Could a new manager undermine the progress since January ?

trueblue77

Assuming the club decide to appoint a new manager, is it possible that he could undermine our short term progress ? He may not fancy a few of the players that we see as key performers and look to build his own side. Do we have time for this approach ? I worry that Murty may not be the answer but then with the progress we've seen it may be a case of be 'careful what you wish for'.

No. And It's a pretty weak argument IMO.

Any new manager would be selected because of his own philosophy matching our style of play.

We're not going to replace Murty with some long ball merchant for example.

All hires come with risk but our board have had sufficient time to analyse potential candidates.

We need a winner and a leader at the helm of our Club.

Assuming the club decide to appoint a new manager, is it possible that he could undermine our short term progress ? He may not fancy a few of the players that we see as key performers and look to build his own side. Do we have time for this approach ? I worry that Murty may not be the answer but then with the progress we've seen it may be a case of be 'careful what you wish for'.

Steve Clarke's turned Killie from relegation fodder to top 6 while adding very few to the original squad. Just saying :cool:

We need a no nonsense manager off the park and a decent leader on it . If we get that we are more than halfway there .

If the board have learned their lesson and they recruit a new manager properly then I don’t think it can.

I still think it’s a big ‘if’ but we’ll see what the summer brings.

Not necessarily. If the new manager comes in with a completely different philosophy then it would be an issue, but would someone like that be considered?

Effectively the board should identify someone to take us to the next level using the foundations we have and building upon them.

Threads like this were inevitable on FF after the sellick result.Murty is a relatively inexperienced manager with about a dozen games in a row on his CV up against the experienced Rodgers with a much bigger budget and stronger squad as evidenced by his bench on Sunday.

Fans are notoriously fickle and trigger happy in calling for managers to be sacked.

Let's see how the manager and team responds following what could easily have been a drawn game on Sunday.

Threads like this were inevitable on FF after the sellick result.Murty is a relatively inexperienced manager with about a dozen games in a row on his CV up against the experienced Rodgers with a much bigger budget and stronger squad as evidenced by his bench on Sunday.

Fans are notoriously fickle and trigger happy in calling for managers to be sacked.

Let's see how the manager and team responds following what could easily have been a drawn game on Sunday.

I don’t think there’s any excuse for his sickening ‘Mr Nice’ approach to everything and everyone, including the mentally challengeds.

It is utterly vomit inducing and a slap on the face to the fans.

He simply doesn’t seem to have the nasty side required to make it big. Can you imagine him in there absolutely hammering them for losing that goal just before half time? I just cannot see it.

a) Not if he knows what he's doing
b) He won't get to rip up squad and replace everyone...see DoF for recruitment
c) I am sure board will recruit someone who also wants to play attacking football

Next season is absolutely vital for Rangers starting with the Europa league qualifying this summer.

We can’t go into such a big season with someone at the helm who’s managed about 30 games in his entire career so far too much on the line for that.

Also we have not been in the group stage of a European tournament since 2010 that both for financial and prestige reasons that needs to change.

A new experienced manager needs to be appointed this summer once that happens we’ll see our fortunes improve.

Yes, anything is possible.

However, a new manager could also use his experience and expertise to galvanise the side and take them up a few levels. A new manager could show some mental steel and some boldness and adapt our system in ways which will see us win games like Sundays, instead of trotting off at the end humiliated after losing to 10 men.

Is that not the whole point of the DOF? so that if a manager leaves or gets sacked the team is still under the same agenda.

I think we've used up all our 'left field' appointments and seen enough projects, which is what worries me with the Murty situation. Would the board really take the risk ? Mind you, it's hard not to be impressed with the turnaround.

I don’t think there’s any excuse for his sickening ‘Mr Nice’ approach to everything and everyone, including the mentally challengeds.

It is utterly vomit inducing and a slap on the face to the fans.

He simply doesn’t seem to have the nasty side required to make it big. Can you imagine him in there absolutely hammering them for losing that goal just before half time? I just cannot see it.

But he deserves time to learn his trade because he’s nice! Souness and Smith started management at Rangers and it worked for them so that means it will work for Murty. Let’s just take defeat to help a nice guy out.

Rinse and repeat. But for real, there is no defence of the Mr Nice Guy bollocks or the tactical naivety.

If we change the manager now we might win the Scottish cup. What he did on Sunday bordered on irresponsible. He sold Goss and Docherty down the river and his persisting with Windass was shocking.

This is something I fear the most, bringing a new manager in only to find he may wish to bring in his own players. Ideally, we should be building on what we have.

Give me a manager who will win us the League, is gettable, will please us all, and suits our finances?

Well?

Hmmm its a hard one is'nt it?

I don't think there will be a new manager. I don't buy that the Scottish Cup will be a make or break for Murty. I think he'll get it.

I think we've used up all our 'left field' appointments and seen enough projects, which is what worries me with the Murty situation. Would the board really take the risk ? Mind you, it's hard not to be impressed with the turnaround.
Who know what the thinking will be but he will probably get til the end of the season before a final decision is made .

The truth is ,sticking with Murty next season is a gamble for different reasons .

It could come off , like I say hit and hope.

Any new manager, whether in the summer or further down the line will be brought in as he shares the same footballing principles as the DOF.

I don't think there will be a new manager. I don't buy that the Scottish Cup will be a make or break for Murty. I think he'll get it.

Im leaning towards any funds being much better spent on the team at this point than on a new manager.

A new manager is a must for next season, IMO, and that is not as a result of Sunday's defeat.

Didn't want Murty in the first place and I still don't want him. Nice guy, inexperienced manager who's never going to challenge the bheggars and lead us to 55'.

Since Caixinha got his marching order the bheggars have dropped either 15 or 17 points yet we are soon to be 12 behind. That's not good enough. Murty has guided us to defeats at home to Hamilton, St. Johnstone, Hibs and the bheggars. He had no answers to Neil Lennon. On Sunday his team fucked up a lead twice then managed to lose to 10 men. He was also out thought by his opposite number.

I feel he is tactically weak, naive and inept and he offers next to no inspiration from the touchline along with the inability yo change a game and there is no winning mentality or nastyness about ys. It's all very Mark Warburton esque.

Any manager worth their salt would have got a win on Sunday then made sure we dispossed of Kilmarnock drawing us level on points. They then had a tough away game at Fir Park where they droppd points earlier on in the season.

We have seen what Rodgers has done with average players, he's made them better, he's made them winners; Lustig, Tierney, Brown, Rogic, Forrest, Armstrong... and as a manager, he knows how to get results.

If we go into 2018/19 with Murty then the board have failed us and it's yet another wasted season.

Back