The Rangers AGM

Alan Harris (yes the nutter). - away European travel. Safety of fans and ticket allocations. I have been at 45 in. 39 cities. Brondby worst experience ever. Home club and police failed to put in agreed procedures. Faced baton wielding stormtrooper.

Robertson - you are one of our more regular contributors …
Supposed to be ticket cordon but was none. Police didn’t deal with it and just piled in. Brondby fined 3,00 Euros for their breaches.
Our security already in Lyon ahead of that game.

Things like disabled access improving are
Steve Sinclair wheelchair user - 18 years a wheelchair user. What I would to do is to show how difficult it is to the disabled to access to enter the ground. I want to provide you with two spare wheelchairs and meet you at the Alibion and you can try it.

Will you accept this challenge?

Robertson - we have car parking facilities nearer ground than the Albion but most disabled fans don’t like them as traduce form there clears more slowly.

John Bennet - spent time with wheelchair user - he articulated the problems. We have example of resource allocation. Blue Sky Lounge for instance - giving access cuts revenue but we are taking up the challenge. People tasked to bring back menahiful plans.
Think this is more important than the safe standing issue tbh. Our disabled punters have been shat on in terms of service for a long time.

Yeah, a huge target for him to meet.

You would like to think he is confident in meeting it though as why would he say it so publicly.

Edminston House and the new Bar at the shop all sound great.

Wish the club would get a move on with the safe standing though.

Noticed last week at the Prague game that large sections of the crowd remained standing for most of the game anyway.

Section I'm in (CF3) stands for all Euro Group games now mate. Have done for the past three seasons. From what I could see there were loads of areas doing the same. Definitely appetite for this.

Alan Harris (yes the nutter). - away European travel. Safety of fans and ticket allocations. I have been at 45 in. 39 cities. Brondby worst experience ever. Home club and police failed to put in agreed procedures. Faced baton wielding stormtrooper.

Supposed to be ticket cordon but was none. Police didn’t deal with it and just piled in. Brondby fined 3,00 Euros for their breaches.
Captain. Hero. Legend

His legia pic is legendary haha

Harry McEwan, Bridgeton Loyal - why do we ban Rangers fans for incidents in the city centre. Nothing happens for people attacked or breaking minutes silences.

Robertson - they were on their way to a Rangers game.

of a survey of roughly 7,500 responses, 82% said they were in favour of safe standing at Ibrox
Majority were for it when a survey was done

A new survey should be done with more soffit if questions + feasibility study done on cost

Questions like - would you pay more to cover cost etc
I misunderstood the original post. I thouight there was a mixed reaction at the AGM to Robertsons response to the question rather than a mixed response to the survey.

Alan Harris, what a daft auld roaster

He’s a zoomer

I’d be willing to pay double for the first season to cover the implementation cost for my space

Feasibility study should be done

It’s a pathetic excuse and like you said if it costs people an extra couple of hundred for the first season and an extra £50 for the seasons after so be it let the supporters pay for it.

They were happily enough to nearly double and kick us out of bar72 sorry price out with not even a seasons notice so if in reality could’ve saved up to keep the seat there but they knew what they were doing pricing us out so the people greeting about us having the best seats in the house hoovered them up.

It’s a pathetic excuse and like you said if it costs people an extra couple of hindered for the first season and an extra £50 for the seasons after so be it let the supporters pay for it.

They were happily enough to nearly double and kick us out of bar72 sorry price out with not even a seasons notice so if in reality could’ve saved up to keep the seat there but they knew what they were doing pricing us out so the people greeting about us having the best seats in the house hoovered them up.
I know many people of various age demographics that want safe standing

It needs to be done. We need to ramp up the pressure

I'm personally not interested in a safe standing section, but there is obvious demand there. Just about everybody stands in BF1 as it is, so what is the clubs issue in converting BF1 and 2 at least for those who do want it. It's not like they are prime seats either in terms of view or price.

I'm sure people in that section would be happy with even a small rise in ticket price to cover cost of construction. I'm talking the equivalent of a couple of quid a game.

Craig WatsonCamelon RSC - allocation of tickets an supposed £10 charge for RSC members.

Bisgrove - mygers members pay to be part of ticket scheme - we are looking at it but was interrupted by covid.

Of course it's not. The majority of fans who go to Ibrox couldn't give 2 hoots either way, add into the mix that whole groups may need moved to accommodate it depending on where it goes, and it therefore will likely never happen.
Who would have to move if it was implemented in BF. It would be a tiny percentage of folk in BF that would be against it

Absolute shambles.

It didnt get a mixed reaction, the SLO knows that too.

Never going to happen. Atmosphere will continue to be pish.

In what way will safe standing improve the atmosphere? It’ll benefit a small section of the support, most likely the UB who stand already. No or little impact on atmosphere at all. It wouldn’t be an accessible area for the majority of supporters so I’m not fussed about it in the slightest.

