Patrick Harvie tweet

awt539.jpg

He's talking about that pic.

I wish I could dumb my brain down enough as you do to pretend that is OK and just two people waving at someone. I really do, but I guess I can't be as stupid as you no matter how much I try.

In the picture posted above of Holly Willowby (page 4). ..Is she making a Nazis salute?

He will soon be irrelevant as a leadership challenge in fact a full re-organisation and expulsion are on the way in the green party join the coup this will silence him and he will defect to his true party the nationalists

The nazi salute accusation is obviously Harvie's tribalism running wild.

It's the identification of an action, which which he claims is a Nazi salute, and he stops at that, leaving it to his audience to speculate, be shocked, or get defensive. He thinks he's being smart, and slapping down the Ranges support with ease. He's a poisonous liar.

Nazi leanings in the Rangers support. Is that right. Don't stop there Patrick. Tell us more about this, how did these "saluters" you saw become Nazis, who taught them the ideology. Why did they infiltrated a short, organised march to Ibrox on a match day. Videos show zero Nazi output during the march, but you saw some guys sneaking out Nazi salutes during singing and celebrations. Sure thing Patrick, is this the bold Holyrood approach to meeting objectives for the people of Scotland your party speak of?

From those what look like Nazi salutes to the word 19th Century Terrorist on the flyer evertlything about that March on Sunday has been a PR disaster.

The nazi salute accusation is obviously Harvie's tribalism running wild.

It's the identification of an action, which which he claims is a Nazi salute, and he stops at that, leaving it to his audience to speculate, be shocked, or get defensive. He thinks he's being smart, and slapping down the Ranges support with ease. He's a poisonous liar.

Nazi leanings in the Rangers support. Is that right. Don't stop there Patrick. Tell us more about this, how did these "saluters" you saw become Nazis, who taught them the ideology. Why did they infiltrated a short, organised march to Ibrox on a match day. Videos show zero Nazi output during the march, but you saw some guys sneaking out Nazi salutes during singing and celebrations. Sure thing Patrick, is this the bold Holyrood approach to meeting objectives for the people of Scotland your party speak of?

There is a picture of 2 idiots making nazi salutes, you can dress it up as you like but that is what it is.
There are thousands of guys there, of different political leanings and some with none, I’m pretty sure we have some guys who have far right leanings in our support. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.
It does not however make this a far right march, it does not make 99.99% of Rangers supporters nazi sympathisers.

There is a picture of 2 idiots making nazi salutes, you can dress it up as you like but that is what it is.
There are thousands of guys there, of different political leanings and some with none, I’m pretty sure we have some guys who have far right leanings in our support. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.
It does not however make this a far right march, it does not make 99.99% of Rangers supporters nazi sympathisers.
Sadly the 2 boys making the gesture have given them a wet dream, and yet we still don't learn

Last edited:
How do you know? In your opinion you think they are nazi saluting. You can't say it is fact because you truthfully don't know. You didn't witness them doing it, you don't know their political outlook. To be certain you'd have to ask them if they were nazi saluting.
I'm not trying to defend anyone. However, I don't believe anyone at the march is a nazi, unable to resist sneaking nazi salutes into football celebrations. If those guys are doing what you claim they probably learned their ideology from watching Saving Private Ryan.

Sadly the 2 boys making the gesture have given them a wet dream, and yet we still don't learn

what are you talking about? Two young lads raising their arms and for you, that's a"Nazi salute"! the lads could have had their arms raised singing or chanting and the picture doesn't completely give them the full picture of what happened at that moment in time when it as taken.

Regardless of how the photo came about, a wave to a mate, a hand held high for another reason etc, , it looks like a nazi salute and that is good enough for the media to have an easy story that will get hits. I doubt it was a nazi salute but as previous pictures of Brenda have shown, timing is everything in these photos.

What is very concerning is the speed that the papers and social media have picked up on this and, that without knowing the story, elected officials have been falling over themselves to 'virtue signal' over it.

what are you talking about? Two young lads raising their arms and for you, that's a"Nazi salute"! the lads could have had their arms raised singing or chanting and the picture doesn't completely give them the full picture of what happened at that moment in time when it as taken.[/QUOTE
At what point did I describe it as a Nazi salute? Regardless of the gestures Nazi or not, it's a PR own goal. Added to that the banner and the add on's. Or did I not see that whole picture? I'm not interested in what the other mob do either, but we have to get smarter than we are, if we want to starve the media of their shit.

