Controversial Rangers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of ex players/managers don't actually care about the club, happy to head on the speakers circuit or flog booze but when the shit hit the fan they were nowhere to be seen and still won't say a bad word against Murray.
Agree, the fawning over Gough and Numan last week gave me the boak

I definitely get your point and totally agree to a point but for most of his time with us he played with dross to be fair. Also he was one of us which helps. I do get what you’re saying but watching him growing up was a treat and if you were lucky enough to see him on his day it was magic. He was born 10 years too early imo
Absolutely he suffered in poor teams, but any thread where there’s a greatest player poll he will get votes.

He’s nowhere near the level of some absolute superstars.

Some fans are better than others.

No doubt get people jumping on that but I tend to agree. It’s been done to death about the subway loyal etc but there’s a real discussion to be had between fan groups and the club about those leaving so early, abusing players etc. There needs to be a culture change.

At their peak Craig Moore was a more consistent defender than Big Amoruso.
Big Ammo always had a mistake in him and who could forget his row Z free kicks
I have the opposite view pretty much.

I think Craig Moore was generally very poor overall, had 1 good season.

Amo, I think is the most gifted centre-back I've seen play for Rangers. Unfortunately his tendency to have brain-farts stopped him from being truly top class, but he had all the natural attributes of a great centre-back.

I agree with point 2. He came with a reputation as being one of the best left backs in the world and he was only good, never great.

Here’s mine…

Kevin Thomson’s ‘banter’ on social media is enough to convince me that he’ll never be mature enough to be a Rangers manager. I think a lot of people are thinking he’s serving some sort of managerial apprenticeship, and I don’t think he’s got the right mentality.
I think if you did a poll on here asking if KT will ever be the manager of Rangers it would be very close to 100% saying No.

Cedric Itten is one of the worst players to play for us in the last decade and I’ve no idea why people think he’s good.

Carlos Cuellar’s one season here was better than any centre back we’ve had.

The majority of ex players/managers don't actually care about the club, happy to head on the speakers circuit or flog booze but when the shit hit the fan they were nowhere to be seen and still won't say a bad word against Murray.
Is that controversial?

I thought it was a common feeling amongst fans that some ex-players are utter leaches that play to the galleries to stay relevant? There’s a few ex-players that are heavily reliant on the goodwill of the fanbase to keep them going in life

Novo springs to mind, as does Negri. Marvin Andrews is a nice guy but he plays to the galleries to keep his name relevant

This is one, Umar Sadiq played quite well in the semi final but the dive is all anyone (rightfully) remembers.

I thought he hid from the game to be honest. The only other thing I can remember him doing is running about 3 or 4 yards offside when with a bit of awareness he would have had a look across and checked his run. Gerrard went absolutely ballistic on the touchline.

I know Im not alone in thinking it but a relatively in form Glenn Middleton would have been my pick to start up front that day

Absolutely he suffered in poor teams, but any thread where there’s a greatest player poll he will get votes.

He’s nowhere near the level of some absolute superstars.
Will politely disagree. Seen him win us games literally on his own. After 86 some of his goals, assists were outrageous but like I said I do get your point he was inconsistent. He gets votes for a reason though

You could partially argue that about Maradona as well though. Aside from Barcelona where he didn't have a happy time of it the team's aren't elite level.

It was just a different time, especially in Italy. I think Batistuta was at Fiorentina for 8 years or something while being easily one of the best strikers about. If that was now it would be 1 season and then off to Madrid/City/PSG.
I get that but at the same time Batistuta tore it up with Fiorentina and won a couple of cups and eventually to Roma where he won Serie A; Gazza departed Lazio and came to Scotland. I don’t remember much of Gazza at Lazio so I’m always willing to be corrected but did he not only make about 50 appearances, and I never really hear anyone talking about Gazza tearing it up in Italy (I mean playing in that league). It’s usually always about Italia 90 and what could have been rather than what was.

I thought he hid from the game to be honest. The only other thing I can remember him doing is running about 3 or 4 yards offside when with a bit of awareness he would have had a look across and checked his run. Gerrard went absolutely ballistic on the touchline.

I know Im not alone in thinking it but a relatively in form Glenn Middleton would have been my pick to start up front that day
I was very vocal at the time that I wanted Middleton to start through the middle as well, to be honest!

I think if you did a poll on here asking if KT will ever be the manager of Rangers it would be very close to 100% saying No.
I disagree Bud, I genuinely think a good percentage of folk on here reckon he could be the next manager. There was even people suggesting him for assistant manager in order to take over when Gio moves on. Crazy.

You can be gash for months but it you score against Celtic it wins you favour with a decent % of our online support till the end of time

Katic is a decent recent example of this
Ugo Ehiogu (God rest him).
Mo Edu.
Clint Hill.
Erik Bo Andersen (though he was better than most remember).
Barrie McKay.

List is numerous.

At their peak Craig Moore was a more consistent defender than Big Amoruso.
Big Ammo always had a mistake in him and who could forget his row Z free kicks
Both of them played against Larsson, Sutton and Hartson when Celtic had a great team

Imagine what those 3 would’ve done to Goldson/Balogan and we’ve got fans that genuinely think Goldson is on a par with Amo

The current Rangers songs are the best ever . First game was in the late 60’s and have to admit that I think the last 10 years have generated songs that probably surpass everything apart from Follow Follow and TBB.

Is that controversial?

I thought it was a common feeling amongst fans that some ex-players are utter leaches that play to the galleries to stay relevant? There’s a few ex-players that are heavily reliant on the goodwill of the fanbase to keep them going in life

Novo springs to mind, as does Negri. Marvin Andrews is a nice guy but he plays to the galleries to keep his name relevant
Maybe it wasn't controversial.

How about souness? Appears once In a blue moon mentions "mojo" or "institution" and fans of a certain age go weak at the knees. I must be too young as Ive never got the "magnificent bastard"

I seen Durrant from his break through at Rangers and he had future super star written all over him.his first full old firm debut at Ibrox in 1985 he and Derek Ferguson were just teenagers and they both ripped Celtic apart in a 3-0 victory.souness had said loads of times that but for his injury Durrant would have been a star in seri a.
I was at the same game and they destroyed Celtic on their own. Was like 20 players from the scheme went for a kick about with 2 professionals. They could have beat Celtic on their own that day.

If Balogun performed at right back in the Antwerp and tims game we wouldn't have saw Nathan Patterson last season. Patterson was forced on Gerrard due to how poor Balogun performed in those games so he had to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back