Crawfrord Allen caught out by Robbie Neilson

uneasydaz

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson has ripped into Crawford Allan after his appearance on radio over the weekend.

The Tynecastle gaffer was already frustrated by referees after the goal his side conceded against Celtic, with Kyogo appearing to be in an offside position when he scored.

It was a controversial game at Celtic Park and Neilson has revealed he tried to speak to Allan after the game, only to be told he was on holiday and hadn't reviewed footage.

That's why the Hearts gaffer was baffled when he heard him on BBC Scotland on Saturday afternoon and questioned why he hadn't received any clarification from the referee chief.

Neilson was frustrated by the call on Thursday and still was by the time he spoke on Sunday and feels that Allan's comments prove he was right in midweek.

He told BBC Scotland: "I was surprised yesterday because I’d tried to get in contact with Crawford on Friday morning and was told he hadn’t seen the game and wouldn’t be available until Friday 10th on annual leave so I took that to be the case.

"Then I heard him on the radio explaining it having watched it and spoke to the referee so that was pretty disappointing to be honest with you.

"I would have liked a bit of clarification before I heard it on the radio.

"What I took from it was he backed up what we had thought at the time and after the game as well.

"Probably for me if he’s saying it’s offside then it is.

"I tried (to phone the SFA) a couple of times but they aren’t speaking to us. I might get something next week we’ll need to wait and see but it would have been nice for the coach or manager involved in it to get some clarification or something but it wasn’t to be.

"It’s Scottish football and we’re not in Glasgow."

And when asked if he could understand why the referee had made a mistake by not flagging Kyogo but he wasn't having any of it as he insisted it was obvious.

He added: "No, to be honest with you. He’s offside the whole move, he doesn’t come back onside at all.

"It’s done now and we’re at Livingston so we need to try win this game."

Aside from everything around the goal, I hate it when people ask for ‘clarification’. It has always been the go to word for ‘them’ to use.

What clarification does he want? The linesman either thought that he was level with a defender, or level with the ball. Neither of those will make Neilson happy, because they are both still wrong.

Aside from everything around the goal, I hate it when people ask for ‘clarification’. It has always been the go to word for ‘them’ to use.

What clarification does he want? The linesman either thought that he was level with a defender, or level with the ball. Neither of those will make Neilson happy, because they are both still wrong.
Agree. Surely Allan just says “it was offside but the AR thought he was level”.

He has made a lot of noise over this, rightly so, which will probably ensure they get something favourable back…

God help whoever is going to them next in the league.

In a normal world, the assistant referee made a mistake. End of story. The big issue here is Celtic supporters and, more worryingly, the club believe they never, ever get these decisions. By constantly moaning, others feel they’ve been able to influence decisions. So now we have Hearts doing it. This was started by Celtic and, until such times as other club’s fans and board’s start to call Celtic out it will continue. The smaller clubs fans have been played a blinder. They’re absolutely obsessed with decisions in our games when, statistically, it’s clearly not the case.

The Hibs game is a case in point. Rangers get a penalty. A clear penalty that every pundit, journalist and even the Hibs’ manager said was a penalty. Yet there is a level of controversy. Why? There is a narrative that’s being set.

The SFA playing silly buggers and not listening to their members or paying attention to their job, what a surprise. Not.

How funny would it be if, when those games were being played, the SFA were off somewhere bizarre for a midweek junket? At an obscure hotel for a whisky tasting jolly or such like. Perhaps somewhere like the Glenesk in Edzell, out of sight and away from prying eyes.

Sounds ridiculous and could never happen I suppose but it would explain why they were not available to comment on the day job.

Stuff always makes me laugh, madden has been shafting hearts every time they play celtic for as long as i remember, you cant manage their club and behave all stunned and surprised.

I could have told you it would happen before the game and it will happen the next time too.

This time a sellik supporting linesman was involved too.

Agree. Surely Allan just says “it was offside but the AR thought he was level”.
Exactly spot on mate he will just play dumb as if hes no idea it was bias, hes no gonna come out and say well we send officials to help the tims out sometimes. Depends how vital the match is a lesser game it might be a more honest official an important one we send BM.

But as some say on FF, bring in VAR and its then impossible to cheat that ends any bias. Haha.

What he should have said was he wants action not clarification!

He needs to stop with the Glasgow thing.

It's the scum who run the footballing bodies in Scotland and reap the benefits from it.
The sfa have shat on 3/4 of Glasgow clubs in past couple of years.

Patrick were even more dodging relegated than Hearts and Queens were blackmailed out of their ground so the sfa could pad their portfolio

The linesman is ONE OF THEM! do you honestly think he would have raised the Flag!

When they used to use it, they seemed to want someone to admit they cheated and were actually a mason. Sometimes a mistake is just a mistake.
Yes sometimes a mistake is a mistake like when Jota pulled up when Hearts were attacking and ref stopped the game and gave the ball to Celtic?

Two maybe 3 officials getting a clear offside wrong imo is not a mistake very poor at their job in that particular time maybe?

Your opinion may differ from mine but thats ok!

He seems to be suggesting he has been lied to,officials stating they are on leave when they are not.
If true, not at all surprising, the football authorities in Scotland are as honest as a four pound note.

You need to be a proper wet wipe if the 'Glasgow' patter offends you.

He's playing to the maroon masses.

Anyway the SFA and their officials I've always found sleekit. Imagine lying just to avoid discussing something.

I fully expect that this will somehow back fire on us on our visit to play them. Anything that looks close to offside and flag will be right up in air.

Ok I will take the tin foil hat off now….

All designed to put pressure on officials for next sunday

And people wonder why he’s pushing the “Glasgow clubs” line rather than talking about the filth.

It’s all teed up for an “evening itself out” type dodgy decision on Sunday that we’ll just need to suck up as we supposedly get everything.

Neilston is kinda embarrassing himself now. His team got battered according to the stats and his defenders were all posted missing at the goal. Agree he's just angling for an advantage in the game against us but if he doesn't understand offside, is he smart enough for that? Anyway, a moaning faced prick who looks like he got dressed in Oxfam.

Neilston is kinda embarrassing himself now. His team got battered according to the stats and his defenders were all posted missing at the goal. Agree he's just angling for an advantage in the game against us but if he doesn't understand offside, is he smart enough for that? Anyway, a moaning faced prick who looks like he got dressed in Oxfam.
The goal was offside. He has every right to moan about it considering how much they’ve been crying about other teams getting things and them always being the victim. It doesn’t matter what the rest of the stats say, if the goal shouldn’t count he should have a point from the game.

I’m reluctant to blame Crawford Allen outright without more facts as it could have been the SPFL who made the excuse rather than the individual. Plus, how often do we have an SPFL delegate willing to speak out about that mob?

He needs to stop with the Glasgow thing.
Hes right for the wrong reasons.

There is always, in any Football competition, a very general leaning to the bigger and more powerful clubs. Hearts themselves benefit from such things when they play smaller teams.

However its not the reason his Hearts team drop points and lose matches...

"Im starting with the Man in the Mirror"

Yep. The ref and assistant can only call it as they see it. VAR might have helped Neilson, he should be asking for clarification on when they think it might be in place. Moaning to the referee boss will get no-one anywhere. The refs are all we have and we all know it. If there was less criticism, maybe theyr'd be more refs and we'd have better options.

Back