Player ratings tonight

Super-Swally

Shagger - 7 (not much to do)
Tav - 6
Goldson - 6 (great goal denying clearance, passing atrocious)
Bassey - 7
Barasic - 6
Davis - 5 ( not his best, poor decision making)
Kamara - 6
Aribo - 7
Kent - 5 (frustrating night but did well for the pen)
Hagi - 6
Morelos - 5 (horrendous sitter on 44mins)

Roofe - 8 (match winner, composed pen)
Arfield - 8 (great drive and determination, rejuvenated the midfield)
Lundstram - 4 (not poor, just not on the pitch long enough)

What were your marks out of 10?

WATP.

Tav - 6
Bassey - 7
Barasic - 6
Kamara - 6
Aribo - 7
Hagi - 6

WATP.

I love him but greegs nearly cost a few from punching baws that I'd float back to my boy

Tav - 6
Bassey - 7
Barasic - 6
Kamara - 6
Aribo - 7
Hagi - 6

WATP.

Not really sure how McGregor gets a 7 for doing nothing yet others are 5s and 6s?

There was one in the first half, it eventually lead to nothing, but Tom and Gordon both questioned why he never caught it rather than punching it as it seemed easier to catch it.

The both came to the conclusion the ball may have been wet and slippy so punching was safer.
There were a few and here is one that wasn’t?

5 for Kent seems harsh. He had the early second half shot just over and the later one the keeper saved, albeit routinely. Then he won the penalty. He was a threat especially second half even if he didn't have his best game.
Kent was exactly what Kent is.
Lots didn’t work for him but was still our most dangerous player, working the keeper more than any others and creating problems for their defence including winning the critical penalty award.

I love him but greegs nearly cost a few from punching baws that I'd float back to my boy
I know he’s not fond of crosses but he had 2 easy ones where he elected to punch both with 2 hands, if you can get two fists on a ball you can catch it, mcgregor knows this.

Thought Kent and Hagi were quite poor but maybe they are being asked to play it a bit different and it will take time.

Flapping and punching crosses that an average goalie could catch.

Totally agree. I don’t know why he practices catching crosses pre match as he refuses to try and catch anything during the game. I counted three easy catches last night that he punched. The flapping must make the defenders job a lot harder

I agree with the assessment of McGregor and crossing, a few in the first half were just a bit ridiculous, one in particular when he had all the space and time in the world to make a catch and just punched it right in the air.

Kent was exactly what Kent is.
Lots didn’t work for him but was still our most dangerous player, working the keeper more than any others and creating problems for their defence including winning the critical penalty award.
That's why Kent has to stay on the park in tight games. No matter how well/poorly he's playing, he has the ability to turn the game in a split second.

I agree with the assessment of McGregor and crossing, a few in the first half were just a bit ridiculous, one in particular when he had all the space and time in the world to make a catch and just punched it right in the air.
Its also good to call Allan by his real name.
Its a cringe when some use the other .

Shagger - 7
Tav - 6
Goldson - 6
Bassey - 7
Barasic - 6
Davis - 5 (terrible)
Kamara - 5 (terrible and constantly back the way)
Aribo - 6
Kent - 6
Hagi - 5 (anonymous)
Morelos - 4 (less said the better)

Roofe - 7 (got the winner)
Arfield - 7 (came on and constantly wanted to drive forward)

WATP.
My marks

I think you could say that about our entire team last night, so sloppy when we had the ball but c'mon everybody, that was a fantastic 3 points. Reminded me of quite a few games on the road to 55 where we didn't play great but the team spirit dragged us over the line, it's what winners do!
Oh and re the Op I thought Borna had his best game this season, particularly late on where he made some crucial tackles and interceptions!

Aribo started really well but 2nd half was anonymous. Tend to find that with him. Most of the players were poor 2nd half.

That's why Kent has to stay on the park in tight games. No matter how well/poorly he's playing, he has the ability to turn the game in a split second.
Scott Wright can do similar and sometimes better off the bench tbh, Kent was lucky to stay on the park, although his improvement in the last 20 minutes might have kept him on.

Aribo had a strange performance, glimpses of brilliance but like everyone else he was cheap in possession at times and faded in-and-out the game. Tav had a quiet game which was strange, even when he's playing poorly he's rarely quiet, did what he could with brick-boots Hagi in-front of him.

Overall, I think everyone would be better off just moving on with the 3 points and forgetting about that performance.