Look at away games. Look at the thousands who stood on Sunday at Livi.

People want to stand. It is the clubs duty to provide this as an option. They are failing us by ignoring the demand.

Fair play to the clubs in England who are giving their fans what they want and also helping to improve the atmosphere etc.

Makes my blood boil when the club treat this as an issue of non importance :(

I know many people of various age demographics that want safe standing

It needs to be done. We need to ramp up the pressure

I don’t want to be in it but I want it at Ibrox for the supporters who do there is absolutely no excuse for it not to happen even if it means those doing so have to pay for it themselves because they would.

The simple fact is it’s not making the club money were as from paying nearly 1100 in bar72 going to 2400 they couldn’t give a f*ck if you couldn’t afford it because the people in club Europe wanted the seats at the premium price.

I'm personally not interested in a safe standing section, but there is obvious demand there. Just about everybody stands in BF1 as it is, so what is the clubs issue in converting BF1 and 2 at least for those who do want it. It's not like they are prime seats either in terms of view or price.

I'm sure people in that section would be happy with even a small rise in ticket price to cover cost of construction. I'm talking the equivalent of a couple of quid a game.
Because those who want it want it moved to behind the goals which wound mean moving loads of those who don’t which gives the Club a headache they don’t want.

Our security in Lyon - it’s a shame Lyon still don’t have security in Lyon.

In what way will safe standing improve the atmosphere? It’ll benefit a small section of the support, most likely the UB who stand already. No or little impact on atmosphere at all. It wouldn’t be an accessible area for the majority of supporters so I’m not fussed about it in the slightest.
My take on the safe standing, although I am all for it, think the club will be looking at other ways to expand capacity first, safe standing section ,might come after that.

john season ticket holder in BF4 - feasablity into safe standing manniunced two years ago.

Robertson - not completed due to covid. Not in our immediate radar. Complex problem. Don’t doubt it would improve atmosphere but others have contrary views should areas move abs fans have to be moved.

Mixed reaction to proposals.

BF1 tend to stand anyway and group there would prefer to be right behind the goals.

Fair question. Possibly need council involvement to provide a pedestrian crossing. Even part time lights that are only active on event days.

People want to stand. It is the clubs duty to provide this as an option. They are failing us by ignoring the demand.

Fair play to the clubs in England who are giving their fans what they want and also helping to improve the atmosphere etc.

Folk have to stand at away games as they have no choice,

given the choice a lot wouldn’t,

Anonymous guy. Glad to be at an AGM where it is about the actual club - it’s not for everyone.

Rangers held to a different standard than other clubs. What about Hunza and Dornan? All the time we have these negative MSPs which we never seem to get feedback from the club on. Brand protection and vilification of fans important - tell a lie often enough ..

David Graham - we hold media to account, all we do has best of Rangwrs at heart - balance and fairness is all we look for. 1986 when I was born David Holmes the then chairman wa complaining about same thing. Our response is long term process and probably best more scalpel than chainsaw.

Because those who want it want it moved to behind the goals which wound mean moving loads of those who don’t which gives the Club a headache they don’t want.
If it’s going to be in BF it would need to be the whole of BF not just the middle section otherwise it would block views etc. the issue of moving UB centrally although related should not stand in the way of safe standing

Interested at reading the board's reaction to the Safe Standing question, of course it's the usual fob off of it whenever it has been brought up.

In addition, the 'mixed reaction' part is not true
It’s an absolute shambles, there’s not even a safety risk. It’s actually more safer with rails stopping folk from going into the row in front of them. We’re falling behind English clubs who have it, even Killie have a Safe Standing section…

It really is an issue of non importance in the wider scheme of things considering where the club has been over the last 10 years.

This will likely costs millions and it’s money we don’t have. Not sure what is hard to understand about that.

I would rather the new manager gets the money in January and we go on and win the league.

Folk stand anyway.

I love our board, I’d rather them than Newcastle’s new owners, I couldn’t imagine us in safer hands.

It appears there’s a real lack of appetite for safe standing though, no movement for years.

In that case, UB and crucially the wider Broomloan Collective, should start standing for 90 minutes of every match in protest. Our own make-shift safe standing section until it’s implemented properly.
Yes, it’ll cause fuss from some initially, but that’ll only create more awareness for the campaign.
Rangers come before any individual.

That’s the quickest way to ensure safe standing- Action. Without it, we’re going nowhere fast.
Make it happen. @Broomloan

Safe standing isn't a priority because it isn't a priority - it actually isn't. It would be a desirable 'nice to have'...all of the 'nice to haves' should be on the pitch, not off it in the current climate.

Priorities relating to attendance should be wholly focussed on finding a ground-breaking way to increase our capacity by a meaningful number.

Somewhat surprising that the club even need to emphasise how far down the priority list it is.

If our finances were wildly different and everything else was up to scratch then I'd understand.

Back