Step out of your wee bubble and show those photos to anyone and ask what they think it is. They'll say a fascist salute. If we don't want to get accused of Nazi salutes then don't do things that look like Nazi salutes. It is simple as that.

It opens it up for those who hate us to label as far right. When it comes to image of our support we really are as dense as it gets. Also the club then can't defend things like that. They just can't.
Just read some of the posts and language on here, we bring a lot of this on ourselves. Don`t give our enemies an exscuse.

The haters like to portray us, at best,as an anachronism or, at worse ,as a suppurating, poisonous sore needing to be excised like the Orange Order presented as an another aspect of Protestant hegemony; the 'peepul' bigots best to be avoided in wider society and saintly sellick as the all inclusive working for charity ,humorous 'hoops' full of craic ,bonhomie and general wellbeing.

Interestingly the media luvvies increasingly use the fond term 'the hoops' when referencing them.

The power of propaganda and and portrayal

Last edited:
Regardless of how the photo came about, a wave to a mate, a hand held high for another reason etc, , it looks like a nazi salute and that is good enough for the media to have an easy story that will get hits. I doubt it was a nazi salute but as previous pictures of Brenda have shown, timing is everything in these photos.

What is very concerning is the speed that the papers and social media have picked up on this and, that without knowing the story, elected officials have been falling over themselves to 'virtue signal' over it.
It makes you wonder if something happened at the very start to set them up for the open goal.

Cooperleft foot, How is it a PR disaster for our club but the GB have had a similar marches and somehow they aren't controversial at all?

its young guys/supporters marching through the city towards a football march and frankly, those condemning it should have to prove its a nazi salute or rightwing march and if they cant they should just shut up and stop libeling these young fans are right-wing hooligans.

In the picture posted above of Holly Willowby (page 4). ..Is she making a Nazis salute?
No. She's also not dressed out in a balaclava behind a banner on a march against 19th Century Terrorists with someone else behind her who just happens to be "waving" to a mate/doing a salute (delete as applicable depending on the excuse). Some fans on here are a wet dream for mentally challengeds.

please explain how its a nazi salute?

Wow. I thought it was just the nutty SNP folk pretending it was a nazi salute to get us bad press.

Some of our own are pretending the same?

I know some boys in that group and find it fucking laughable anyone accusing them of being nazis.

Get a grip, its a boy lifting his hand up ffs.

I think Patrick Harvie is a horrible, poisonous and hateful little politician. Unfortunately most of Scotland's politicians are just like him. At least these poisonous trolls put most Scots off voting for independence.

That's an SNP MSP, an SNP councillor and a useless nationalist Green Party "convener" jumping on a Rangers fans march, covering just over 1m from a pub to Ibrox. All of three of them indulging their tribalism. Nothing happened beyond what was expected during the march. While this fact will disappoint these politically employed trolls, unfortunately it doesn't stop them, or shut them up.

These three tinpot politicians have had their noses put right out of joint. They hated Rangers fans before their fascist bill was passed, and hate them even more because their fascist bill is being repealed.

The politicians love getting on Twitter to vent their tribalism. Making demands of the Police, throwing insults at Rangers supporters, making wild untrue claims, generally just being trolls. Shouldn't these arseholes be doing something helpful on behalf of the people of Scotland instead? Fighting poverty, creating jobs, stopping sexual abuse of children on a massive scale, improving relationships between Police and local communities. All of these problems are rife in Govan. Obviously, in the estimation of these dedicated elected officials, such problems do not demand the same immediate action from them as a few hundred Rangers supporters, marching a mile to Ibrox from a pub. A game they would be going to whether part of the march or not.

Scotland's problems stem from within its communities, and from the tribal, unfit officials elected to solve them.

What else do you expect from the SNP?

They're a fucking travesty of a party and have put this country back years, possibly even decades.

The sooner more people see that and see just how much our public services have degraded the better, they've got away with blaming the Tory boogeyman for far too long.

I never said it was. I said it looked like one. Please explain how it doesn't look like a nazi salute.
Beyond inference, what is the cause for complaint? Is there Nazi activity we need to be on the look out for? Is there a new generation of Rangers supporters who wish Germany won the the war, in spite of obvious support for the Union?
Or is the real problem here a poisonous Rangers hater, and separatist, getting away with cheap propaganda on Twitter? Harvie should be held to account. People like him have caused young and old Scots alike to distrust and resent political institutions in Scotland. So much so football groups, like the UB's, go about their business as a f*ck you to the Harvies and SNP's brand of fascist governance.

