Would you be upset at having to move for safe standing?

Would you move seats

• Total voters
To answer your question asked in your first post then,

"I sit in main rear so won't affect me but tell me how the match day atmosphere will be much better?" (with safe standing)

It HELPS because it offers a greater sense of occasion and meaning to some and generates a more charged and tense atmosphere, demonstrated by the section who currently do stand, sing and create atmosphere v the rest of the stadium which very rarely does. A decent justification for a standing section would be to remove the UB for a few weeks and see what games were like.

"it offers a greater sense of occasion and meaning to some" - please define "some" - is that some covered by only the Union Bears, or are you talking about perhaps 10%, or 25% or 50% of the fans who attend Ibrox on match day?

"and generates a more charged and tense atmosphere" - not it doesn't - those things are generated by the sense of occasion, the opposition and what is happening on the pitch. A bigger opposition support also helps charge the atmosphere like we see at away matches.

A decent justification for a standing section would be to remove the UB for a few weeks and see what games were like. - it is not up for debate that the Union Bears generate the a constant and welcome noise at games (apart from the bo66y sands/1ra stuff) - that will be the case whether we are all standing or sitting.

Edinburgh City in three fourth tier are now in the process of getting Safe-Standing

So now we have embarrassing spectacle of Rangers falling behind Kilmarnock and Edinburgh City on the horizon.

"As the negotiations have progressed, we are excited to confirm that an agreement has been reached in principle that would allow the club to build a second stand on the North side of the pitch, subject to obtaining planning permission. The proposed structure will have both seated and safe standing sections and will be able to accommodate up to 1500 supporters. In addition to the planning application, this element of the project is currently going through the tendering and design process; we will reveal more information as soon as we are able."

None of these clubs have the problem of all their current seats being sold out as season tickets.

If you were asked a straight question 'for or against safe standing' Im guessing you would say against. That demonstrates why the club shouldn't be looking to a majority throughout the stadium.

This is not a criticism of you in any way and I might be wrong in my assumption.

You can't ask it as a straight question though.

In general I would like it as part of the stadium. Would I like a season ticket in it? No, as its likely to be behind the goal and I don't like watching the game from there. Would I buy a ticket for that area for the occasional game? Probably

If I sat in copland front , which is the area its likely to be if it ever happened, then I would be happy to be moved to the Broomloan front. But I guess not everybody with a ST in the Broomloan front would want to move to the standing section, so there might not be availability for everybody in copland front to be moved to that section. If I couldn't be moved to Broomloan front due to that, then I wouldn't be happy if I ended up needing to pay more for a season ticket for another section of the ground.

Also who would get priority for the tickets in that section. The people who currently sit in it or the people that want to move to it? it's likely it would be oversubscribed. I dont know the exact capacity for that area, but say there is 5k seats in copland front. 8k want to be in the section from around the stadium, and 4k of them are already ticket holders in the copland front. How do the tickets get allocated? That's just numbers plucked from thin air by the way, just to illustrate the point.

Its far far from being able to be asked as a straight question.

It's not my seat it belongs to the club. Providing I was offered an exchange (of equal quality) I'd move to accomodate safe standing. I say that because I know so many want it but personally I'm not sure it would actually make the atmosphere any better.

"it offers a greater sense of occasion and meaning to some" - please define "some" - is that some covered by only the Union Bears, or are you talking about perhaps 10%, or 25% or 50% of the fans who attend Ibrox on match day?

"and generates a more charged and tense atmosphere" - not it doesn't - those things are generated by the sense of occasion, the opposition and what is happening on the pitch. A bigger opposition support also helps charge the atmosphere like we see at away matches.

A decent justification for a standing section would be to remove the UB for a few weeks and see what games were like. - it is not up for debate that the Union Bears generate the a constant and welcome noise at games (apart from the bo66y sands/1ra stuff) - that will be the case whether we are all standing or sitting.

Unsure re numbers, away games and Hampden suggest there is a decent % want to stand at games, it is clear there is an interest in it, to dismiss that there is interest in it is every bit as odd as the idea of those who dismiss those attached to a seat TBH, there is momentum in the want to stand among more than just Rangers fans at the moment, clearly, or sides wouldn't be looking to introduce it.

