Jesus Christ! Now Dave King wants the club to love Club 1872 and let Chris Sutton back in!

mdingwall

Administrator
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/spor...nduct-lifts-lid-Ibrox-board-battle-club-1872/

DAVE KING has warned supporters have no way of challenging the Rangers board after a complete breakdown in the relationship between Club 1872 and the Ibrox hierarchy.

And the former Light Blues chairman has accused Gers chiefs of behaviour that is 'unbecoming' of the club after raising concerns over how the champions are being run behind the scenes.

Herald and Times Sport revealed last week that King had used his major shareholding in RIFC plc to vote against the reappointment of Graeme Park - the son of Ibrox chairman Douglas Park - to the board at the Annual General Meeting.

Park Jnr retained his boardroom seat despite losing the support of King's 15.4 per cent stake as deputy chairman John Bennett and Alistair Johnston were also re-elected with overwhelming majorities.
King has insisted that he had a 'fiduciary duty' and 'continuing moral obligation' to vote against Park and Resolution Eight - which deals with the issue of new share capital - ahead of the AGM last Tuesday.

And he would later express his concern at what he views as the 'disconnect' between Rangers and member organisation Club 1872 as relations have soured even further in recent times.
"Club 1872 had been instrumental in supporting me to achieve regime change and deserved ongoing recognition and loyalty from the Club in return," King said.
"However, after I stepped down from the board there was an immediate reversal by the Club of the strong, frank and transparent relationship that I had built with Club 1872.
"At regime change, the relationship between supporters and the Club was at an all-time low. I promised to change that - and it was changed.
"Club 1872 was a big part of that because it represented thousands of shareholders and, in turn, communicated with tens of thousands more.
"The Club’s unwarranted unilateral withdrawal from its relationship with Club 1872 has left supporters with no effective avenue to challenge the Club in situations where challenge is warranted."

[?]

King and Club 1872 agreed a potential £13million share deal last year that could see supporters become the largest shareholders in Rangers and give them a significant say in the running of their club.
The South Africa-based businessman also raised hope that Club 1872 could one day have a representative around the Ibrox top table to ensure fans have a voice at boardroom level.
But that prospect now appears forlorn as links between Rangers and the supporter organisation have deteriorated almost beyond repair after questions were raised over the champions’ relationship with Sports Direct last season.
"That was always my intention, but it is not something the present leadership supports," King said when asked if that possibility was now as far away as ever and probably never likely under the current board. "So, it won’t happen any time soon."
Club 1872 control a 4.71 per cent stake in Rangers but have come in for criticism during what King labelled as a 'coordinated attack' earlier this season following friction with key figures at Ibrox.
The ongoing dispute with Club 1872 is one of several battles that Rangers are involved in off the park as new boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst seeks to defend their Premiership title this term.
The champions became embroiled in a legal challenge with the SPFL over their multi-million pound sponsorship deal with cinch earlier this season.

Rangers have also moved to alter their working relationship with sections of the Press and have twice denied Chris Sutton, the former Celtic striker, access to Ibrox to cover Europa League fixtures for BT Sport.
"All it needs is for Stewart and Douglas to start giving supporters and Club 1872 the respect they deserve and reopening constructive dialogue with them," King said when asked what needs to happen for the relationship between Club 1872 and Rangers to be repaired.
"The idea that the Club can silence challenging supporters, reporters and regulatory authorities is not only wrong, it is completely unbecoming of Rangers.
"Rangers should be a leader in standing up for individual rights and opinions - even if they don’t agree with them.
"I have not been the beneficiary of kind comment from Chris Sutton but I would never even remotely consider the possibility of banishing him from our stadium and using untenable health and safety arguments as justification. We should be bigger than that."
Herald and Times Sport approached Rangers for comment on Monday evening.

Linky no worky, but if the content is as per your title i don't think i'll need to read it. Why can we not have 6 months without courtroom or boardroom drama.