Beyond inference, what is the cause for complaint? Is there Nazi activity we need to be on the look out for? Is there a new generation of Rangers supporters who wish Germany won the the war, in spite of obvious support for the Union?
Or is the real problem here a poisonous Rangers hater, and separatist, getting away with cheap propaganda on Twitter? Harvie should be held to account. People like him have caused young and old Scots alike to distrust and resent political institutions in Scotland. So much so football groups, like the UB's, go about their business as a f*ck you to the Harvies and SNP's brand of fascist governance.
There is no pro nazi undertone to the rangers support. Fannies like him and the snp take great delight in their social media propaganda. Its aimed at dehumanising what is seen as a pro union support. Media are complicit in publishing misleading stories as well.

Because it clearly looks like a lad raising his arm and a picture has bee taken at that moment.

You are seeing what you want to see.
But that action is the same action as a nazinsalute no? The timing of the picture is unfortunate but do you think your average handwringer is going to consider that or do you think they will take what harvie says as fact? Thats my point. People see what they want to see.

What else do you expect from the SNP?

They're a fucking travesty of a party and have put this country back years, possibly even decades.

The sooner more people see that and see just how much our public services have degraded the better, they've got away with blaming the Tory boogeyman for far too long.
Don't forget Harvie is a Green. A pro independence Green. It's no coincidence all the political figures condemning Rangers supporters are supporters of independence.
The problem in Scotland, as with many countries, is the standard of politics available. Everyone in it is a self serving opportunist with serving the people who elected them furthest from their mind.
I hate Labour, but I vote for them because I hate the SNP even more. That the Tories can't capitalise on circumstances like these shows how hapless they are. Although to be fair they are getting a little better at being electable. Ruth and the Hag are good buddies apparently. That doesn't help.

Wow. I thought it was just the nutty SNP folk pretending it was a nazi salute to get us bad press.

Some of our own are pretending the same?

I know some boys in that group and find it fucking laughable anyone accusing them of being nazis.

Get a grip, its a boy lifting his hand up ffs.
Agreed.

There are certain posters on this thread who are 'suspect' to say the least and are actually siding with that we khunt Harvie.

There is no pro nazi undertone to the rangers support. Fannies like him and the snp take great delight in their social media propaganda. Its aimed at dehumanising what is seen as a pro union support. Media are complicit in publishing misleading stories as well.
Of course they are. I'm glad you know this. It doesn't matter what Rangers supporters do. They will be lied about anyway.
The support had a good time marching to the stadium. They are ordinary people who don't constantly think about what they are doing that could be used as accusations of Nazism against them. Ordinary people who work for a living, and look forward to their football activities. They don't look forward to political participation.
Harvie's accusations only strengthens the tribal camaraderie among the UB's and wider Rangers support.

Staunch Unionists... but also Nazi's... Aye right you are.

I have heard the Nazi salute accusations for years and it's a load of bull.

Everything that's wrong with this nation is Unionism's/Rangers fault don't you know.

2012 was their opportunity to drive a stake through the heart of one of the biggest bastions of UK culture and push for independence over the coming years. Unfortunately for them, we didn't just roll over or move on to other things, and we know how the referendum went.

We aren't nailed to the floor as they hoped, so now Rangers as a Club/Brand and Business are being dragged into a growing political war whether they like it or not and have to start calling out the double standards.

But that action is the same action as a nazinsalute no? The timing of the picture is unfortunate but do you think your average handwringer is going to consider that or do you think they will take what harvie says as fact? Thats my point. People see what they want to see.
Why a nazi salute in particular? Why not just a lad raising his arm?

No. She's also not dressed out in a balaclava behind a banner on a march against 19th Century Terrorists with someone else behind her who just happens to be "waving" to a mate/doing a salute (delete as applicable depending on the excuse). Some fans on here are a wet dream for mentally challengeds.

So to wear a balaclava = Nazis

A bannner saying 'Goodnight green and white' = Nazis

To March against 19th Century Terrorists = Nazis

A Rangers supporter who agrees with mentally challengeds is their wee wet dream....

Does it not hurt your Back?