Factoring in those that stand at away games (it isn't JUST those in BF1 who drive the rest of the support to stand at away games) those in GF1 will often stand during the game, and those who are placed in back rows and last rows at the end of the enclosure take the chance to stand pretty quick during a game rather than be seated, I would suggest there is the interest in it for it to merit a pretty decent discussion TBH.

If fans standing were going to be more vocal (see UB) it evidently would generate a more charged and tense atmosphere, the general reaction of the club and players to the UB shows this, the club have allowed the UB into the changing room with the trophy, the Captain and ex manager have on more than one occasion openly approached that particular section of the fans and interact with them in a way they don't others in the ground, that is clearly in part thanks to the more charged atmosphere they create, that could then go hand in hand with what happens on the park, if that then goes on the park it then goes back into the stands.

There is a reason the likes of Bassey windmill his arms when he comes back on the park, or Barisic encourages more support when taking corners.

The UB very rarely make any form of mention about Bobby Sands or the IRA at games, why you have made that reference is quite odd BTW.

If you are of the view an atmosphere can be generated the same when people sit as they do when they stand, why then do people not remain seated when they celebrate or when they join in with songs, the UB are our most vocal support, yet they do this from a standing position not a seated one, same applies with the away support.

It's called the bouncy BTW because it engages people and is interactive, it's not the sitty.

You have asked for reasons re standing sections and the want for it yet seem pretty dismissive of what it can offer TBH, it is kind of clear it's just not for you, but it is though clear is it is for a fair few others.

RE the general split and seating of the ground,

I have been in a position this season where I have been letting others use my ST this season and moving around the ground a few times with match tickets.

It is pretty clear from moving around their are pockets all around the ground who have a far deeper desire and want to stand and sing more often than those around them do

Very often in the stadium pockets will stand, break out to song and it falls flat on it's arse pretty quickly as a result of minimal participation around those who do try and do that, if those fans were placed together (who want to stand and sing) it would clearly drive a more intense atmosphere than the regular burst of the first few words of a song then a sort of..... of f*ck it's just me, no one else has bothered to stand or sing, I will pack it in then as often happens just now.

It would probably increase the experience for those who just aren't that arsed with those who want to stand and sing TBH

The general interaction between UB and those in the SW4 and SW5 is again groups of fans who if all placed in one section would be of benefit.

You really don't seem into the idea fans might just want to stand at our games and the idea that it could be beneficial to atmosphere, despite, as it currently STANDS most of the atmosphere being driven from the section of the stadium that does just that while in other sections of the ground, it is often difficult for it to become charged that often at all TBH

Last edited:
It’s amazing how they can be selective in thinking about fans who’s seats may need to be relocated.

Yet don’t give a %^*& about seeing to better disabled facilities. Everyone anyone eh

They use the guise of moving fans as an excuse to hide behind not wanting it to happen

And that’s from somebody who’s no dog in the race as to what I’d rather have

Been in the same seat for 34 years, would I give up my piece of plastic to pyro lighting, snowball throwing neds - let me think :cool:

I hate sitting behind the goal in any stadium so I don’t mind if it goes ahead in the Broomloan or the Copland or both.

The the best atmosphere at non-Rangers games I've been to were both in safe-standing sections in Germany (HSV and Fortuna). Everyone was singing, everyone had big smiles on their faces. I can't wait to go back and do it again. These were both for standard Bundesliga matches.

The last Old firm game at Ibrox, I had a guy two rows in front of me refused to sit. So 4-5 guys behind him stood, 10 or so people in my row had to stand, the old guys behind me were moaning all the way through the game. When he did sit down so did most of the rest of us. Then he would stand. Looking across the rest of the Govan rear, this was happening all over.
For whatever reason, when everyone is sitting, the songs don't last very long. I am in no doubt that if everyone who wanted to stand and sing were given the chance to, Ibrox would have more atmosphere, and not just for the big games or for 15 minute spells.

Unsure re numbers, away games and Hampden suggest there is a decent % want to stand at games, it is clear there is an interest in it, to dismiss that there is interest in it is every bit as odd as the idea of those who dismiss those attached to a seat TBH, there is momentum in the want to stand among more than just Rangers fans at the moment, clearly, or sides wouldn't be looking to introduce it.

