Club Statement on Lyon

Unfortunately UEFA’s authority is limited to football and doesn’t trump any government.

The French government have been acting like scumbags when engaging with any British organisation since brexit.
They can still take action against Lyon; force them to play it behind closed doors as away supporters have been banned and/or find them for failing to fulfil their duties as the host club.

Probably bitterness over Brexit, complete arseholes
Aye that's exactly what it is fs

This is shocking though. Just another prime example of football fans being treated like shit the world over. Feel for the staff at our club who will inevitably get it in the neck over this from one or two morons.

They very reason I didn’t bother booking any trips. Feel for those that did.

Reactions: VGM
That's a joke. Be as well not allowing home fans in but I bet they'll all be there...

Why are the French acting like this 'festival of light' has just sprung up all of a sudden and they didn't know about it at all?!
I blame Brexit and the French being French. I wouldn’t imagine they could have stopped anyone from traveling if we were sti in the EU

Not really Lyon's fault if its the police / government telling them they can't do it.

A couple of seasons back Police Scotland limited away supports at European games. Rapid and Spartak had their allocations cut because of it.
It’s not Lyon’s fault per say but I doubt they are particularly bothered. The point is why is it the away fans being denied entry . Why not 2000 home fans. They are either capable of policing the game or they arnt and if they arnt it should be behind closed doors. It’s clear they don’t want folk to travel but they have left that to late . Anyone that has booked by now will likely still travel especially since refunds will be near impossible at this stage

Home end loyal it is then!
Seen a good few people selling their home end tickets on here, I am assuming they got away end tickets.
Still going to be thousands of bears travelling.

Unfortunately UEFA’s authority is limited to football and doesn’t trump any government.

The French government have been acting like scumbags when engaging with any British organisation since brexit.
They can’t reverse the decision but they can force the entire game to be behind closed doors costing Lyon money from the ticket sales they will be need to refund

Home end loyal it is then!
Seen a good few people selling their home end tickets on here, I am assuming they got away end tickets.
Still going to be thousands of bears travelling.
Doubt it. Most were on official and SO flights which won't travel.

French scumbags…

Hope bears still going light off pyrotechnics and smoke bombs in a coordinated time frame in the middle of their festival of shite!

They can still take action against Lyon; force them to play it behind closed doors as away supporters have been banned and/or find them for failing to fulfil their duties as the host club.
They can’t reverse the decision but they can force the entire game to be behind closed doors costing Lyon money from the ticket sales they will be need to refund

They could but imagine the riot if the reverse happened. Sturgeon turns round 3 days before our match and says no away supporters, then UEFA tell Rangers there are no home supporters then. The fight is with the French authorities and not Lyon as they were willing to offer an allocation.

Feel for those who were all booked up, the whole thing has been a farce since the start, fans once again getting treated like crap.

Shocking decision so late

Festival of Lights does happen each year at the same time so if a problem why didn't the French Police ask UEFA not to schedule a game

I smell merde

They could but imagine the riot if the reverse happened. Sturgeon turns round 3 days before our match and says no away supporters, then UEFA tell Rangers there are no home supporters then. The fight is with the French authorities and not Lyon as they were willing to offer an allocation.
If the festival and lack of police is the issue then Lyon should have raised this with the authorities and asked UEFA to reschedule the match.

If the authorities gave them assurances that the match could go on then Lyon need to go public with this.

Surrender bastards in deed, Take any city of a decent size it will have numerous events all shapes and sizes happening while a european sized event is happening after all it's only one football match, not a tournament with umpteen teams and 100,000s of fans staying.

Shocking decision so late

Festival of Lights does happen each year at the same time so if a problem why didn't the French Police ask UEFA not to schedule a game

I smell merde

If this was anything to do with the Festival of Lights why did Lyon not simply ask Rangers to swap home / away legs when the draw was made.

I've been jumping through "hoops" to travel to this as an Indy Supporter but I now admit defeat.

