The Only Thing Dodgy About the Penalty was the ref’s hesitation

Tormusk1872

The hesitation shown by Beaton to award it. I thought he was going to let it go, he obviously knew that he would be pillared by everybody and their granny if he gave it and he therefore gave it a moment or two thought before pointing to the spot. Correct decision and we’ll done to him.

The hesitation shown by Beaton to award it. I thought he was going to let it go, he obviously knew that he would be pillared by everybody and their granny if he gave it and he therefore gave it a moment or two thought before pointing to the spot. Correct decision and we’ll done to him.
Atleast he took a few seconds to think about it in the past he rushed his decisions and got it wrong

He’s been in a very similar position before, Morelos vs Aberdeen, just as close to it and got it wrong. I thought he was getting ready to do it all over again.

I understand your point but it shows you where we are at when we are saying well done to this guy for not cheating us yet again.

Last edited:
Probably the best domestic refereeing performance we've seen this season. Fair play to him.

That's the thing about Beaton - he can go from top refereeing one game to the most atrocious, amateur, downright dangerous performance the next. Think he could be a top ref if he had the benefit of full time in this country. As it stands he's so wildly inconsistent he can't be trusted.

It's a change from his usual cowardly decisions. Free kick on penalty box line v Aberdeen to completely ignoring some stonewallers

Jack Ross says “it’s soft, I would be looking to get it if it was my team, but Kent went down too easy, I’m disappointed the ref gave it” . Make your mind up ffs.

Agreed felt like forever waiting on him pointing to the spot. Made the correct call I the end.

It’s funny to think that Porteous told himself that wasnt a foul there’s something of a void in his brain I think . He challenged Kent when the ball was about half a yard to his left and challenged left to right ie entirely off line and off balance .

Is he the type of guy that would go round the doors asking folk for there empties

Funnily enough when the teams were coming back out for the second half Beaton came out of the tunnel laughing along with Porteous. I thought, I wonder what the contentious decision will be with Porteous in this half and who’ll be laughing. Sure as fate he’s involved again.

It was the Scottish Government, that were to blame, for the, hesitancy LOL

" Scottish football needs VAR "

Words you won't hear in regards to our penalty last night

His hesitation reminded me of the Aberdeen away game a couple of seasons ago where he gave it outside the box!

Jack Ross says “it’s soft, I would be looking to get it if it was my team, but Kent went down too easy, I’m disappointed the ref gave it” . Make your mind up ffs.
Of course if it were Boyle he’d still be rolling around! A soft penalty is one where it’s difficult to tell the contact. There’s no disputing he left his leg in and took Kent down. Just cause he didn’t wipe him out doesn’t mean it’s soft!

Back