Factoring in those that stand at away games (it isn't JUST those in BF1 who drive the rest of the support to stand at away games) those in GF1 will often stand during the game, and those who are placed in back rows and last rows at the end of the enclosure take the chance to stand pretty quick during a game rather than be seated, I would suggest there is the interest in it for it to merit a pretty decent discussion TBH.

If fans standing were going to be more vocal (see UB) it evidently would generate a more charged and tense atmosphere, the general reaction of the club and players to the UB shows this, the club have allowed the UB into the changing room with the trophy, the Captain and ex manager have on more than one occasion openly approached that particular section of the fans and interact with them in a way they don't others in the ground, that is clearly in part thanks to the more charged atmosphere they create, that could then go hand in hand with what happens on the park, if that then goes on the park it then goes back into the stands.

There is a reason the likes of Bassey windmill his arms when he comes back on the park, or Barisic encourages more support when taking corners.

The UB very rarely make any form of mention about Bobby Sands or the IRA at games, why you have made that reference is quite odd BTW.

If you are of the view an atmosphere can be generated the same when people sit as they do when they stand, why then do people not remain seated when they celebrate or when they join in with songs, the UB are our most vocal support, yet they do this from a standing position not a seated one, same applies with the away support.

It's called the bouncy BTW because it engages people and is interactive, it's not the sitty.

You have asked for reasons re standing sections and the want for it yet seem pretty dismissive of what it can offer TBH, it is kind of clear it's just not for you, but it is though clear is it is for a fair few others.

RE the general split and seating of the ground,

I have been in a position this season where I have been letting others use my ST this season and moving around the ground a few times with match tickets.

It is pretty clear from moving around their are pockets all around the ground who have a far deeper desire and want to stand and sing more often than those around them do

Very often in the stadium pockets will stand, break out to song and it falls flat on it's arse pretty quickly as a result of minimal participation around those who do try and do that, if those fans were placed together (who want to stand and sing) it would clearly drive a more intense atmosphere than the regular burst of the first few words of a song then a sort of..... of f*ck it's just me, no one else has bothered to stand or sing, I will pack it in then as often happens just now.

It would probably increase the experience for those who just aren't that arsed with those who want to stand and sing TBH

The general interaction between UB and those in the SW4 and SW5 is again groups of fans who if all placed in one section would be of benefit.

You really don't seem into the idea fans might just want to stand at our games and the idea that it could be beneficial to atmosphere, despite, as it currently STANDS most of the atmosphere being driven from the section of the stadium that does just that while in other sections of the ground, it is often difficult for it to become charged that often at all TBH

OK firstly, just in case there is a misunderstanding I am not dismissing the idea. I understand there is a fair bit of support for the idea among football fans.

I am open to a discussion on the matter - thus the conversation we are having - however I would like some firm numbers who support the idea so we know what percentage of the home support are interested.

The UB create a welcome atmosphere (again removing the non footballing references) though I would argue that it is not a charged or tense atmosphere. That really only comes when at high profile games, when there is a sizable opposing support or the action on the pitch is intense. For me the UB create a celebratory atmosphere rather than a charged/tense one, singing about our our current team, our history and they provide a colourful spectacle which is fantastic.

Am sorry mate but this is simply not true and I will call you out on that. Every home game there is reference to BS and the IRA - I would reckon failure to accept that would prove to be a sticking point during any negotiations with the club.

If people want to get up and sing at matches then they will do just that. If people want to get up and do the bouncy(which I have been doing for decades BTW) then they will do just that. How does a safe standing area encourage that? I don't remember a massive bouncy when we were all standing at Somerset Park and the likes.

It is not a case of being dismissive of safe standing - I am looking for real evidence that it will improve the overall atmosphere, that it is worth the investment of ripping up the seats in a specific area of the stadium and putting in a standing area, that fans who are being moved to accommodate such an area are being listened to and and their opinions are taken into account. That fans who go into the new standing area know their responsibilities and accept the rules set by the club.

These pockets of fans you talk about could all be moved closer to BF1 so they are around like minded fans and they can all stand and generate a greater atmosphere - I think that would be a good start and if it works then the case for a safe standing area in a more prominent area of the stadium becomes stronger.