McGregor - 7
Tav - 7.5
Goldson - 8
Bassey - 8
Barisic - 8
Davis - 6
Kamara - 6
Aribo - 7
Kent - 6.5
Hagi - 6
Morelos - 6

Roofe - 8
Arfield - 8
Lundstram - n/a

Some harsh numbers there. I thought Kent was ok, created a few good chances, tracked back a lot to cover.
I paused on clip on the highlights and hibs have 10 players in the box. That's extremely difficult to breakdown. We were 'poor' because hibs threw everything at it, bullied us and beaton was weak with his cards. Recycling the ball is nasty, hopefully Gio and the team can make changes like tonight to change games like this, earlier rather than later. Arfield was hungry when he came on, his form is getting better each week!

McGregor 6 - little to do but did fine with most of what he had.

Tavernier 7.5 - defended well, never let Hibs in behind on his side. Didn't get forward as he usually does.

Goldson 7.5 - Good and bad at times. Some very good defensive moments but a few lapses in possession could have cost us.

Bassey 8 - Got into good positions and won everything he went for.

Barisic 8 - Same as Tav, solid from a defensive point of view without being as attacking as normal. Had a brilliant block that rescued one of Goldson's mistakes.

Davis 5 - Really poor by his standards. Passing erratic, caught dallying on ball a few times.

Kamara 7 - A good performance overall, mostly kept it simple and had one good driving run through midfield.

Aribo 6.5 - Some moments of real skill but like the other forward players was guilty of being loose in possession at times.

Kent 6 - Had a very poor first half where he ran up blind alleys or gave ball away cheaply and started second half that way with 3 counter attacks breaking down with him. Improved in last 20/25 minutes and won penalty.

Hagi 5.5 - One or two decent moments but also a lot of the frustrating Hagi where he can't make a 5 yard pass. Surprised he last the 90 minutes.

Morelos 6 - Some good link up and movement in first half but missed big chance. Disappeared after half time but lacked service.

Here's the Aribo hater again. What is it with you? Every single person on this board thinks he's been POTY so far except you. I know you know nothing about football but this is ridiculous. Is it a racial thing?
Steady on that’s a bit of a statement your making there.

I know he’s not fond of crosses but he had 2 easy ones where he elected to punch both with 2 hands, if you can get two fists on a ball you can catch it, mcgregor knows this.
Apart from spherical and made of leather, how was the ball?
Any chance it was a bit slippy?

Shagger - 6 (Didn't really have much to do)
Tav - 6
Goldson - 5 (Done the basics of defending reasonably enough but distribution was terrible)
Bassey - 6 (Dona the basics well and reasonably composed with ball)
Barasic - 6 (solid and steady. Offered little going forward though)
Davis - 5
Kamara - 6 (prob the best of a bad bunch)
Aribo - 4 (looked like he had turned up for sunday fives after a night on p!ss)
Kent - 5 (winning pen was about only thing that he did well)
Hagi - 5 (lots of workrate but little in the way of effective creativitiy)
Morelos - 4 (Slack passing as per usual, fluffed the limited chances he did get)

Roofe - 7 (assured, composed and dynamic - should start over Morelos right night)
Arfield - 7 (energy, drive and composure. Made an impact)
Lundstram - 4 (nothing of note to say)

Greegsy - 7 Competent
Tav - 5 Right back defensive position gives me the fear
Goldson - 6 Poor passing, although defensively better
Bassey - 6 Did fine
Barasic - 7 A bit better from him
Davis - 5 Poor by his standards
Kamara - 7 Probably best on the night
Aribo - 6 Couple of decent moments
Kent - 6 Not back to his best although still dangerous
Hagi - 5 The conundrum continues. Too slow
Morelos - 5 Not doing enough in the right areas. Drifting wide far too much

Roofe - 6 Did well, good link up. Cool pen.
Arfield - 7 Carried a threat
Lundstram - 5 Tactical sub, little time on pitch

Summary - Must do better !!

Greegsy - 7 Competent
Tav - 5 Right back defensive position gives me the fear
Goldson - 6 Poor passing, although defensively better
Bassey - 6 Did fine
Barasic - 7 A bit better from him
Davis - 5 Poor by his standards
Kamara - 7 Probably best on the night
Aribo - 6 Couple of decent moments
Kent - 6 Not back to his best although still dangerous
Hagi - 5 The conundrum continues. Too slow
Morelos - 5 Not doing enough in the right areas. Drifting wide far too much

Roofe - 6 Did well, good link up. Cool pen.
Arfield - 7 Carried a threat
Lundstram - 5 Tactical sub, little time on pitch

Summary - Must do better !!

Out of interest why was Tav the lowest rated player for you last night? What did he do wrong exactly?

Out of interest why was Tav the lowest rated player for you last night? What did he do wrong exactly?
In my opinion, every time Hibs attacked the right back position they got a cross in / dangerous situation.

Back