Goldson after the Sakala Goal

Every single long ball...he can't deal with.

Don't let it bounce is what you're told at school in bloody P.E...he lets it bounce every time.

Head it, don't try and bring it down...he does the opposite.

Don't get caught goalside of man...every fecking time he does.

And it costs us a goal...every time..hence why our stats are terrible in chances conceded vs goals scored.

I am sick of the sight of the guy and his waving arms when he's cost us yet another goal.

I'll give you a player 10 times better than Goldson who did the exact opposite when dealing with long balls...

Marvin Andrews.

No great footballer but we'd have conceded half our goals with him in defence than Goldson.
Explain last year then?

A thought re Goldson's contract situation, and the form of the team this season.

Bearing in mind that nothing leaks from the dressing room, perhaps Gerrard told the team that he was going after this season. It would explain the general malaise we had, and why Goldson has been reluctant to sign - not knowing who would be manager.

He does care he’s just no good without an experienced defender next to him.

Keep him off interview duty though, thick as two short planks.

Some people don’t fully understand the mentality at Rangers. He’d be applauded at clubs down south for coming out with such an ‘open and honest’ interview.

Something I noticed when following Chelsea is that a lot of supporters seem to idolise and constantly back players. Even when underperforming. Goldson calling out himself or his colleagues would be seen as leading the way.

But at Rangers its demanded that its 100% effort 100% of the time. We don’t accept that its allowed to even get to that stage. Up here we’ll back the manager and the club.

I’m happy to put his interview down to emotions running high but aye maybe keep him away from interviews and fire out somebody that tows the company line without giving the press lots of quotes.

Whether he cares or not, whether he has a move lined up or not...

He's been largely crap this season, a season in which we've shipped more goals than them who have a joker or two at central defence and open those jokers up to attacks all game.

Last season is gone, on this seasons form he needs punted.

IF I SEE ONE MORE LONG BALL, TOTALLY MISJUDGED BY HIM, LEADING TO A GOAL....SICK OF IT.
Yes…….before playing us, opposition managers must hammer it home to their players to punt balls over the top, for their best opportunities against us!!!!! Cruising today until they got that goal then match could’ve gone any way until Sakala popped up with the third.

Heard today he's asking for £40K a week. I can't see that being true
Been the rumours for a while.

He wants the same wage as lundstrum which is apparently 40kish.

Rangers don't want to pay him that, thus no contract

If true, not sure who I side with. Goldson is clearly worth that 40k more than lundstrum is, and giving him 40k while saying we can't afford to give the better player 40k probably doesn't go down well.

I'd get rid of lundstrum and pass the wages onto goldson to make it up to 40k before getting rid of goldson probably.

Hard to read this thread as it's been spoiled by petty bickering.

Goldson last year looked up for it and was interested this year I think he sees his future back down in England.
Still one of our best defenders which is why he's never really dropped.

I don't.

Despite the car crash interview last week, he has an incredible will to win.

I guarantee if you asked every striker in the league who their most difficult opponent is, Goldson would win it hands down.
I don't think he doesn't care he doesn't come across as that kind of guy.

But I do think he's resigned to leaving now and I don't know if it's playing on his mind about trying not to pick up injuries ect as it could cost him a move

I am agenda driven to any player that is letting down our club.

A better centre-half this season? Easy. Souttar. Far more cultured, far better stats, his team have conceded the same as us with far less possession. He's a better centre-half than this season's Goldson without a doubt.
Hahaha

Your bizarre hatred of Goldson has warped your brain

If that's true about Lundstrams wage the club really have to have a good look at getting rid. Approving that, if true, is appalling.
As for Goldson , he hasn't been as good as last year but then the whole back 5 haven't, nor defensive mid.
He is our best fit centre back.

OK mate, I do disagree, but I do acknowledge that his long passing is often excellent.

Call me old fashioned if you like, but first & foremost I’d rather defenders priority is stopping goals.

Anyway, I’m sick of getting involved in Goldson debates. There have been so many central defenders I’ve seen at our club that are worth getting emotional about keeping.

Connor isn’t one of them IMO.

Think I’ll give FF a rest for the night lol
Couldn’t have put it any better myself,

Goldson is a decent player got us but isn’t a top drawer CB we have had a good few top drawer ones in my life Time and replaced them so replacing Goldson doesn’t worry me.

A thought re Goldson's contract situation, and the form of the team this season.

Bearing in mind that nothing leaks from the dressing room, perhaps Gerrard told the team that he was going after this season. It would explain the general malaise we had, and why Goldson has been reluctant to sign - not knowing who would be manager.

I’d imagine he’d certainly let goldson know as they’re clearly tight in terms of time in Glasgow

Yes…….before playing us, opposition managers must hammer it home to their players to punt balls over the top, for their best opportunities against us!!!!! Cruising today until they got that goal then match could’ve gone any way until Sakala popped up with the third.
Last week it was being unable to stop crosses.

Every single long ball...he can't deal with.

Don't let it bounce is what you're told at school in bloody P.E...he lets it bounce every time.

Head it, don't try and bring it down...he does the opposite.

