Aberdeen away

Mad how hard it is now for away tickets. Used to be for likes of Aberdeen away we would have got 3 or 4 at least. Places like st johnstone, livi, killie you got as many as you wanted.
In the late 80’s we took 2 busses to Hibs, Hearts, Piggery and a full bus to the sheep.

Mid silver. Ive had dundee and livi.

Hoping for at least 1 or 2 more.

Canny grumble as its not far off the old scheme and since im not gold its as expected.

No it won't.

Plenty people in Bronze and Silver tiers aren't overly interested in away tickets, as application numbers for away games have proved.

The majority are more interested in Hampden semis and finals.
Being a MyGers member massively increases your chances of being successful for these games.
Well I’m in silver (170 ish points behind gold) and it’s an absolute pisstake that I’m automatically excluded for 6/19 ballots for away tickets.

There’s a lot of people in the exact same situation as me who feel the same

You say similar to this on every mygers thread.

Any allocation as small as this shouldn’t be dropping. Like it or not, it’s rewarding gold who’ve gone to more games than you.
So if you think MyGers should be rewarding people for going to more games than me, then by that logic, I should be getting offered a ticket to an away game before it even goes to a bronze member.

It's nothing to do with years. Most people have had their ST for max years. It's to do with whether you buy every available thing - RTV, etc. No one who doesn't buy every single piece of merchandise attracting My Gers points will ever get into the top tier.
Do you think buying merchandise, on the club website like kits etc should get you points? Would be pretty easy to link your MyGers number to your store account I'd imagine.

You’ve either been successful for a game and not realised or there’s a %^*& up because no silver should be on 0
Never received any emails stating i have been successful and check my order history regularly. I don`t think i am the only one in silver in this position. I have no idea if it makes a difference whereabouts in silver you are but i am pretty near gold so that wouldn`t explain it either. Since we won`t get any Celtic tickets and even if we did they would go to gold(for the record i don`t have a problem with that) it will be eight away games applied for and no tickets. I get there is huge demand and nowhere near enough to go round but as people have already stated you pay the £40 membership for away tickets and if you are not getting anything at all the numbers next season will collapse. Cheers

I have applied for every away game this season not had a single one. Now I'm only Bronze and I completely agree the most loyal should get the bigger games. I honestly never thought I'd get Hearts or Hibs or Aberdeen when the ballots done to expect that is unrealistic but I thought I'd get Livingston or Dundee etc but no. Not saying I don't agree with the high tiers who are most loyal getting the vast bulk of tickets but a closed shop is no good. How am I supposed to move up when I'm not given the opportunity of tickets for even the 'lesser' games?
Its already a closed shop because if too many become gold they’ll change the banding. I’m afraid if you arent gold noe i cant see any way of being gold in the future. I’m silver and cant see any way of closing the gap. Bought and applied for everything possible, only had Dundee and i dont see how it changes.

For a category A game with a real low allocation yes.
Well that doesn’t happen. I missed out on Hibs but folk in bronze got. If we’re going down that route, then I also expect the same for silver over bronze.

Oh and it’s likely I’ll be gold next season anyway, so I’m fighting this corner for others benefit

Its already a closed shop because if too many become gold they’ll change the banding. I’m afraid if you arent gold noe i cant see any way of being gold in the future. I’m silver and cant see any way of closing the gap. Bought and applied for everything possible, only had Dundee and i dont see how it changes.
Programmes
Euro aways
RTV
Stadium tours
Edmiston house

Well that doesn’t happen. I missed out on Hibs but folk in bronze got. If we’re going down that route, then I also expect the same for silver over bronze.

Oh and it’s likely I’ll be gold next season anyway, so I’m fighting this corner for others benefit
Hibs wasn’t a real low allocation. I didn’t get Hibs through mygers either

Well I’m in silver (170 ish points behind gold) and it’s an absolute pisstake that I’m automatically excluded for 6/19 ballots for away tickets.

There’s a lot of people in the exact same situation as me who feel the same

I'm sure there will be people who feel the same as you, but unfortunately it's a case of supply and demand, with demand outnumbering supply more than at any time previous, in relation to Rangers away tickets.

I also know people who are high silver, who previously missed out on Hampden tickets, but this time they got sorted no problem, so for them, they see MyGers as a huge plus.

When it's small allocations like Tynecastle and Pittodrie, it isn't realistic imo for someone in mid silver to expect a ticket mate.
There's plenty people in Gold, who arrrange their work, holidays and life in general, around ensuring they make every single Rangers game in Scotland, (as well as the majority of European games) year after year.

MyGers isn't perfect, but it is doing it's best to ensure these supporters are rewarded for their loyalty.

The previous CCCS system was farcical.

Hibs wasn’t a real low allocation. I didn’t get Hibs through mygers either
That’s not the point, if you think gold deserves a ticket to Aberdeen away before silver, then the same must be applied for silver over bronze.

I'm sure there will be people who feel the same as you, but unfortunately it's a case of supply and demand, with demand outnumbering supply more than at any time previous, in relation to Rangers away tickets.

I also know people who are high silver, who previously missed out on Hampden tickets, but this time they got sorted no problem, so for them, they see MyGers as a huge plus.

When it's small allocations like Tynecastle and Pittodrie, it isn't realistic imo for someone in mid silver to expect a ticket mate.
There's plenty people in Gold, who arrrange their work, holidays and life in general, around ensuring they make every single Rangers game in Scotland, (as well as the majority of European games) year after year.

MyGers isn't perfect, but it is doing it's best to ensure these supporters are rewarded for their loyalty.

The previous CCCS system was farcical.
I’m not saying I expect a ticket and I also don’t consider myself mid silver. I’m high silver.