Scunnered.

The UEFA Regulations state:

Home clubs must make at least 5% of the total approved UEFA capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. Tickets for that area must be sold in compliance with the provisions of Article 20 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations. In no case, however, shall the price of those tickets for visiting supporters exceed €45. In addition, visiting clubs are entitled to purchase 200 top-category tickets for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc., but they are not obliged to take the full allocation (see Articles 17 and 25 of the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations and Article 19 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations).

Visiting clubs must, where relevant, sell their tickets by zone in order to facilitate the reallocation of unsold tickets. Visiting clubs which have requested an allocation of tickets for the whole or part of the segregated area may return any unused tickets to the home club without payment up to seven days prior to the match. After this deadline the visiting club must pay for the whole allocation, irrespective of whether all the tickets have been sold.

The home club may reallocate tickets returned or not requested by the visiting club provided that all safety and security measures (as mentioned in the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations) are respected and that such tickets are not reallocated to supporters of the visiting club.

The official UEFA representatives and at least 20 representatives of the visiting club and its association must be provided with complimentary top-category seats (and associated hospitality) in the VIP sector.

All visiting team ticket allocations and ticketing arrangements, except those related to the ticket price cap for visiting supporter tickets, may be altered by written agreement between the two clubs concerned.

If, for whatever reason, Lyon don't allow that 5% they are in breach of article 38. they could invoke Art 83 or the special Covid provisions

Article 83 Unforeseen circumstances​

Any matters not provided for in these regulations, such as cases of force majeure, will be decided by the UEFA Emergency Panel or, if not possible due to time constraints, by the UEFA President or, in his absence, by the UEFA General Secretary. Such decisions are final.

Article 84 Non-compliance​

Non-compliance with the obligations set out in these regulations may lead to disciplinary measures in accordance with the UEFA Statutes, the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations and the Procedural rules governing the UEFA Club Financial Control Body.

Covid:

Been a shambles from start to finish this
If you could choose one country in the whole world to sacrifice, and save everyone else from Covid, which country would you choose and why France?

My understanding is all resources have been piled into halting any potential Islamist terrorist threat at the festival.

And they don’t have the resources to police Rangers fans also.

Surprised they didn't prioritise Rangers fans as being the bigger threat :rolleyes:

If I don’t get my cash back for this cancellation then Copenhagen and Lyon has cost me more than my season ticket
Crap mate tbh thats why i never bothered doing any euro aways this year its just all a clusterfeck.

My understanding is all resources have been piled into halting any potential Islamist terrorist threat at the festival.

And they don’t have the resources to police Rangers fans also.
If true, then they would have known that last week, or last month, or last year even. Absolutely no justification for this decision at this moment in time -it could have been taken ages ago. In fact, given their Festival of Light is on 8 Dec EVERY year the match could even have been rescheduled to an alternative date weeks ago.

C*nts are at it.

Total shambles . It’s normally their air traffic controllers going on strike that mess up our trips but this a joke wae 3 days to go surely they could’ve cancelled this a few weeks back

Fuckin raging at this as it’s far too late to cancel the flights and the hotel now as would still be charged the full amount. Disgraceful to say the least!

Clearly the thought of seeing lots of union jacks and hearing ‘God save the Queen’ belted out in a French football ground was too much for the Muppet who is the interior minister of the country with their hatred of Brexir.

Lyon should have liaised with them when the tie was made, as they would have known full well this festival would have had an impact, and if the authorities weren't capable of hosting both Lyon could have asked for it to be rescheduled.

Lyon the club are not blameless.
Not sure I agree. It’s like us being in the same position and then the police here or the Government making a decision we can’t overrule. It’s the authorities that are to blame rather than the club IMO and there’s no way the club are going to be forced to forfeit the game for it.

So French police are too busy battering people in festivals. Gotcha...

Absolute fuckin joke.

Back