Been in the same seat for 34 years, would I give up my piece of plastic to pyro lighting, snowball throwing neds - let me think :cool:

Ive been going to Ibrox longer than you. Ive never used pyro or thrown snowballs. Am I right in assuming you dont even sit in the BF but here you are passing judgement on fellow fans like you're some paragon of virtue. Your post is disgusting.

It would not involve me I wouldn’t want to be part of it but the more I hear and see the atmosphere the U.B.s create the more I am convinced it should happen,
The new songs and displays they have came up with have been superb they deserve to be encouraged and rewarded for their efforts.

Absolutely nothing to do with that. Boring, ill-informed argument

So what about the rest of the fans that sing questionable songs at away games? Have BF1 to take the blame for their actions?
The argument is that standing would mean more singing. We had fans walking through Glasgow singing a song deemed racist weeks ago so the club probably aren’t going to be desperate to encourage it and bring even more of a spotlight onto the singing.

Our away support is 2nd to none. Big reason for this is full away end standing for 90 mins singing, so a safe standing section at Ibrox would go a long way to improving our home atmosphere

Looks like the majority don’t want to move for it going by the poll results.
Thankfully like Twitter, FF and any other social media platform you can imagine, the opinions and views on here are mostly wild and not a true reflection of most subjects. I wouldn't be using it as any real guage of reality.

No one in the support owns their plastic seat, the club do. If the board had the foresight, baws and incentive of increasing either prices and/or capacity to integrate it, they could easily make the full Copland front a safe standing section and have Ibrox as noisy and impressive as our away support consistently is the length of the country and beyond.

Last edited:
The argument is that standing would mean more singing. We had fans walking through Glasgow singing a song deemed racist weeks ago so the club probably aren’t going to be desperate to encourage it and bring even more of a spotlight onto the singing.
Again, it’s a boring argument. You’d think the UB/BF1 are the only fans that have ever sung dodgy songs

Presumably you’ve never been on a European away trip?

Again, it’s a boring argument. You’d think the UB/BF1 are the only fans that have ever sung dodgy songs

Presumably you’ve never been on a European away trip?
It might be boring but it’s probably correct. And it’s not an argument against anything, it’s just pointing out why the club probably isn’t desperate to have it.

No idea what away in Europe has to do with it.
We had sections closed due to songs away in Europe. It all adds up to why the club probably aren’t desperate to be seen to be pandering to those fans. Imagine we’d left the nonsense behind a decade ago.

It might be boring but it’s probably correct. And it’s not an argument against anything, it’s just pointing out why the club probably isn’t desperate to have it.

No idea what away in Europe has to do with it.
My point is, it’s not just UB/BF1 that have ever sung questionable songs yet people, like yourself, somehow believe it’s a possible argument against safe standing

My ST is in BF1 yet I’ve heard more questionable songs at away games/euro trips than I ever have in BF1. So I’m unsure how the incident you point to could ever be a barrier to safe standing

My point is, it’s not just UB/BF1 that have ever sung questionable songs yet people, like yourself, somehow believe it’s a possible argument against safe standing

My ST is in BF1 yet I’ve heard more questionable songs at away games/euro trips than I ever have in BF1. So I’m unsure how the incident you point to could ever be a barrier to safe standing
Ive added to my post which kind of contradicts your assumption about “people like myself”.

Ive added to my post which kind of contradicts your assumption about “people like myself”.
Just read it there, agree that I’d rather see certain things parked.

However, see whenever a questionable song is sung, it’s always “big, bad UB”. People quick to turn a blind eye to large swathes of our support singing TBB against Celtic at Ibrox or when the full rangers end was singing it in semi finals against Celtic at hampden

So if it’s to do with questionable songs (which rarely get sung by BF1 btw as the capo usually downs it out) then the club need to think more holistically than just looking at UB/BF1

Just read it there, agree that I’d rather see certain things parked.

However, see whenever a questionable song is sung, it’s always “big, bad UB”. People quick to turn a blind eye to large swathes of our support singing TBB against Celtic at Ibrox or when the full rangers end was singing it in semi finals against Celtic at hampden

So if it’s to do with questionable songs (which rarely get sung by BF1 btw as the capo usually downs it out) then the club need to think more holistically than just looking at UB/BF1
People say the stadium is silent except for the UB and safe standing would make more people sing. So if people are going to put the singing on the UB then the singing is on the UB when it’s being discussed. They were filmed walking through Glasgow singing the famine song.
People can’t say the UB are the only ones who sing then say it wasn’t them singing because they don’t sing that, while there’s also videos of them walking through Glasgow singing that.

