Controversial Rangers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another controversial opinion

People only campaigned for Celtics allocation to be reduced because they were embarrassing us on the park and some of our fans couldn’t accept those rats lording it over us

If they hadn’t embarrassed us on the pitch for a few seasons, and had we had a good team, the allocation cut would’ve never happened

It’s ruined what made the derby unique and completely sanitised it. Rangers Celtic games are utter pish now and I don’t really enjoy them at Ibrox or Parkhead, though I absolutely will cry if I don’t get one (doubtful though)
Rangers have won more of them than we haven't since the change. Anything that gives us an advantage over how much you enjoy your day out or a neutral seems like a good decision to me.

Genuinely surprised by that mate.

Defoes goal was very good but I’m not sure by what standard you could judge it to be better than Roofes.

So Roofe beats three men in a swimming pool and then lobs then goal from inside his own half. I get that - it’s utterly epic.

My logic. Start of roofes goal is a bit messy with a few ricochets. He beats the last guy easily enough but then it’s outrageous. That said it’s a smash on target as much to waste time given the game situation and he’s got fortunate (maybe not the right word) that it’s gone in. I think he was as much trying to just waste time as he was score. That all said it’s obviously an utterly wild goal. No question. And at the time I stood up from my sofa squeeling and said it was the best I’d ever seen for us.

BUT after careful consideration I think defoes is better. Coming at height over your shoulder diagonally right to left and catching the ball perfectly in stride with your weaker foot so the ball just gets passed into the net absolutely perfect on the half volley. The technique is just off the charts insane. It’s so so good.

If you gave Roofe his strike 1,000 times versus Defoe getting 1,000 goes. I think Defoe scores less from his 1,000 attempts to do the same thing. Both great goals.

So Roofe beats three men in a swimming pool and then lobs then goal from inside his own half. I get that - it’s utterly epic.

My logic. Start of roofes goal is a bit messy with a few ricochets. He beats the last guy easily enough but then it’s outrageous. That said it’s a smash on target as much to waste time given the game situation and he’s got fortunate (maybe not the right word) that it’s gone in. I think he was as much trying to just waste time as he was score. That all said it’s obviously an utterly wild goal. No question. And at the time I stood up from my sofa squeeling and said it was the best I’d ever seen for us.

BUT after careful consideration I think defoes is better. Coming at height over your shoulder diagonally right to left and catching the ball perfectly in stride with your weaker foot so the ball just gets passed into the net absolutely perfect on the half volley. The technique is just off the charts insane. It’s so so good.

If you gave Roofe his strike 1,000 times versus Defoe getting 1,000 goes. I think Defoe scores less from his 1,000 attempts to do the same thing. Both great goals.

C’mon mate, you can’t think that? Surely?

You think Roofe would be able to beat 3 men, in a swimming pool (basically) then score from his own half more often than Defoe would score a half volley from 16/17 yards from a cross?
I preferred Roofe’s goal against Benfica to both of them :))

My top 3 would be:

Roofe v Liege
Tav free kick v Dundee United
Defoe v Livi

Rangers have won more of them than we haven't since the change. Anything that gives us an advantage over how much you enjoy your day out or a neutral seems like a good decision to me.
No we haven’t, I think it’s pretty much an even record since the allocation was cut

I’m including 18/19 and 19/20. I’m sure it’s 3 wins each with fans In the stadiums?

No we haven’t, I think it’s pretty much an even record since the allocation was cut

I’m including 18/19 and 19/20. I’m sure it’s 3 wins each with fans In the stadiums?
I was too lazy to work it out exactly. It's only a minority of Rangers fans and most Celtic fans who are rattled by it. I'd rather have more Rangers fans inside Ibrox than them and that's the end of my argument.

Tav’s free kick at Tannadice is the best free kick I have ever seen rangers score btw
That’s a tough one.
Albertz v them at Ibrox
Cooper v the sheep in 87
Even our very own Gio’s away to Galatasaray is right up there for me. Blink and you’d miss it.
Tav’s was fantastic though.

Ok…. I’ll take flack for this….. Gazza’s behaviour off field was not befitting of the club and we turned a blind eye because we were winning rather than address it properly. This probably ultimately harmed him, his final World Cup chance, and contributed to where he ended up.

DOI: absolutely idolised him as a kid.

I don't want to draw an English side in the Champions League because we'd be brushed aside at best, and absolutely humiliated at worst.

Ok…. I’ll take flack for this….. Gazza’s behaviour off field was not befitting of the club and we turned a blind eye because we were winning rather than address it properly. This probably ultimately harmed him, his final World Cup chance, and contributed to where he ended up.

DOI: absolutely idolised him as a kid.

Have you watched his documentary Gascoigne? If so I would recommend and you’ll see what contributed to where he ended up. Harrowing stuff.

C’mon mate, you can’t think that? Surely?

You think Roofe would be able to beat 3 men, in a swimming pool (basically) then score from his own half more often than Defoe would score a half volley from 16/17 yards from a cross?

My top 3 would be:

Roofe v Liege
Tav free kick v Dundee United
Defoe v Livi

Whilst Defoes goal was incredible, I’d have Jacks volley against St Johnstone at third place and agree with your top 2.

I'm going to absolutely slated for this but %^*& it, come at me.

