Jesus Christ! Now Dave King wants the club to love Club 1872 and let Chris Sutton back in!

So he’s criticising the decision to get rid of Chris Graham which led to 1872 taking to huff with the club and acting out.

And also the media decision which previously was under his ally Jim Traynor.

Funny that isn’t it?

Getting a bit sick of hearing how it was c1872 that got rid of the spivs and how that somehow the club should be forever grateful.

What exactly are they meant to have done that other fans who boycotted didn't do?
Club 1872 wasn;t even formed when we had regime change, getting really pissed of at the amount of lies coming from the King / 1872 mouthpieces

Thanks for everything Dave but it's quiet time

Then nap time

Think the guy doesn't know how to not be in a fight of some sort

Time the current board made Mr King an offer for his shares and allowed him to go back to focusing on his South African business interests.

I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for what he has done in saving the club but it's almost like he's acting the spoilt child now and doesn't like being out of the spotlight.
Current board should focus on the finances of the club and winning 56. Dave King’s antics are an annoyance but nothing else.

He's exhibiting the same amount of class as two people in an acrimonious divorce. King gives zero fucks to relationship with fans as long as he gets his rand back.

Time the current board made Mr King an offer for his shares and allowed him to go back to focusing on his South African business interests.

I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for what he has done in saving the club but it's almost like he's acting the spoilt child now and doesn't like being out of the spotlight.
No, King can package his shares into smaller parcels and sell to fans / other investors. Our current board are funding what they need to fund....that's not King.

OK, so let's strip away the papers writings. Not for any case other than for the direct words to be looked upon without article authors surrounding text.

"Club 1872 had been instrumental in supporting me to achieve regime change and deserved ongoing recognition and loyalty from the Club in return," King said.

"However, after I stepped down from the board there was an immediate reversal by the Club of the strong, frank and transparent relationship that I had built with Club 1872.

"At regime change, the relationship between supporters and the Club was at an all-time low. I promised to change that - and it was changed.

"Club 1872 was a big part of that because it represented thousands of shareholders and, in turn, communicated with tens of thousands more.

"The Club’s unwarranted unilateral withdrawal from its relationship with Club 1872 has left supporters with no effective avenue to challenge the Club in situations where challenge is warranted."

"That was always my intention, but it is not something the present leadership supports,"
King said when asked if that possibility was now as far away as ever and probably never likely under the current board. "So, it won’t happen any time soon."

"All it needs is for Stewart and Douglas to start giving supporters and Club 1872 the respect they deserve and reopening constructive dialogue with them," King said when asked what needs to happen for the relationship between Club 1872 and Rangers to be repaired.

"The idea that the Club can silence challenging supporters, reporters and regulatory authorities is not only wrong, it is completely unbecoming of Rangers.

"Rangers should be a leader in standing up for individual rights and opinions - even if they don’t agree with them.

"I have not been the beneficiary of kind comment from Chris Sutton but I would never even remotely consider the possibility of banishing him from our stadium and using untenable health and safety arguments as justification. We should be bigger than that."

It says it all about the current state of Club1872 that someone who isn’t a member seems to have more influence than the actual bloody paying members!

Those who were the most influential in the fans groups that led to regime change are disenfranchised from Club 1872.

Those in with them weren’t at the forefront of fan ownership.

Someone is trying to set a narrative

The problem is with Club 1872.

Not the Rangers board.

Club 1872 needs a total clear out and new strategy going forward.
The problem is Mr King is failing to realise just how toxic C1872 is to the fans right now.

You can throw a dead horse at someone all you like but it’s still dead.

All this is King trying to galvanise a support around C1872 so it is easier to get his money back.

Sorry to have to tell him until the current board members and perhaps some shadow members leave, it will remain that way

Exceptionally grateful for all he did to get us our club back but it looks like his decision to retreat from the limelight isn’t suiting him now.

King is really not doing himself any favours with these continued outbursts.

The presence and influence of the shadowy Club 1872 director, Chris Graham, is utterly toxic.

I’m not sure what King is trying to achieve here.
There is zero chance Club 1872 in its toxic form will ever get the cash to buy him out.

It’s all very strange.
He still thinks club 1872 are his vehicle to recoup some of his investment, unfortunately for him they're nowhere near being able to be in a position to do so.