Last edited:
Why a nazi salute in particular? Why not just a lad raising his arm?
There is context surrounding this. A few elected officials have tweeted about fascist or right wing marches/display. The photo could therefore be seen as a nazi salute by fannies that want to see a nazi salute based on pre-determined opinions. It looks like one - you cannot deny that - but it doesn't mean it was a nazi salute. When people like Harvie issue lies and mistruths then 'evidence' in photos like this will add weight to their already made up mind.

There is context surrounding this. A few elected officials have tweeted about fascist or right wing marches/display. The photo could therefore be seen as a nazi salute by fannies that want to see a nazi salute based on pre-determined opinions. It looks like one - you cannot deny that - but it doesn't mean it was a nazi salute. When people like Harvie issue lies and mistruths then 'evidence' in photos like this will add weight to their already made up mind.
I can deny it looks like one as for me it doesnt and as for this slur about their march being a right wing march then id ask all that suggest that to either put up evidence to prove this accusation or shut up making libellious slurs against these lads.

Cooperleft foot, How is it a PR disaster for our club but the GB have had a similar marches and somehow they aren't controversial at all?

its young guys/supporters marching through the city towards a football march and frankly, those condemning it should have to prove its a nazi salute or rightwing march and if they cant they should just shut up and stop libeling these young fans are right-wing hooligans.
I couldn't give a flying fu'ck what that shower do I'm only concerned about my club. Nor once have I said anything about Nazi salutes just the banner, flyers and the add ons that are quite frankly cringeworthy and not needed. If that makes me less of a supporter, in peoples eyes, I can live with that. I'm fed up with reading about negative stories about our great club

Maybe some one should askpatrick harvie why hes beloved poops had their ground closed by the goverment during the second world war.

I can deny it looks like one as for me it doesnt and as for this slur about their march being a right wing march then id ask all that suggest that to either put up evidence to prove this accusation or shut up making libellious slurs against these lads.
Dont know why your replying tp my post about a slur. If you cant see why a straight arm raised with an open hand cannot be uses by an agenda driven media as a nzi salute then there's no point in me continuing a discussion on it.

Dont know why your replying tp my post about a slur. If you cant see why a straight arm raised with an open hand cannot be uses by an agenda driven media as a nzi salute then there's no point in me continuing a discussion on it.
Think you,ve answered your own question mate.an agenda driven media.

So this filthy rabid communist red shirt lefty who supports socialism which caannot be democratic or libertarian sits and calls Rangers fans "far-right" as if that's a bad thing because they dare to go out there in protest march against the attack on our freedom of speech!?

That's what happens when you dare stand up against filthy red shirts, they try to push Fascism off onto the right, even although Fascism is a collectivist system and is socialist, they'll attempt to label you as being Fascist, why? Because you dare to stand up for what is right and that is standing up for freedom of speech. If standing for liberty was oh so dangerous, what the hell do you call their socialist shite that led millions to their death bed?

Trust me, I'd happily take that socialist bastard to the cleaners in a one on one debate, I'd humiliate the prick.

Bluntly, if that's the quality of your political analysis, let's hope you don't get the chance to embarrass yourself.

I have held my hand up on occasions when singing certain songs,At no time did I think I was giving a facist Nazi salute in fact I have and do consider myself fairly left wing in my politics.

I've had a debate with a group of SNP diehard bellends on facebook who are friends of a friend since the game about this.

It all started when the 1st post showed the Union Bears march under the tag line 'Not In My Scotland'.

I think I'm a reasonable guy. I've explained calmly what it is, even said I think it's utter bollocks too, but defended the march as nothing more than a fan group adding to the occasion and atmosphere with a bit of noise and colour. I also said I have no problem with their lot doing the same, which I don't, as long as no one getting hurt I've no problem with it at all.

In the replies I've been called a 'moron', 'braindead moron', 'not a normal sane person', 'A sick individual'.

I've not once insulted anyone throughout the whole thread.

Funny enough most of the punters replying still have a 'Yes' picture as their profile, and most have posted stuff celebrating their result yesterday.

They are not interested in debate. It's their way or nothing.
They are not interested in free speech. It's their speech or nothing.
They are not interested in freedom of expression. It's their expression or nothing.

Now we have elected members of Parliament acting in the same way?
We're on a very slippery slope if you ask me.

'One Scotland, Many Cultures (except this one, obviously)'

Back