But i can access it from my quote of your link B-D

Time the current board made Mr King an offer for his shares and allowed him to go back to focusing on his South African business interests.

I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for what he has done in saving the club but it's almost like he's acting the spoilt child now and doesn't like being out of the spotlight.

Time the current board made Mr King an offer for his shares and allowed him to go back to focusing on his South African business interests.

I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for what he has done in saving the club but it's almost like he's acting the spoilt child now and doesn't like being out of the spotlight.
Your first point is what he is hoping for imo. I would not be surprised if there is scare stories out soon about who might buy his shares.

No idea what he’s up to here. If it’s the relationship with c1872 he’s bothered about then he’d be best using his contacts with c1872 to change it to become palatable with fans again. I don’t really want to start feeling hostile but the road he’s going down is very odd.

sounds all very much now like he has tried to call the clubs bluff to his advantage, the club has taken away the need for his money, and it’s now petted lip time. Nothing he is doing or saying is going to help club 1872s rudderless effort towards buying his shares. They should be the first on the phone to him asking him to stop talking

King is really not doing himself any favours with these continued outbursts.

The presence and influence of the shadowy Club 1872 director, Chris Graham, is utterly toxic.

I’m not sure what King is trying to achieve here.
There is zero chance Club 1872 in its toxic form will ever get the cash to buy him out.

It’s all very strange.

Your first point is what he is hoping for imo. I would not be surprised if there is scare stories out soon about who might buy his shares.

I am going to assume that you are 100% correct in your thinking as Mr. Dingwall has liked the post. It's a good job Dave King doesn't like Ashley or he would be the first cab off the rank in the scare stories bonanza. I'm sure our gutter press will have plenty more lined up right enough.

Is club1872 the crux of the tension between King and the Parks then? If King is sincere about wanting the fans to have a voice, then i appreciate it. However, i dont believe club 1872 should be anywhere near the board in its current guise. Its as opaque as King claims the board are, maybe even more so.

I do wish King would, "read the room", on this. The fans are weary from years of off-field discussion. Things are going right and we would much rather be discussing the on field situation and how well Gio is doing.

Getting a bit sick of hearing how it was c1872 that got rid of the spivs and how that somehow the club should be forever grateful.

What exactly are they meant to have done that other fans who boycotted didn't do?

King is really not doing himself any favours with these continued outbursts.

The presence and influence of the shadowy Club 1872 director, Chris Graham, is utterly toxic.

I’m not sure what King is trying to achieve here.
There is zero chance Club 1872 in its toxic form will ever get the cash to buy him out.

It’s all very strange.
That's what's maybe concerning him & he's using his profile to try & drum up support. I hope so anyway as otherwise it just seems like mischief making.

Wasn't Club 1872 formed AFTER regime change ?

It's obvious that his end game is for Club 1872 to pony up for his shares and in return he'll humbly accept their nomination as their representitive on the Rangers board should it ever happen.
14 months after the EGM.

Reactions: SDF
Dave please don’t undermine your good name. You want to sell up and move on, that means you need to keep your mouth shut and allow the others the freedom to get on with things. If you feel you need to keep influence don’t sell and keep investing.

Guys a midden irrespective of the good work he done with the takeover
Too far. Much too far.

But I agree with the consensus that this is all very unseemly. C1872 are clearly the problem and DK clearly wants to sell his shareholding. The board want the latitude to continue to invest in new shares. That’s the issue for DK.

But spare the abuse, he’s still got massive credit in the bank even if this is tarnishing his standing.

King is damaging his reputation with this pish , he’s in cuckoo land if he thinks club1872 is going to be a success anytime in the near future.

He likes a bit of friction in his life does Mr King must be a Castlemilk thing;).
Love what he done for us so this is a sad state of affairs

happy-days-the-fonz.gif

“The idea that the club can silence challenging supporters, reporters and regulatory authorities is not only wrong, it is completely unbecoming of Rangers."

I mean where do you start with this?

Back