Knock me down with a feather Dorman calls them out

Shankillglenmen

DISGRACEFUL

Celtic fans labelled ’embarrassing’ by SNP MSP for singing ‘chants of hate’ at ex-Rangers star Kris Boyd​

A TOP Holyrood politician has branded Celtic supporters who sang "chants of hate" at Kris Boyd "embarrassing".

The former Rangers star was targeted with sectarian abuse during Celtic’s match at Dundee United, as he was in the studio for Sky Sports covering the game.
A number of people in the Celtic section could be seen gesturing towards the outdoor media gantry while singing “you’re just a fat Orange b******”.

Dornan, the SNP MSP for Glasgow Cathcart, is a supporter of the Parkhead club himself.

He said a "small group" of fans are spoiling the experience of watching Celtic at the moment as he urged supporters to ditch songs connected to the IRA, politics and "religious hatred".

Dornan said via his Twitter account: "I'm loving watching Celtic FC just now, exciting team and a manager who wants the game played with speed and ingenuity, so what can spoil it, a small but vocal group of fans, that's what.
For the last few weeks listening to Celtic at away games has been embarrassing.

"Celtic are a Scottish team with a proud Irish background, something we should be happy to celebrate. However we are not the sporting division of Ireland's struggle for reunification, which I believe in, but is for the Irish to decide and will be a political not sporting decision."And seriously, what was that sectarian bile towards Kris Boyd about. I know he's an ex-Rangers player but in no way does that, or anything else, justify those disgraceful chants towards him yesterday. We can't accuse others of religious hatred if we're doing the same thing.
"Also, how does this do anything to support the team? It seems to me that there's a group of supporters who think they are the entertainment and arbiters of what makes a 'good' Celtic supporter. Let's rally round the Bhoys & stop singing IRA songs and chants of hate. Hail Hail.

During the coverage, Sky presenter Mark Benstead apologised for the incident on air, saying: “Apologies if you can pick up any bad language behind us at the moment."

And Boyd added: "It is nice to see my supporters club are in today. I am really enjoying it."
Dornan previously had to apologise over comments he made to Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg.

He was slammed for saying Tory bigwig Rees-Mogg would "rot in hell" over comments the UK Government minister made about an immigr

The tweets were ludicrous and actually further highlighted how much of a maggot he is.

"I know he's an ex Rangers player" as if Boyd somehow brings it on by that simple fact and regular abuse is cool.

"WE can't accuse OTHERS" i.e. it's not about actually tackling sectarianism on both sides, it's about using it as a stick to beat the OTHER lot with. In other words, wise up bhoys and keep it for the slophouses and buses.

He's a disgrace.

"Small but vocal group"... :rolleyes:

Dornan is an IRA fanboy, nothing more and nothing less than another useless mouth.

Deep down I bet boydy is loving the fact he lives rent free in their heads. Still doesn’t excuse the fact that they sang what they did yet we mention the f word at all then it’s as if the whole world is for ending.

I know if I was a famous footballer/pundit I’d love them to hate me as much as they hate Boyd B-)

Never ever be fooled by him as he is a proven liar who throws shite at a wall knowing it will stick and become fact.
All he has done here is what any normal person should do in his position but he has motives , the people that should be pulling them up is Cabinet ministers as was done when Lennon was being abused

Virtually the whole game "Merry Christmas Fu-- the huns was sung. Well, at least to the second goal. I switched off when that went in.

Call it what it is Dornan.

It’s vile anti-protestant bigotry and anti-British racism.

You’ve been told by your pals Haggerty, Findlay, and Call It Out to stop using the term sectarian so lets not start now because the abuse happens to be directed towards a different demographic.

Anti-protestant bigotry and anti-British racism are rife amongst their support so lets indeed call it out properly.

They are even back singing Roamin in the Gloamin at games ffs.

When it's us it's "Ranger's fans", when it's them it's a small minority. He literally pads his criticism with praise.

This is nothing more than weak attempt at appearing impartial.

Remember, this is the guy who blocked a child abuse victim for asking for justice. He always has been and always will be a bigot. Not fit for office, not fit for humanity!

Boyd saying “I’m really enjoying it” is clearly a dig at Walker saying “he loves it”. No doubt this’ll just be Dornan setting the scene for an attack on us. Let’s hope people don’t make it easy for him.

He tweeted the following the game:

“No time for any of this and I called out the GB the other week for the same stuff. They're meant to be there to support their team, not convinced singing songs about Ireland does that. Never heard any sectarian or religious chants though.”

Yes, the man who hears sectarian chants when there isn’t. And doesn’t hear them when there is.

A cretin.

I dont trust this creature one iota and the bit about we can't accuse others if we're doing it says it all.

Our song book is much improved but that mutant won't say that.

Appeasement bullshit not meant as anything other than a token gesture

Exactly this. He isn’t calling anything out. He’s politely asking the scum away fans to tone it done as this doesn’t all look too good and he can’t very well get tore into Rangers and use all his political allies to cause as much damage to our reputation as possible if they’re carrying on like that.

It also allows him to conveniently trot out his usual “see, I condemned that poor behaviour” when he’s called out on his clear double standards.

In % terms of those present, a tiny amount of Rangers fans act like ar*eholes and we’ve got this clown going to every media outlet that’ll have him. He’ll rope in the the witch that’s making an atrocious attempt at running the country. A dozen Clydesdales couldn’t drag Yousless away from sticking his oar in.

Statements from Crankie. Questions and motions in Holyrood. Demands for arrests. False accusations with promises of apologies if proven wrong… which never materialise. CCTV footage of supporters faces plastered across social media and TV. Police task forces set up to scour every minute of CCTV available. Roping in local authorities. charities and religious organisations that are dependent on SG funding to do them a favour and read off a prepared script which trashes the club and it’s support. One after the other. Day after day to keep the sh*t storm in the headlines.

So the scale of his supposed condemnation of the sectarian singing aimed at Boyd is virtually inconsequential compared to the sh*t storm that’s very deliberately stirred up in a clearly coordinated manner anytime a rangers supporter so much as drops some litter.

Last edited:
Back