Controversial Rangers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo they never backed him from the start

svennson ( sp ) ffs furman,and william stanger
Yeah, I think Murray had sold him down the river a bit with promises of money and then when they never materialised, he wanted out.

The guy tried to chuck it in September that year :D
Just realised it wasn’t going to work out and that Scottish football wasn’t something he was going to be able to accustom too.

The Ferguson situation was essentially the football equivalent of committing suicide by cop, he wanted out.
Did he think the lack of professionalism from professionals wasn't something he could change?
Similar to Deila at the bheasts. Ban chips and irn bru, for smoked salmon and berries, and Broonaldo wants him sacked?

Whittaker’s goal in Lisbon is quite overrated and more about the Lisbon players being dead on their feet than anything else.

Always thought the first goal was better, the cushioned header by Darcheville to Davis, the perfect pass from Davis and a lovely one touch finish with the weaker foot.

I agree but it’s still one of my favourite ever goals.

Not a rangers opinion but I think that Maradona’s goal against England is the same.

Did he think the lack of professionalism from professionals wasn't something he could change?
Similar to Deila at the bheasts. Ban chips and irn bru, for smoked salmon and berries, and Broonaldo wants him sacked?
Not sure mate.

Like I said above, Murray sold him a fairytale and once Le Guen figured it out.....

Amusingly though, when Walter came back the first thing he told Kris Boyd to do was stopping trying to follow the Le Guen diet as it was making him a poorer player.

Whittaker’s goal in Lisbon is quite overrated and more about the Lisbon players being dead on their feet than anything else.

Not sure about overrated but I think it is Cousin who is running ahead of him dragging defenders out of position and his role in the goal is a bit underrated because he creates a lot of space for Whittaker.

I agree but it’s still one of my favourite ever goals.

Not a rangers opinion but I think that Maradona’s goal against England is the same.
I once got crucified on here for saying the same. Once he passes the halfway line the first serious challenge on him comes from Shilton ffs.

Claudio Reyna is one the best players we’ve had in the last 30 years. Never fully appreciated because he often did an unglamorous role (often played at right back as well) to allow the likes of Ferguson and Gio to
flourish.
A prime Reyna now would be comfortably the best player in Scotland.

I think there's an element of that, bringing in a culture he'd been used to, the guy was running marathons in the desert before he joined, so was clearly fit as hell, on the flip side I think he vastly underrated Scottish football, our league is Bi-Polar, some of the worst shitehawks can be world beaters whereas known top players fail, I think Le Guen could go into that category, and his subsequent career has been rotten, he wasn't a part of recruitment at Lyon by all accounts

Murray sold him a vision that simply didn't materialise.

When Le Guen knew he was sold a lie, he wanted out.

For all the Barry v PLG threads that pop up here every fortnight, the ultimate blame for the failure of his reign absolutely lies at Murray’s door.

We went from targeting guys like Mandanda, Govou and Elmander to signing a past it Letizi, Sionko on a free and Sebo. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that clearly the promised funds never materialised.

I’m sure that PLG spent under £4m in trying to build pretty much an entirely new team. That same summer a Celtic team who had finished miles ahead of us spent £3.7m on Venegoor of Hessellink

If we hadn’t appointed him and instead McIness we would have likely won the league in 17/18 and wouldn’t have had to endure the most shambolic selection of OFs most of us will ever see.

I say that as someone who doesn’t rate McInnes
No chance. Maybe been more respectable in the OF games, yes.

THE most Alex McLeish signing ever.

"We've done our homework on him. This guy is the real deal"

5 games later he's loaned out and then paid off at a cost of £800,000.
When your a nipper you believe the shite that you read. Couldn’t wait to see the Serbian Zidane.

If he struck the ball full strength he would have snapped his ankle.

It’s totally fine if we sign players like Goldson, who arrive, contribute a load and then leave even if under freedom of contract if we get a great 3/4 years from them

We can still have the odd player like that and a plater trading model

I agree with that. The problem is so far we have no player trading model to speak of.

The “all Rangers fans are equal” argument is a load of shite in terms of who should be given access to tickets. Hence the old system of allocating away tickets was a load of shite.

1) Lee McCulloch is one of our worst ever signings (value-wise) in my lifetime. 2 headers and a six month stint up front post-admin.

His skipping and 3 touch free kick routine used to make me want to scratch my face off. An awful centre half and the midfield Edulloch partnership was horrific to watch.

2) Kevin Thomson is vastly overrated. He would go 90 minutes whilst touching the ball 10-20 times (usually one or two touch), and folk on here would have him as man of the match.

He was good domestically when teams panicked if we got in the or faces. In Europe, they’d often pass it around him and he wasn’t very good on that stage at all.

Barry Ferguson was a very good midfielder.

He in no way shape or form could have 'walked into any midfield in Britain at his peak' as many supporters maintain.
In 1999/2000 he was among the best young players in Europe.

Better then than Lampard and Gerrard.

Both of them subsequently became much better players than Barry but at age 21 he was absolutely top drawer.

Richard Gough..here goes:oops:

As a Ranger/man he is incredible. A classy, dignified individual who absolutely embodies everything that a Ranger should. He was a very good player, but I don’t think he was as good as made out. I don’t think he was particularly good with the ball and made a good few howlers. I will qualify this opinion by saying I was a teenager when he signed with us and maybe didn’t appreciate defenders as much then.

The whole match day experience of going to Ibrox generally isn't enjoyable in the slightest, and I'd rather watch the game on TV than have to suffer listening to the shite that comes out of the mouth of some idiots around me.

We’ve got a decent crowd of ST holders where I sit, but there are a couple of absolute pollutions too.

It can be a chore to listen to them.

I enjoyed watching the games on the telly for the first time in twenty odd years.

It took a bit of effort on my part to get back into the habit of going regularly.

It is a myth that every big club in Europe play academy players except Rangers.

Rangers have given a lot of game time to academy players over past 15 years but many just weren’t good enough.

If we hadn’t appointed him and instead McIness we would have likely won the league in 17/18 and wouldn’t have had to endure the most shambolic selection of OFs most of us will ever see.

I say that as someone who doesn’t rate McInnes
mciness shit the bed when we werent even in the running

as i said above we signed morelos under pedro, ryan jack, cardoso who was young and assaulted the assault should have been gbh to anyone that was a member of joe public

whos now playing with porto,

a shudder to think who mcinness would have signed and his number 2 was a crash barrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back