Our 9IAR team didn't underperform in Europe, they were overrated. We out resourced the rest of the country at a time the rest of the world was starting to get serious about football players being athletes and properly coached, whilst Scotland got left behind for the best part of 3 decades, stuck in the culture of bevvying, poor diets and bad attitudes towards training. We dominated domestically but 1993 aside, we constantly got put in our place in Europe.
The 90s/early 2000s brought us a lot of success and great memories but in the long term, was a terrible period for the club and blame lies with Murray. Instead of investing in our footballing infrastructure, we fell victim to Murray's ego and chased success by overpaying transfer fees and paying absolutely ludicrous wages for the time, which has created a lasting legacy to this day of fat auld baldy bastards who spend 90 minutes red faces, arms crossed screaming at our own players and generally just being a negative energy in the stadium before fucking off with 10 minutes to go. There is a sense of entitlement still lingering around the club at all levels and we are going to struggle to bring through youth players until it disappears.

We have had two glorious opportunities in our clubs history to create a footballing infrastructure that could have made us major players in world football. Once with Murray, the second was 2012. We were absolutely swimming in cash in 2012.

We were playing in the Third Division and sold 50,000 season tickets and raised over 20million in the IPO ffs. We then decided to pay Ally McCoist a ludicrous wage and overpay a bunch of journeymen mercanry SPL players to beat joiners and fishermen. Yes, the Spivs sucked the lifeblood put of us but it really does pain me to think where we could be today if one of the current directors had paid the £5,500,000 to buy us outright, debt free back then. We have been trying to create that footballing infrastructure for 5 years now whilst balancing 10 figure losses. We have squandered so much money in the past 30 years chasing instant success on the park, had we been a little more savvy and invested wisely as the expense of a couple of league titles who knows where we would be today.

I’ve always found it funny that a lot of people who Idolise Graeme Souness for committing some of the worst assaults I’ve ever seen on a football pitch are the same ones who still hold major grudges about neil simpson. Souness wasn’t a ‘magnificent bastard’ when he was doing stuff like that. He was a coward, and a thug.

Big Eck should have been let go after the 2004/2005 Helicopter Sunday title season.

2005/2006 we were utter gash under him.

You wont find a single rangers fan disagreeing with your 2nd sentence however sacking the manager after he had just won us the league (his second in two years) would have been a bizarre decision to say the least. If he had wanted to go then thats a different situation.

None of us knew how badly 05/06 would pan out domestically.

I’ve always found it funny that a lot of people who Idolise Graeme Souness for committing some of the worst assaults I’ve ever seen on a football pitch are the same ones who still hold major grudges about neil simpson. Souness wasn’t a ‘magnificent bastard’ when he was doing stuff like that. He was a coward, and a thug.
Magnificent Bastard and always will be.

Gerrard got bored to f#cking death playing Ross County, St Mirren, Livingston and playing in shitty poorly constructed, ugly looking three sided stadiums every other week.
Can’t really blame him, must he difficult for people coming to a league where you can play the same team 7 times a season.

As Davie Robertson put it - “There’s only so many times you can play against Jim McInally before you have to move on”

Yeah I miss the days of Celtic having the full Broomloan spilling onto the pitch side every time they scored while we got the same number tucked up in the shitty bit of their stadium.

I hope this decision on their allocation is never reversed.

Yeah I miss the days of Celtic having the full Broomloan spilling onto the pitch side every time they scored while we got the same number tucked up in the shitty bit of their stadium.

I hope this decision on their allocation is never reversed.
I miss the days they had a full stand and seeing them close to tears when we stopped them winning the league at Ibrox in March 2012

The atmosphere that day was better than any of the home games since they’ve been given 800. Go figure

I would rather 6000 extra Rangers fans got to see it
We’re close to agreement, I’ve said multiple times I don’t want 8000 allocations to return. My ideal scenario would be 5% of each ground, we get 3000 and they get 2500

But that’s a different debate for a different day

We’re close to agreement, I’ve said multiple times I don’t want 8000 allocations to return. My ideal scenario would be 5% of each ground, we get 3000 and they get 2500

But that’s a different debate for a different day
I doubt you will get that. They are in the huff already with not getting their prime location, they are hardly going to Chuck us more tickets than they receive regardless of percentages

Gerrard got bored to f#cking death playing Ross County, St Mirren, Livingston and playing in shitty poorly constructed, ugly looking three sided stadiums every other week.
Why didn't he leave in the summer then? He used us until something better came along. The Champions League exit is on him.

Even though we’ve progressed amazingly years gone by, I feel we don’t tap into markets enough I.e. Scandinavian, South American.

What are you taking about? Unadulterated pish.
Ok, i'll clarify

So players i thought were better than Ian Ferguson during his 12 years with us:
Ian Durrant until injury
Ray Wilkins
Nigel Spackman
Stuart McCall
Trevor Steven
Paul Gascoigne
Barry Ferguson
Giovanni Van Brockhurst
Claudia Reyna

Ferguson's availability to play. Well he signed same season as Gough. Gough had a spell in USA then left in 98. Ferguson was with us from 1988 till 2000

Gough Rangers league appearances - 318
Ferguson Rangers league appearances - 236

Outside his League Cup Final goal and his UCL strike against CSKA. I cant think of key goal Fergie scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back