Open Goal Meets Mark Hateley

I used to enjoy these..and would think listening to such an Idol of mine as Hatley recall former glories for an hour or so a pleasure.
Buy maybe another time

Watching now, almost finished. Enjoying listening to the stories (the ones not in the book lol). I know some soured off him but I will always be in awe of the player he was for us when I was growing up.

Talking about Charlie Miller being the most naturally gifted player he'd seen at schoolboy level. And he'd known Paolo Maldini at the same age.

Young guy who broke into the Rangers first team when money for signings was no object and transfer windows didn't exist. Should have had a lengthy trophy laden career with us but liked a bevvy too much.

Has to be one of the worst OpenGoal interviews. He could have given some stories and not mentioned his book.

I thought it was ok. I dont think Hateley does a lot of press stuff these days. Obviously only on for his book promotion

I was in henglers circus up the town a few weeks ago, went into the toilets, was washing my hands and could see some c&nt looking over, pished, standing at the entrance. "I'm Slaineys Da" he said, walked passed him and said "yer boys a prick". Couldn't help myself B-D

Hateley one of my favourite ever Rangers players but as a person he is a bit of a wet wipe to be honest. He had an amazing career and has good stories to tell but manages to make them boring in this video. I think if he was chocolate he'd eat himself too.

Might actually be better to read his book instead.

I'm not surprised it's rubbish.
He was was an amazing player but is a terrible public speaker.
He can't seem to get the words out and gets himself tied up in knots.
It's like he over-thinks what he has to say rather than just being natural.

"Awww weet man ats pure mental big man nat yoor some buzz so ye urr."

Embarrassing listening to those two fannies.

I don't care if Hateley's not the most scintillating of speakers he's an absolute monster of the game and a legend for Rangers.

Never forget the big man's commentary with Jock Brown

"But, er-a..." in amongst every sentence.

Absolute legend for us though and what a player.

Reactions: VGM
What a player but an extremely dull interview, some great content but a total lack of enthusiasm in telling the stories. Agree with others that Slane shouldn’t be involved in these interviews.

There's too many of these podcasts in Scottish football now, it's the same ex players doing the rounds of them and they haven't got enough stories for the amount they do.

Talking about Charlie Miller being the most naturally gifted player he'd seen at schoolboy level. And he'd known Paolo Maldini at the same age.

Young guy who broke into the Rangers first team when money for signings was no object and transfer windows didn't exist. Should have had a lengthy trophy laden career with us but liked a bevvy too much.
I've actually always thought that Miller was exceptional at that age as was Derek Ferguson but they lost their way a bit as young lads often do.

Latest posts

Back