People say the stadium is silent except for the UB and safe standing would make more people sing. So if people are going to put the singing on the UB then the singing is on the UB when it’s being discussed. They were filmed walking through Glasgow singing the famine song.
People can’t say the UB are the only ones who sing then say it wasn’t them singing because they don’t sing that, while there’s also videos of them walking through Glasgow singing that.
I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing here. Re the 29th August, it was utter stupidity doing that in public but I’d be willing to wager £ on similar/worse being sung on the subway/RSCs going to the game. I’m not going to be a hypocrite and slaughter them for it because I know they’re not the only ones that do it

However, your overarching point is somehow linking their behaviour to the club having a get-out for not giving them safe standing as you think they can’t be trusted. Everyone, Anyone campaign was introduced because of Rangers fans singing questionable songs as a whole, not just UB/BF1

I’d say the UB have actually done a good job shifting the songs away from TBB/Famine song/Super Rangers/NPOR etc, albeit there’s still some songs that could be eradicated too. I’ve stood in BF1 since it’s inception and I honestly can’t think of 1 instance where any of the above songs were started by the UB or old TBO capo. Genuinely not once

I do agree that the 29th August wasn’t a good look for the club but do you honestly genuinely believe that’s a barrier to safe standing? As I said previously, there’s worse sung at away/euro away games.

Just finally, I do find it hard to believe the club are in any way against the UB/BF1 when they’re quick enough to use their chants/tifos/pics of the section for marketing purposes; can’t have it both ways.

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing here. Re the 29th August, it was utter stupidity doing that in public but I’d be willing to wager £ on similar/worse being sung on the subway/RSCs going to the game. I’m not going to be a hypocrite and slaughter them for it because I know they’re not the only ones that do it

However, your overarching point is somehow linking their behaviour to the club having a get-out for not giving them safe standing as you think they can’t be trusted. Everyone, Anyone campaign was introduced because of Rangers fans singing questionable songs as a whole, not just UB/BF1

I’d say the UB have actually done a good job shifting the songs away from TBB/Famine song/Super Rangers/NPOR etc, albeit there’s still some songs that could be eradicated too. I’ve stood in BF1 since it’s inception and I honestly can’t think of 1 instance where any of the above songs were started by the UB or old TBO capo. Genuinely not once

I do agree that the 29th August wasn’t a good look for the club but do you honestly genuinely believe that’s a barrier to safe standing? As I said previously, there’s worse sung at away/euro away games.

Just finally, I do find it hard to believe the club are in any way against the UB/BF1 when they’re quick enough to use their chants/tifos/pics of the section for marketing purposes; can’t have it both ways.
The club doesn’t need a get out. If they don’t want to do it, they won’t do it. What I’m saying is that one of the reasons they probably aren’t desperate for it is that some Rangers fans still sing nonsense, embarrass the club and get us sanctions. It doesn’t matter which fans or if they’re part of a group. People say safe standing will mean more Rangers fans singing. Logic says if there’s more singing then there’s more chance of nonsense songs.

The club doesn’t need a get out. If they don’t want to do it, they won’t do it. What I’m saying is that one of the reasons they probably aren’t desperate for it is that some Rangers fans still sing nonsense, embarrass the club and get us sanctions. It doesn’t matter which fans or if they’re part of a group. People say safe standing will mean more Rangers fans singing. Logic says if there’s more singing then there’s more chance of nonsense songs.
Ok, can you provide me examples of when questionable songs have been sung at Ibrox in recent years?

You’ll be hard pushed because they don’t get sung anymore, and definitely not started by UB

If it was say Copland front

All current seat holders get the option to remain

If they want a move others can offer a seat swap it’s then up to them if they accept or not

Ok, can you provide me examples of when questionable songs have been sung at Ibrox in recent years?

You’ll be hard pushed because they don’t get sung anymore, and definitely not started by UB
No because it’s besides the point. But it definitely does happen and yes, far less often than in years gone by.