Don't get caught goalside of man...every fecking time he does.

And it costs us a goal...every time..hence why our stats are terrible in chances conceded vs goals scored.

I am sick of the sight of the guy and his waving arms when he's cost us yet another goal.

I'll give you a player 10 times better than Goldson who did the exact opposite when dealing with long balls...

Marvin Andrews.

No great footballer but we'd have conceded half our goals with him in defence than Goldson.
Utter tripe. You are trotting out football terms without knowing what they mean.

Fantastic leap and header by Sakala despite having his jersey held by Holt and having a huge Keeper jumping over in his direction. Despite this Walker describes it as so easy for Sakala. I would say it was anything but easy.
The kind of leap that Ronaldo has almost trademarked being downplayed by Rangers haters on commentary?

Just another game on Sky.

You can argue about this guy until the cows come home but fact number one is we need to get behind him and get him motivated for the rest of the season, there’s too much at stake.

I think Goldson cares a lot and that’s probably why he said what he said. He looked scunnered after the cup loss and we were looking for scapegoats.

It’s time we forgot about it and gave him a chance to repay us.

If he can deliver a title and a cup I’m more than happy.

If he goes for a fee in January and is replaced with a decent defender I’d also be happy.

If he just put pen to paper on that contract offer (if there is one on the table) he could concentrate on Rangers and his football.
Why do we want a flawed defender to put pen to paper on a contract? He will not suddenly become a top defender by putting his signature on a piece of paper. I do agree that, underneath it all, he 'cares' but his time is up, for his and the clubs better interests.

There is absolutely zero chance John Lundstram is on 40k a week hahaha.
Was supposedly on 25k at sheff united in the premier league.

We signed him on a free, which will naturally mean a decent wage boost

40k isn't exactly out the realm of possibility especially when Gerrard seemed to be a huge fan of him.

If he's not on 40k he won't be a kick of the arse off it either.

No idea wages. Like I said that was just the rumours that's been going around for a good few weeks now.

I am agenda driven to any player that is letting down our club.

A better centre-half this season? Easy. Souttar. Far more cultured, far better stats, his team have conceded the same as us with far less possession. He's a better centre-half than this season's Goldson without a doubt.
Souter has Halkett who is good in the air beside him they are a settled partnership
Goodson has had
Helander , Simpson and Bassey all beside him at one time or another

Look what happened when Goldson didn’t play away to Sparta - we were extremely fortunate to get out of there with a 1 godly defeat

Could it be that Goldson is trying too hard - because he cares that much? The big guy does more good than bad in my opinion.

His passing is his week point point. The odd cracker, the odd shank, and the odd boot into nowhere.... but he never shirks responsibility and will always be available.

Nothing nonsensical about it.

Even last Sunday, Jack Ross switched Nisbet away from Goldson on to Balogun, as he was winning nothing against Goldson and then got plenty joy against Balogun.

Your posts have always made it clear you don't like him and are agenda driven.

Was voted into the SPFL team of the season by his fellow pros last season too.

Name a centre half better than him at another club?

Generally strikers are moved on to his partner as he is definitely the stronger. Though it is a laugh when they do that and its Helander that is the partner!

Goldson,like Tav, once he is gone we will miss him.

Not really read the whole thread properly but here's my tuppence worth.

Goldson is not good enough to play in the EPL. (If that's his thoughts then he's dreaming)

Goldson gets paid enough already and if he wants more he can bolt. (Imo we are prob overpaying him anyway)

Goldson thinks he is miles better than he is. (Your ok mate but you're not irreplaceable)

I'm not fussy if he leaves at the end if the season for free. He has fulfilled his contract and we can have no complaints. Let him concentrate on his own buisness and wish him all the best. Thank you for your efforts.

Over to Giovanni who no doubt has a list of more than suitable candidates and who's enthusiasm levels are much higher to take his place.

Onwards and upwards etc etc.
And Duffy is? Goldson is good enough to play PL football.

Get the feeling Lundstram was a signing Gerrard pushed for & if he's on anything close to £40k a week just wow.

He's struggling to even get on the pitch right now. 90% of Rangers supporters I spoke to didn't even want us to sign him.

He does care, he just likes to make the odd clanger (more frequent this season). I thought he was poor defensively at the weekend. Who knows what is going through his head....

The issue is paying John Lundstram more than players who both offer and have given much more to Rangers, causing disharmony.

The story is they have the same agent so it's well known Lundstram is on a lot of money and Goldson feels he deserves parity. And who wouldn't?

Just release Lundstram and give Goldson his parity.
Aye it’s that simple eh?
Why do these thick millionaire directors not see the obvious solution, puzzling

40k isn't exactly out the realm of possibility especially when Gerrard seemed to be a huge fan of him.

No idea wages. Like I said that was just the rumours that's been going around for a good few weeks now.
Hes got a hell of a fight getting back in that team

It's impossible to tell how much Lundstrum was on down there but when you look at any of the sites who list the wages of a team's players, Lundstrum was apparently one of the lowest paid in their team and was on less than £10k per week.

Back