SPFL Talks of Bringing Winter Break Forward - Problem for us with AFCON Players

The issue is we could fight our corner and still lose . We have learned in last 2 years that Celtic have better relationships with other clubs. We are only 1 of 12 clubs if Celtic convince enough of the rest what do you want to club to do

You'd have to assume that a lot of these other clubs will have plans for the winter break.
Hearts and Hibs are due to play on the 3rd.

If it goes to a vote and they shut the league down early then there will be more clubs doing it for their own reasons rather just because the tims asked for it.

It's the usual with Scottish Football though.
Every other country in Europe seems to be going for "we will fulfil fixtures even if it's behind closed doors, let's just get the games played".
So we, of course, have some crazy plan about shifting our winter break forward.

So they are planning to have us v St Mirren on Jan 8th, Aberdeen on Jan 12th and Tims on Jan 16th?

If crowds are restricted to 500 now. Then that won't have changed back to full capacity by the end of January for sure.

As usual, it's a complete shambles of a situation.

I’ve already said I think they’ll get their way.

If not plan B will be a covid outbreak for them, and go for a postponement that way.

Either way I don’t see us going there on the 2nd Jan.
They can’t fake positive tests mate.

Bringing the winter break forward when there is a good chance of further restrictions beyond 3 weeks would give them even more problems with other fixtures. It wont happen.

simple as that, hence why if you had enough players you could not cancel a game no matter what.

One of their ITK’s on their forum saying celric pushing for old firm to be moved to 23rd January with Scottish cup games that week moved to week before . That would leave us missing the 3 African players , all their injuries and new signings up to speed

:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Celtic must have a few injuries then.

If the club accept this bent over taking it up the arse as per, I’ll be furious.

What reason could they give?
Football isn’t opening back up in 3 weeks
What reason they could give I don't know but this is a club that have demonstrated their malevolent, cheating and scummy ways countless times in the past.

This is the the same club that used the death of a former player to postpone an Old Firm game to give injured players enough time to recover. It's also the same club that forced the calling of the league with a third of it still to be played. An action that ensured the suffering of a number of Scottish clubs, none more so than Hearts for example who got relegated which no doubt led to redundancies.

I don't know what reason they'll have mate but what I do know is those c*nts will always come up with one if it suits their own agenda.

That's a lot different from rolling over mate.

Sky will definitely want the game to go ahead, particularly with the increasing amount of English games being cancelled.

Othet teams will do what's right for them, not Celtic.
Without looking at the fixtures and who plays at home during the next few games, majority if not all won't want to lose the gate money and will vote for it being brought forward imo.

Can I just throw in for a full house at bingo

“There’s heavy snow forecast 26-29th, take the Winter Break now”

Hartson maybe ? Peter McGuire ?

With an Old Firm on the 2nd January, I do not see Sky being to happy with that. That is a massive amount of advertising revenue they have accounted for.
Then add in the fact covid is spreading like wild fire through EPL teams and games will probably be postponed due to teams bit having enough players.

Leaving a massive gap in their schedule with the OF being the only show piece they have.

I doubt sky would be happy with a voluntary postponement of the league when it hasn't really hit our league yet.

And so it begins, nothing is off the table for this mob and the spfl and sfa. This season is 100 bigger than last season in terms of cl entry.

I can see this season ending up in the courts one way or another. There finished for a good few seasons if we win the title again, and they know it.

You'd have to assume that a lot of these other clubs will have plans for the winter break.
Hearts and Hibs are due to play on the 3rd.

If it goes to a vote and they shut the league down early then there will be more clubs doing it for their own reasons rather just because the tims asked for it.

It's the usual with Scottish Football though.
Every other country in Europe seems to be going for "we will fulfil fixtures even if it's behind closed doors, let's just get the games played".
So we, of course, have some crazy plan about shifting our winter break forward.

So they are planning to have us v St Mirren on Jan 8th, Aberdeen on Jan 12th and Tims on Jan 16th?

If crowds are restricted to 500 now. Then that won't have changed back to full capacity by the end of January for sure.

As usual, it's a complete shambles of a situation.
Three weeks after Boxing Day is 17th January.

Without looking at the fixtures and who plays at home during the next few games, majority if not all won't want to lose the gate money and will vote for it being brought forward imo.

We'll see mate.

There’s no way this will last three weeks! Get everyone “BOOSTED” wait then then some “freedoms” over summer to then return with another variant and recycle and repeat.

Surely a large majority of the players, coaches & teams will already have made plans around the current Winter break.

Is there really going to be an appetite for this outside of Celtic?

As per?????

Since when have our current regime taken any shite from anyone mate?

Last issue was the Cinch deal.

How did that work out?
Only thing our club are really guilty of is not doing things in public.

We should be leading the charge to play games as we don’t know we will be back in 3 weeks. There is more evidence to suggest we won’t than there is to suggest we will.

Then we have shit weather to contend with as well.

Rangers need to go on the offensive here, it doesn't take much to second guess the narrative that's going to come from the scum in the east end. We nee to insist that the games go ahead as planned, no rescheduling of games, get 50% of fixtures played due to uncertainty of further lock downs.

There's no way this shit only last 3 weeks anyway so what would be the point, she's a fucking c*nt
Exactly,the last 3 week circuit break lasted 7 months,there's no way we are getting back to full attendances any time soon,what a gigantic mess they have made

This will happen, will go to a ‘vote’
It’s a pointless excercise. Even if they move it, does anyone actually believe that in 3 weeks time lockdown will be lifted and games will be back to full capacity ? Absolutely no chance. We will be BCD now for a minimum of 6 weeks, into February and that’s me being optimistic.

Bringing the winter break forward when there is a good chance of further restrictions beyond 3 weeks would give them even more problems with other fixtures. It wont happen.

You have to factor in the weather also. There is absolutely no way that you shouldn't be playing fixtures during a Scottish winter when you are able to. We could be back in mid-January under three feet of snow in many places. In Scotland you just have to get you fixtures played.

Can someone explain why at a time where peoples mental health is taking a battering and the football to sit as a family and watch on tv will be the best thing in their lives for the next month.

That you have people trying to cancel it ?

And actually trying to cancel it on the pretence that fans will be allowed to go in 3 weeks time ?

Or that there will actually be any matches in 3 weeks time.

Shameless. The cause. The cause that’s bigger than all of that.

Rangers need a statement out now saying football continues even with bcd. Any changes made to calender to help out teams with injuries will be fully challenged in court.

No mid season changes to fixtures or the winter break as it would destroy any integrity the league has.

Back