Scott Wright

I thought he was brilliant today,maybe overdid it on a couple of occasions which is understandable for someone who hasn't had much game time.He reminded me of Willie Hendrrson in full flow.
Spot on he was excellent but just has to improve his decision making when to release and when he's bet the player once no need to go back a 2nd time. He needs to learn that fast.

His energy, pace and enthusiasm is electric and will change and win games imo.....

His career so far at Rangers can be summed up by the phrase “Close but no cigar”

Some great work spoiled by the end product.

Spot on he was excellent but just has to improve his decision making when to release and when he's bet the player once no need to go back a 2nd time. He needs to learn that fast.

His energy, pace and enthusiasm is electric and will change and win games imo.....
His pace was exciting, but more often that not he took the wrong option and ran the ball out of play.

I believe he will be a very good Rangers player but he undid the good parts of his game today by over doing it, not releasing the ball sooner and running the ball off the park.

If we can polish his decision making and final ball in the last 3rd he will be a very dangerous player. Right now he is just an impact sub with bags of pace to run at tired defenders.

He will benefit from the keep it simple mantra, too many times he overdoes it.

Use his pace to get by put a cross in

Simple

Too may on here right him off as not good enough but I think he’s done well when he’s had game time.
Gio looks as though he’ll be smarter about rotating players, he’s one I’d like to see get more starts before jumping to conclusions.

I thought he was brilliant today,maybe overdid it on a couple of occasions which is understandable for someone who hasn't had much game time.He reminded me of Willie Hendrrson in full flow.
With 4 weeks to go we have a late entry for worst post of the year.

Thought he looked really good and desperate to impress the new management, if coached correctly he could actually have a much bigger role than he currently has with us.

Hopefully he can improve his numbers and and consistency to start producing a little more because his pace, dribbling and desire can make him a very good player imo.

Don't agree - there is a player there. He can be very dangerous. We don't give players a chance.

Sure, some of them go on to poor levels but what could they have achieved working alongside Rangers players and coaches like Gio?
I agree right length of studs and we will eventually find a player! He’s rapid!

Terrorised the Dundee defence,won balls he had no right to ,gave defenders 5 yards start and breezed by them.No idea what the * comment is about.

The * part was just a joking way of saying that I was checking SofaScore. Wasn't a dig or anything like that. :)

I was quite impressed by Wright when he came on, doing what you say. But I was talking about end product, which to me is scoring or creating and I don't think he did that today.

He is one of those players who looks like he is doing something when he isn't.

Lively but goes nowhere.

In a couple of months he will get another half hour and look lively and go nowhere and we will have another thread on him.

He's got good skill on the ball, great pace to run at tired defences, and is taking up very little of our wage bill.

Ultimately he's not good enough to be a starter, but we need a certain amount of Scottish players for our European squads and until we can bring through better attackers, he's very useful to have around. His end product will improve with more game time and coaching.

Too may on here right him off as not good enough but I think he’s done well when he’s had game time.
Gio looks as though he’ll be smarter about rotating players, he’s one I’d like to see get more starts before jumping to conclusions.
I like the fact Gio seems to mix up his subs a lot more depending on the opponent and match situation

Not got go to subs late in the game like some managers do. Always the same players at the same sort of time in a match

Back