It says it all about the current state of Club1872 that someone who isn’t a member seems to have more influence than the actual bloody paying members!
They only care about Dave’s approval

This group with thousands of members had less than people at their only meeting of the year than attends a kids amateur game. They have lost it and need to get a grip

"Rangers should be a leader in standing up for individual rights and opinions - even if they don’t agree with them."

Aye, okay Dave.

We have serious enemies in Scotland you know.
He forgot the part that says Rangers should also stand up for themselves and have a spine

No, King can package his shares into smaller parcels and sell to fans / other investors. Our current board are funding what they need to fund....that's not King.

That's the board choice, additional shares may appeal to some of the current board.

Even if Club 1872 did manage to raise the funds to buy Kings shares, then what? They have absolutely nothing to offer the club.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he sold his shares to someone that's not connected with the club and could be a nightmare to work with just to be awkward and piss the current board off

Exactly. The dilution of shares is inevitable due to the finances and that has fundamentally caught out the 1862 strategy and DK ability to get his cash back. He needs to let go as he did great things. Just keep your shares Dave and that way they are in good hands 1872 money can be used to buy new shares next time around.

There is no upside for us having the likes of Sutton or Lennon inside Ibrox during Uefa games. It can only lead to problems for us.

King fails to grasp the scale of the disconnect between the current Club1872 board and the broader fanbase. That's what needs sorted if King is to have any chance of selling his shares to C1872.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he sold his shares to someone that's not connected with the club and could be a nightmare to work with just to be awkward and piss the current board off
He’s always wanted his money back but he needs to walk away now with his legacy in tact.

Banning pundits is embrassing he is correct there.

We laugh them at them hating Boyd. Yet we banned Sutton from our ground.
Boyd bigs up Rangers, that’s why he sticks out.

The goat fella bigs up his team and never tires of digging at Rangers. His ban was long overdue

Put us in a position to win titles and don't run the club into the ground, that's all I ask from a Rangers board. I'm not particularly interested in select senior members of a fan group being on any board, or allowing wanks like Sutton to spout his garbage and expect to roll up to Ibrox and get the red carpet treatment.

Hmmmm

Again, he has an issue with the board but isn’t quite saying it.

Completely ignoring previous incidents, which are record and can’t be denied, such as formations of 1872 and him not being involved in banning journalists.

He’s not winning fans for 1872 here.

Surely a man of his experience must know C1872 are never getting enough money to buy his shares, at least in its current form?!

And on the Sutton issue, that smacks of the dignified silence we’ve suffered for years. Coincides with DK’s times as director too.

So massively removed from supports current feelings

He deserves so much respect but his legacy is being tarnished everytime he speaks

In my humble opinion he is far from reality of the situation and that’s sad to say

What’s his total shareholding?

65,000,000 shares? Probably have to pay 20/25p a share.

£13-16m.

Wonder if the others could find a way?

What's the end game here? Rattle enough cages in order to find himself a buyer from elsewhere? Trying to bait current board members into buying them off of him? Or does he genuinely believe this tactic will work?

DK will always be remembered for bringing the club back to what it should be. And his idea of fan ownership blocking future spivs is completely sound on paper and done with the best intentions. But he is letting himself down here.

1) We don’t wash our dirty linen in public, that is not the Rangers way. Especially not to the Daily Record. He should know better.

2) Those in charge of Club 1872 have lost all credibility. Change is required for the idea of partial fan ownership to have a chance of succeeding, if that is even deemed the best way forward.

3) Dave has always been bullish and completely out of touch with the average working Rangers fan, even from the very start. You could imagine having a pint and chat with Donald Park or John Gilligan, but Dave King would always be on a completely different wavelength to most people.

What’s his total shareholding?

65,000,000 shares? Probably have to pay 20/25p a share.

£13-16m.

Wonder if the others could find a way?
No danger are any board members paying millions for shares when the £ won’t be going to the club, particularly when we’ve got a £20m+ black hole is it not?

This is what he wants.

Kicking up a stink to leverage a buy out.

The board are better off spending the money on the club. Sorry Dave.

This is all getting a bit weird now

Surely DK can see that C1872 in it's present form isn't fit for purpose ?
In fact I'd be wary of them having representation on the board right now - & wouldn't see them as giving a genuine or valid 'voice of the fans' style representation

Dave King getting a lot of grief on here. If posters had a choice of trying to get £13m back v reputation of a support thousands of miles away, which would you choose?

Banning Sutton really isn't a great idea imho, if anything it just gives him more oxygen and makes him look a bit of a martyr.

Back