago at Firhill. Thistle beat them 1-0 and the CSC took a hiding off the pitch that day - business as usual right enough.

Yes only once
Back in the 80s, roughly 83/84 ish.
My local team was East Fife, every now and again we would go and watch them, mainly when my old boy was skint.
They had a half decent young team at the time, Durie, Billy Kirkwood, Stevie Kirk are the ones that spring to mind.
Firstly we went to see them play Hibs in the Scottish cup who they put out, they drew that mob in the next round so we went to that hoping for an upset.
Sadly not, they pumped them about 5 or 6 nil.
I was only 12/13 year old and haven’t been near a game involving them and another team since.
Had nightmares for months after it B-D

When I was 13 me and about 6 mates went to their game against Leeds Utd at Hampden in 1970.We tried to sneak in by going round the back of the houses at Curling Crescent and climbing over the wall up the slope and climbing over the wall at the back of the terracing.Unfortunately the polis were lying in wait with alsations and chased us off,we then went round to the turnstiles and basically jumped over them,only one of us got caught and parped out.I think he got in when the gate was forced.I remember Bremner opened the scoring but not much else about the game.I had mixed feelings about them winning, because of the Scotland/England thing and with no social media back then the hatred wasn't as bad.I was well pleased when Feynoored pumped them in the final though.

Back