Lundstram

He is one I don't see being here past the summer whether a permanent move or loan. He just hasn't clicked here and I don't think our fans have clicked with him either.

He doesn't sut the requirements of Rangers in this league.
I think it would do us both a favour if we called it a draw and let him find a club down south in January.
Getting out of his contract with no financial damage would be a result for us I think.
No hard feelings to John either.
Sometimes it doesn't work out for players at a new club.

Too similar to Davis and Kamara, unless they are both injured he won‘t feature much. He’s a bog standard get and give holding midfielder, not bad at his job but in a game like today he‘s not much use as he doesn’t like going forward. Have never really seen it with him since the start of the season. We need someone with energy and craft in the midfield if Aribo isn’t playing, wrong type of player to play alongside either Davis or Kamara.

His inclusion on the pitch for me also affects a few other positions/players. Should be a priority for the club to try and move off the wage bill. But would he be prepared to move to the Championship?

Out of interest, is Davis injured or just not included in squads anymore?
By the looks of it he’s behind lundstram in the pecking order. Lundstram came on before him away to hearts last week as well. Plus Davis has been pretty woeful all season.

He’s someone who should be Kamara’s back up, can’t have both of them on the pitch at the same time.
The problem is even if he’s good enough to be a decent backup for the rare occasion Kamara doesn’t play, that’s not what you pay 25k for.

That’s the sort of money we should be paying the next Morelos, Kent etc

I agree. He didn’t have a bad first half but we just don’t seem to perform when he’s in the team if we could get a few and get his big wages away I’d bite yer hand off.

He wasn't the worst player on the park in that first half - our MOTM was an absolute bombscare.

You could have taken that whole midfield off as none of them contributed much.

He's back up for Kamara. Davis is the same right now.
It’s this for me. 1 of those 3 need to play… 2 doesn’t work as it puts much more pressure on the other midfield player to be running and showing for everything.

Glad Gio changed it at half time. He’s trying to get the balance right, and think he’s figuring that out quite quickly. We need Airfield/Aribo type players to be the other two when we play defensively as that allows the shift we see on/off the ball. Kamara/Lundstram wanted to do the same role in the first half… just didn’t work.

I think we should move Lundstram on if we can, as really we don’t need him I would say.

I don’t think having Kamara on as well did him any favours.

He’s more than capable of doing the job Kamara has in the past few games, but is that really what we need for that outlay in wages?

I think the whole team had the brakes on in the first half they were slow, no movement off the ball, made mistakes slack passing just doing nothing like we should have been doing except for a few flashes of Kent. I was surprised Sakala never got playing we showed bits of playing well with Wright etc., and when Aribo came on the whole team seemed to fire up, its 3 points we won ugly never let any in and no injuries, but it wasn't pleasant to watch.

In the same way he can't play with Davis, as proved earlier in the season, he can't play with Kamara either. He'd be fine playing as the anchor on his own.

As a few have said already, he wasn't the only poor performer today.

Hospitality must be serving LSD now as well as alcohol, because whoever chose Ianis Hagi for Man of the Match was surely tripping out their box!

Its weird how people single out Lundstram after that.

I thought he set the tone from the first minute, where we had a chance to attack, and he passed behind the man, halting any forward momentum, which is his trademark.

I wanted us to sign him, thought he'd be a good acquisition. I was wrong, he's got no awareness at all. I'd sell him and Simpson in January, if we've any takers, get them off the wage bill.

Any more performances like Hagi's today, and I'd cash in on him too, we cannot afford passengers this season.

Back