Controversial Rangers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another controversial opinion

People only campaigned for Celtics allocation to be reduced because they were embarrassing us on the park and some of our fans couldn’t accept those rats lording it over us

If they hadn’t embarrassed us on the pitch for a few seasons, and had we had a good team, the allocation cut would’ve never happened

It’s ruined what made the derby unique and completely sanitised it. Rangers Celtic games are utter pish now and I don’t really enjoy them at Ibrox or Parkhead, though I absolutely will cry if I don’t get one (doubtful though)
They should never get the full broomloan again unless they give us the same position in their stadium.

People only campaigned for Celtics allocation to be reduced because they were embarrassing us on the park and some of our fans couldn’t accept those rats lording it over us

If they hadn’t embarrassed us on the pitch for a few seasons, and had we had a good team, the allocation cut would’ve never happened

It’s ruined what made the derby unique and completely sanitised it. Rangers Celtic games are utter pish now and I don’t really enjoy them at Ibrox or Parkhead, though I absolutely will cry if I don’t get one (doubtful though)
Oh God here we go.
(Love you @Aww Skew )

I think it was Windass' general attitude that cost him his Rangers career over his ability. Likewise McKay. That said, my controversial opinion (ignoring those aspects) is that they'd have been much, much better players to keep around the squad than signings like Barker and Jones. If they weren't actually the players we had to depend upon, they'd be good impact subs and squad players.
The problem with McKay was that he stayed out on the wing. You never saw him bursting a gut to get in front of goal. Wingers aren't wingers today they are a part of a front 3 and need to get in front of goal when the ball comes down the other wing

Andy Halliday was dug meat.

Andy Goram cost us a cup final and a brilliant Rangers and Scotland career, it was still a great career but his lifestyle fcked him over.

After the Stadium disasters David Murray is the worst thing to happen to Rangers.

Flo was regularly bullied by the Celtic defence and was a waste of money. See David Murray above.

Negri and his antics was one of the key factors in us not winning ten in a row.

Big Jig and Girdon Durie were decent pros but were lucky to be at Rangers on ability.

every game he played for us he tried 100%

when he was moved into midfield he was superb

100% every game ? No, simply didn't happen.

He was good in midfield. You could argue very good at times but was he Ferguson in 02/03 good ?

Nowhere near it.

Here’s one that I will get shouted at for

29 year old Michael Mols played an excellent first 19 games for Rangers, scoring 13 goals and tearing defences to shreds.

His next 127 games where he scored 33 goals he was never at the same level, not his fault and we all know it was because of that injury - but he wasn’t the same player.

I’m not sure how valid it is, to say he was as good as......

Purely because it was such a short period of time, by all means it’s fine to say “for those 19 games he was incredible” but....

It may seem pedantic, but it has always bothered me. One may call it romanticism.

It has to go by stadium percentages. Parkhead is a bigger stadium by 10,000, so Rangers should really receive more than the 8,000 tickets we got there originally. If we were to go by percentages, I assume we would possibly get from the corner to half the Lisbon Lions Stand?

Andy Goram cost us a cup final and a brilliant Rangers and Scotland career, it was still a great career but his lifestyle fcked him over.

After the Stadium disasters David Murray is the worst thing to happen to Rangers.

Flo was regularly bullied by the Celtic defence and was a waste of money. See David Murray above.

Big Jig and Girdon Durie were decent pros but were lucky to be at Rangers on ability.
Another controversial opinion, Lee McCulloch should be no where near our hall of fame and it’s actually embarrassing seeing his name on the wooden plaque

He was an average player in he SPL and the only reason he stayed is because no one else would match his wages

Here’s one that I will get shouted at for

29 year old Michael Mols played an excellent first 19 games for Rangers, scoring 13 goals and tearing defences to shreds.

His next 127 games where he scored 33 goals he was never at the same level, not his fault and we all know it was because of that injury - but he wasn’t the same player.

I’m not sure how valid it is, to say he was as good as......

Purely because it was such a short period of time, by all means it’s fine to say “for those 19 games he was incredible” but....

It may seem pedantic, but it has always bothered me. One may call it romanticism.

Listen, you were a foetus when Mols arrived.

Your opinion doesn't count here :D

You had to be there. What he brought those 4 months was genuinely incredible.

I had to stand near them mate, they were/are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

Controversial but you’ll probably have Celtic fans saying that about rangers fans at parkhead.

Reality is that during derby games you get some right bad bastards and you’ll have noticed it more as you’re closer to them.

If we hadn’t paid so much, if we’d only paid the six to seven million “normal” of the time, he’d have been moderately successful.

Aye. That's why it kinda grinds my gears. For that money, at the time and the markets, we could've got a striker that could've perhaps taken us further.

I heard recently we even looked at Roy Makaay. Ronaldo too remember.

Listen, you were a foetus when Mols arrived.

Your opinion doesn't count here :D

You had to be there. What he brought those 4 months was genuinely incredible.
I remember the buzz before he signed. Genuinely thought we were getting a world class player, then those first game up to his injury he really was.

If Mols doesn’t get injured he would have went elsewhere at the end of that season. No way we would have held onto him otherwise.

We only got £9million for Hutton because Barry made him look good.

Heid down and running, Ferguson played the right ball to him every time. Did it for Scotland too.

I'm not anti royalty, and believe it is better than the idea of president fucking Blair/Cameron/Boris etc, but I find the Queen/royalist stuff pretty disingenuous and something we still do because it's in opposition to celtc fans. I just can't understand why any working class person can really, genuinely give a shit about the royals.

We have massively underachieved in Europe. Big teams haven't won the EC/CL, but most have at least contested a final. We were denied that destiny in 92/93. Looking through all the campaigns, we seemed to have no luck with the draw (cups are 50% luck imo) but it's a stage we should have contested at some point when we were stronger and the game more even. One CWC is not a good enough return for what we are, especially when comparing ourselves to clubs of similar or even lesser standing.

Candeias was fucking shite, the fact there were worse players at the time does not make him good.

You never stop with this crap

Same guy who admits he doesn’t even want to go to Ibrox.

You’re just bitter about the allocation being changed for yourself

Only read the OP. Josh Windass ffs :D

I don’t even know who he plays for now.

Scored a few into Hamilton, Thistle and some junior mob and he thinks he’s Ronaldo

We could win the CL and fans would ruin it by playing it down because they are moaning faced torn bastards that hate giving the team any credit.

Wallace is probably on more money now than he was then.
At the time though he’d probably trebled his wages, would he have got the same elsewhere at that point? I’m unsure

Don’t think many championship teams in England would’ve bought him in 2012

I thought the thread was supposed to be about controversial opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back