No because it’s besides the point. But it definitely does happen and yes, far less often than in years gone by.
It’s not besides the point but re the last part or your second sentence - that is down to the work the UB do as the banned songs don’t get started by them or their capo

Not that people seem to care about facts because they’d rather have scapegoats. Just to clarify, I’m not UB and never have been

maybe I’m wrong. But I don’t believe the club when they say it isn’t overwhelming support for it.

A small percentage would be against it. But I don’t know any bear who isn’t for it
I agree with this point. I feel it’s pretty obvious that the board are just using the small number of people who have voiced concerns over having to move seat as a convenient excuse for not implementing safe standing. I suspect they just don’t want it in any shape or form, I’ve always thought this. If we ever get it we will be one of the last stadiums in Europe to do so.

I'm in the Club Deck close enough to see and hear the U.B.s,The accusations of questionable songs are a bit unfair they have created some really great songs and chants over the last few seasons and are a credit to the club,I hope they get their safe standing and and expand their numbers,The position of it might be difficult but for me they deserve it and if i was 40 years younger i would love to be right in the middle of it.

If it’s the Copland front where I sit I’d only be swapping a seat for my spot to stand up which I would much prefer to do if given the choice. Sadly we heard what was said at the recent AGM that it’s not a priority or even on the club’s agenda but I can understand why as there has been more pressing matters to attend to in the grand scheme of things since the good guys wrestled control of the club from the spivs.

In all honesty the current size and configuration of the stadium doesn’t really satisfy the various considerations which I believe are important regarding this matter which are: How many STHs would be affected?
How many current STHs want to stand?
What size would the standing area be?
Is it worth doing it if it’s only going to be a small section?
Where is the very best location for a standing area in terms of exposure, noise
levels and display?

I think this matter should be put aside for now and only discussed in relation to future increased stadium capacity which isn’t really on the club’s agenda either at this moment in time and may not for quite some time but I have always wanted Ibrox to have a larger capacity and a safe standing area but not a half hearted small one which could be stuck in a corner out the way.

Instead IMO the entire Sandy Jardine front and even including both corners would be magnificent but the stadium capacity would have to increase by at least 5k to make that possible as there’s no way with the current 50k capacity the club would move fans who have sat in seats for decades and with no reasonable alternative for those affected by a new safe standing area.

For me the stadium doesn’t require a full rebuild, it just needs demolishing one stand...the Sandy Jardine / Govan stand and building a new one adding at the very least an extra 5 thousand seats and leaving the bottom tier for the safe standing which would be front and centre improving the atmosphere considerably and be big enough to satisfy the demand I believe is already there and making it the best in Scotland and one of the best in Europe...that’s what I expect of Rangers Football Club.

It’s not besides the point but re the last part or your second sentence - that is down to the work the UB do as the banned songs don’t get started by them or their capo

Not that people seem to care about facts because they’d rather have scapegoats. Just to clarify, I’m not UB and never have been
It is besides the point. We had a section closed a couple of seasons ago and fans walking through Glasgow singing a song deemed racist. The fact it’s happening is likely a reason the club isn’t desperate for safe standing. It doesn’t matter if the people doing it are in a group with a name.

The U.B.s seem to be doing their best to promote a better selection of more acceptable songs and filtering out the more offensive.
They cannot be held responsible for songs that srart in other parts of the stadium or out in the streetsMaybe thats why they should be expanded at least it would make fans feel they have some responsibility to behave.

I watched the whole Broomloan front yesterday from my seat in the main stand. Nearly everyone was standing at various points throughout the game. At the end of the day, the seat belongs to the club. We only rent it, season after season. There's no argument should the club say that they are moving to safe standing. There will be plenty of people who will take a seat in there imo. I think that there's scope for mutual swapping but I totally get the social aspect.

It is besides the point. We had a section closed a couple of seasons ago and fans walking through Glasgow singing a song deemed racist. The fact it’s happening is likely a reason the club isn’t desperate for safe standing. It doesn’t matter if the people doing it are in a group with a name.
That's actually quite unfair. The UB actively try and promote a more Rangers themed song book. Away from home it's the absolute over excited day trippers that start their pish. At the game against the Tims the whole stadium was belting out follow follow and super Rangers. This narrative that they are all things naughty and sectarian isn't the reality. We need to embrace change. For billing ourselves as the premier club in Scotland we are incredibly amateurish in progressive new ideas.

