Hibs forum

It’s becoming more prevalent to discuss decisions favouring Rangers for days after the event. Even if those decisions are stonewallers.

The very same media will not do the same with regards to decisions like Livi being denied a clear penalty against Celtic, or Kyogo going down like he’s been on the end of a Stone Cold Stunner.

Cousin was at the game last night, deluded Hivs fan however he said can have no complaints, was a stonewall penalty, reckons Porteous pulled away but contact was made before which is in effect a penalty, hard or soft boiled we all know the rest.... people like half a heid Hartson give the harbourers a platform to empty their tears, media latch onto clownshoes like him and Sutton... their pain is my joy.

Revisit their forum in a few days.

After Porteous red card, a lot of them in their forum were saying red. It was once the media narrative started an injustice campaign the majority of them started acting the victim.

Even those who say it was a pen, are still crying corruption as we got a throw in when we shouldn’t etc.

I was sitting in the main stand at Easter Road last night surrounded mainly by Hibs fans and there were no complaints at the penalty.

I hate any players diving, even ours and I actually thought Kent had cheated for the penalty on the first two views but once you see it from behind the goals it was 100% a penalty. Once you see it from that angle no-one can seriously defend the view that it wasn't.

The penalty last night reminded me of Andy Walker years ago when we played at Hamilton (I think) one day.
Hamilton got a penalty and it was soft but Walker says "as a striker as soon as you feel contact you have to go down and the onus is on the defender to prevent contact and not give the ref a decision" about an hour later we get a penalty, Walker went mental saying the striker should be staying on his feet and basically inferring he was a cheat.
That is the media folks, if it's at Rangers detriment it's all rosey, if it benefits us it's all cheating.

Any other team in the country gets that decision and nobody in the media would question it.

Yes, the whole Rangers Get Help From Referees stuff is beggar paranoia, yes it helps sell papers. But it has a bigger purpose, to put pressure on officials not to give us anything as they know they risk becoming a target for the nutters.

Not to derail the thread, but has anyone noticed, that when Morelos has been accused of diving during a game, the opponents circle him, eyes bulging, screaming at him, demanding action from the ref, yet when Furuhashi does his Tom Daley's, not the same reaction. Strange!

At the end of the day, they would rather have won the League Cup semi and we would rather have the 3 points.

Tells you all you need to know about the difference of the clubs.

Back