Gerrard's interview with Carragher

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
Can’t stand either of them

Then maybe don’t watch it then? :D

Cheers for posting OP. Disappointed in Gerrard leaving but my feelings have eased over the past few weeks. Starting to think it was best for both parties that we went our separate ways… can’t deny he done a good job though, we’re light years ahead of where we were when he took over.

shrug-alan-partridge.gif

Are we going to have a thread every time Gerrard farts? Let it go, people.

Then maybe don’t watch it then? :D

Cheers for posting OP. Disappointed in Gerrard leaving but my feelings have eased over the past few weeks. Starting to think it was best for both parties that we went our separate ways… can’t deny he done a good job though, we’re light years ahead of where we were when he took over.
Yeah, SG was good for Rangers, but I think the timing was right for both as it did look as if he & us were getting a bit stale together. GVB could well turn out to be a better manager, time will tell, but he seems to have got a reaction from a few players that, as I said, were going stale.

There was little chance he would turn down the Villa job & I honestly cannot blame him at all for taking it - getting a good Premiership job, much more money in his pocket, much more money to spend on transfers, & closer to home.

The problem is not working for Rangers, it's working in Scotland that drives players south - anyone worth their salt would get fed up with it.

Wont be watching, dont speak Parseltongue. Only kiddin, good luck to him. I am grateful for what he done and wish him all the best. Everyone will accept it in time and look back fondly, just takes time.

I was disappointed at his midnight flitting but I`m more than happy at Ranger's response. Steven is gone and Gio is here. The past is the past, the present and the future are more important. I genuinely think we have got the better deal. Best of luck to him and all the backroom guys Villa but my interest will always be Rangers and we move onwards and upwards.

I bear no ill feeling. It's football. He came here and improved probably beyond our expectations. We all knew he would leave, it's the manner in which it happened.

I was looking forward to hearing his side of things. I'm sure there will be more things to come out through time.

Now, it's all about Gio. I'm more than happy he is here. If anything, what happened may be a blessing.

Yeah, SG was good for Rangers, but I think the timing was right for both as it did look as if he & us were getting a bit stale together. GVB could well turn out to be a better manager, time will tell, but he seems to have got a reaction from a few players that, as I said, were going stale.

There was little chance he would turn down the Villa job & I honestly cannot blame him at all for taking it - getting a good Premiership job, much more money in his pocket, much more money to spend on transfers, & closer to home.

The problem is not working for Rangers, it's working in Scotland that drives players south - anyone worth their salt would get fed up with it.
Steven Gerrard did us a good turn by delivering 55. He was always going to go back to England at some stage and good luck to him. While I agree that on the face of it, early to mid season is not the best time to leave, it might well be the best thing for us in that in Gio we have a new manager with a whole new football philosophy that will hopefully deliver 56. That'll be very sweet indeed.

He's clearly going to treat his managerial career very differently from his playing career. Basically saying he stayed at Liverpool when he didn't want to (we all knew that though)

We've replaced him with an experienced manager who knows Rangers, have to feel we've came out of it well

Still leaves a bitter taste though

That was always gonna happen, an interview before a sky game with his best pal Carra. Hopefully that's the last we hear from him now and we move on .

Back