In my opinion, if you want to start excluding silver members from 6/19 away ballots a year, some will just chuck it and take their chances picking up tickets elsewhere

No silver should be getting Aberdeen at a 1600 allocation imo
Birthday caird pish.

If we want to start going down that route, then it should be applied at all levels IMO.

I didn’t get Motherwell or Hibs but some in bronze did.

If you think gold are more deserving of an Aberdeen ticket then the same needs to be applied throughout the rest of the allocations, regardless of size.

doesnt matter what system you use, the same people always seem to get the tickets.

Ive been lucky this year in that its only livi away i havent got. I feel for those in silver who must have pretty strong 5 year records who in the old system would have got four tickets, now struggling to get one or two

I totally understand the role supporters clubs play but as a person who travels to games on their own i always felt disadvantaged that others were getting two chances of a ticket as supporters clubs are basically a way of keeping tickets in a few hands.

Last edited:
I’m not saying I expect a ticket and I also don’t consider myself mid silver. I’m high silver.

In my opinion, if you want to start excluding silver members from 6/19 away ballots a year, some will just chuck it and take their chances picking up tickets elsewhere

Well I suppose that's up to them, but then they'll end up getting no away tickets at all and missing out on a lot of big semis and finals.

Alternatively, they could go to every single game played at Ibrox, all Hampden games and maybe a couple of European aways and in time they will become Gold, just as you will next season.

People need to remember that the current Gold Tier members didn't get there by accident.

They're Gold because they were going to every single game during some grim times.

Birthday caird pish.

If we want to start going down that route, then it should be applied at all levels IMO.

I didn’t get Motherwell or Hibs but some in bronze did.

If you think gold are more deserving of an Aberdeen ticket then the same needs to be applied throughout the rest of the allocations, regardless of size.

Not all Gold got Hibs and Motherwell either mate.

Plenty I know didn't.

Well I suppose that's up to them, but then they'll end up getting no away tickets at all and missing out on a lot of big semis and finals.

Alternatively, they could go to every single game played at Ibrox, all Hampden games and maybe a couple of European aways and in time they will become Gold, just as you will next season.

People need to remember that the current Gold Tier members didn't get there by accident.

They're Gold because they were going to every single game during some grim times.
I went to every single game during the Pedro & Murty era, should be a badge of honour for that hahha

(Well not every game, every game that was available to me)

Sheep's average attendance this season is 12,000 in a 23,000 capacity stadium, they must enjoy having 10,000 empty seats or they'd allocate more tickets to traveling support... just another embarrasment in Scottish Football.
I think the cops must be leaning on them. It makes it easier for them to Police the away support by bringing the coaches into that wee car park outside the stadium and penning us in to the wee area we get.
Rather than in the old days the coaches would park down at the beach and there would be a mile walk to the ground, where sheep would regularly come over the hill for a square go.

Silver should be getting tickets for Aberdeen, even if it's 1-5 tickets they should be allocated to silver members, same with bronze. Celtic away was the only game that was to be exclusive to Gold when people signed up. That was already changed for Hearts, can excuse that game if we get no tickets for Celtic, but no reason for nobody in the other tiers to get tickets even if it's only a few tickets.

I went to every single game during the Pedro & Murty era, should be a badge of honour for that hahha

(Well not every game, every game that was available to me)

You're right mate, it should be. B-)

As long as you've done all the friendlies too, then you'll rightly be Gold next season.

The club will want to keep supporters sweet fans who pay for mygers. How they do that with these shit allocations is beyond me but the clubs hands are basically tied.

Programmes
Euro aways
RTV
Stadium tours
Edmiston house
ALl of which I've applied for or done, apart from the stadium tour. ALso if everyone in Gold is also buying all those and getting away tickets it can only get further away....as I said, its a closed shop.

Last edited:
ALl of which I've applied for or done, apart from the stadium tour
How many points are you on?

Were you signed up to the home and away CCCS when they were in force? Because they currently make up about 400 of my points.

When the last of these drop off i think movement in the tiers will be easier

30,000 in MyGers.
If you take the recent away game at St Mirren as an example only just over 9,000 applied for a ticket.Only 1689 Bronze MyGers members applied for that game.
So not everyone who buys a MyGers membership does it to access away tickets.

30,000 in MyGers.
If you take the recent away game at St Mirren as an example only just over 9,000 applied for a ticket.Only 1689 Bronze MyGers members applied for that game.
A lot off bronze won’t have a season ticket so are unable too .

30,000 in MyGers.
Judging by the numbers of applications for aways, majority on mygers are more interested in Semi and finals.

Don’t think so 16/17 dropped off this season as far as I’m aware could be wrong tho .
Last year the points calculation started from 15/16

So that was what dropped off.

Does anyone have the spreadsheet someone made with the maximum points available?

There’s no high silver or mid silver regarding domestic aways…you’re silver.

There’s no high silver or mid silver regarding domestic aways…you’re silver.
There’s no official tier, but in terms of the “gold is more deserving than others” argument, there should be.

Think one of the main issues with mygers is they seem to move goal post constantly, when people signed up it was only Celtic away that would be givin to gold members and everyone knew that when they signed up. Now thousand who signed up getting told infact we are putting hearts and possible Aberdeen to only gold members does not sit right with those in silver and bronze. Granted the hearts allocation is not really Rangers fault I may add. Am High end silver and lucky enough I have been sorted for all aways part from Ross county through rsc

Gold is more deserving than others it’s not an argument it’s a fact.
But then surely you agree someone who’s in the top 10% of silver points is more deserving than someone who’s made silver by a baw hair?

Back