I watched the whole Broomloan front yesterday from my seat in the main stand. Nearly everyone was standing at various points throughout the game. At the end of the day, the seat belongs to the club. We only rent it, season after season. There's no argument should the club say that they are moving to safe standing. There will be plenty of people who will take a seat in there imo. I think that there's scope for mutual swapping but I totally get the social aspect.
Better Safe Standing than unsafe Standidng,I think there is more chance of injuries the way it is at the moment,Those who want to stand can do it safely those who want to sit like me can do so,Choice is the thing.

That's actually quite unfair. The UB actively try and promote a more Rangers themed song book. Away from home it's the absolute over excited day trippers that start their pish. At the game against the Tims the whole stadium was belting out follow follow and super Rangers. This narrative that they are all things naughty and sectarian isn't the reality. We need to embrace change. For billing ourselves as the premier club in Scotland we are incredibly amateurish in progressive new ideas.
What’s unfair? I said it doesn’t matter who it is or if they’re part of a group with a name, it makes no difference to the point that the club probably isn’t desperate for more singing given what’s happened recently.

It was @Aww Skew who was asking for examples of when songs were heard at Ibrox.

What’s unfair? I said it doesn’t matter who it is or if they’re part of a group with a name, it makes no difference to the point that the club probably isn’t desperate for more singing given what’s happened recently.

I don't think it's anything to do with singing. Our songbook is, and continues to be at Ibrox, almost exemplary. Away from home absolutely not. I think it's financial and sometimes a "thumbing of the nose" at the UB in particular. We seem incapable of change. Our support is ferocious at times. The whole idea of the Broomloan collective will eventually show the board that safe standing is the only option. Our safety certificate relies on supporters seated. The board can stick their head in the sand, but it will come imo.

It’s unfair that because the U.B.s as the only recognizable fan group they get the blame for inappropriate songs.

I don't think it's anything to do with singing. Our songbook is, and continues to be at Ibrox, almost exemplary. Away from home absolutely not. I think it's financial and sometimes a "thumbing of the nose" at the UB in particular. We seem incapable of change. Our support is ferocious at times. The whole idea of the Broomloan collective will eventually show the board that safe standing is the only option. Our safety certificate relies on supporters seated. The board can stick their head in the sand, but it will come imo.
I think it’s more to do with finance than anything else. The board are putting millions of £ in and we’re trying to rebuild the football side. I don’t think any of us can really moan about the board choosing to do that.

The other stuff will come into consideration more when we’re in a better position financially to do it. Let’s hope when that time comes we’re not still talking about how many weeks it’s been since songs were heard and we can say it’s been years.

I think it’s more to do with finance than anything else. The board are putting millions of £ in and we’re trying to rebuild the football side. I don’t think any of us can really moan about the board choosing to do that.

The other stuff will come into consideration more when we’re in a better position financially to do it. Let’s hope when that time comes we’re not still talking about how many weeks it’s been since songs were heard and we can say it’s been years.
Give people that want to move into a safe standing section the option to cover implementation costs. I’d pay double my ST as a one off to cover the implementation for my seat

It’s unfair that because the U.B.s as the only recognizable fan group they get the blame for inappropriate songs.
How is that unfair of me when I specifically said it didn’t matter if they’re part of a group? I can’t do anything about you assuming it’s the UB.

Give people that want to move into a safe standing section the option to cover implementation costs. I’d pay double my ST as a one off to cover the implementation for my seat
And that’s when we get to my second paragraph.

And that’s when we get to my second paragraph.
So ultimately it’s nothing to do with finances then, in your opinion? As there’s fans that would pay to cover their spot and there would be fundraising done for it - the club really wouldn’t need to fund it at all

So ultimately it’s nothing to do with finances then, in your opinion? As there’s fans that would pay to cover their spot and there would be fundraising done for it - the club really wouldn’t need to fund it at all
I suspect the club have had other stuff to concentrate on. They’d need to look into fans financing it. So I suppose it becomes a chicken and egg thing. Why put time and resources into surveying fans to see if they’ll finance something they might not be keen on for some other reasons anyway? Either way, maybe people could leave the nonsense behind because it embarrasses and harms the club?

Back