Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Questions, questions, questions.

Is that the ECWC? If so, I'm thinking it must have been paraded at the first home fixture of 72/73? And who is holding the cup aloft? If it's wee bud his hairstylist has made a mess of his 'side shed'.
A wee look at the Evening Times of 14th Aug 1972 confirms the ECWC was paraded before the League Cup game against Clydebank.

Is that the ECWC? If so, I'm thinking it must have been paraded at the first home fixture of 72/73? And who is holding the cup aloft? If it's wee bud his hairstylist has made a mess of his 'side shed'.
Looks like it might be Tommy Craig the physio holding the cup aloft. The team would be just about to take to the field before ko., I reckon.

Pretty sure the first home fixture that season was the league cup tie v Clydebank and Willie Waddell addressed the crowd before the game pleading for an end to hooliganism.

It is the first home fixture of 1972/73 season. If I remember a League Cup tie and Waddell spoke on the pitch advising “hooligans will not be tolerated at Ibrox.”

I think the ECWC was held aloft by one of the Ground Staff - not a player.

DB685273-097-B-440-A-8-AE3-7-A043-C5-ECDD0.webp

Apologies in advance if this has been already posted.
1960/61 Rangers 8 v Borussia 0.
Never seen that strip in colour before.

DB685273-097-B-440-A-8-AE3-7-A043-C5-ECDD0.webp

Apologies in advance if this has been already posted.
1960/61 Rangers 8 v Borussia 0.
Never seen that strip in colour before.
That's what you call a Rangers pennant, the Lion Rampant and two thistles to round it off. Scotland's national club indeed.

Not a fond memory for Monchengladbach, but I like to think it hangs to this day in their trophy room.

The last ever Scottish Cup Final to be replayed…..I was there
Thank God it went to a replay, we were rank rotten on the Saturday and would have stolen the Cup with a late penalty that thankfully we missed.

Which set us up for one of our greatest Scottish Cup final victories, a team transformed, Dundee United didn't know what hit them.

Now, the next task is to find a good, stand alone, picture of the old main stand.

The only one that I've seen that shows it completely is the panoramic photo from around 1912 or so, looking down the pitch from the Copland Road end.

And of course, not forgetting the Bovril Shed!
Not exactly what you're after but, having already seen Bob Agg's earlier reply, thought this might be of interest.

Back