Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The investigation into the Lawrence Haggart murder was an absolute farce that even led to policeman taking early retirement.

How unlucky was young Lawrence Haggart to have been at Celtic Boys Club with the already convicted paedophile Neil Strachan to them be moved into a squad coached by paedophile Jim McCafferty and then to be murdered by a paedophile Brian Beattie.

McCafferty would spend a lot of time with Haggart even taking him away to games, travelling with him to tournaments and visiting his home.

At the time of the murder Jim McCafferty wasn’t known as a paedophile.

You don’t have to be inspector Clouseau to see that there is something very strange about the murder/investigation.

The investigation into the Lawrence Haggart murder was an absolute farce that even led to policeman taking early retirement.

How unlucky was young Lawrence Haggart to have been at Celtic Boys Club with the already convicted paedophile Neil Strachan to them be moved into a squad coached by paedophile Jim McCafferty and then to be murdered by a paedophile Brian Beattie.

McCafferty would spend a lot of time with Haggart even taking him away to games, travelling with him to tournaments and visiting his home.

At the time of the murder Jim McCafferty wasn’t known as a paedophile.

You don’t have to be inspector Clouseau to see that there is something very strange about the murder/investigation.
That’s before you consider the fact that his body was covered in symbols that nobody has ever been able to explain.

Pretty terrifying aspect of the case that nobody has ever focused on.

What I can’t get round my head is imagine making anyone or anything “exempt “ from a child abuse enquiry

It just smacks of a cover up in the first place

Leave no stone unturned and get it all out , just what exactly are they hiding and why ?
Of all the scandalous and immoral things the SNP have done, this has to be right up at the top. Even worse than sending old folk back into care homes with Covid.

Their excuse for excluding certain organisations? They in effect stated it would take too much time.

And now they are even trying to get the taxpayer to state fund compensation as opposed to the organisations, including charities, religious orders and private schools, who facilitated the abuse.

The SNP are evil bastards, and anyone who says otherwise needs to open their eyes.

Of all the scandalous and immoral things the SNP have done, this has to be right up at the top. Even worse than sending old folk back into care homes with Covid.

Their excuse for excluding certain organisations? They in effect stated it would take too much time.

And now they are even trying to get the taxpayer to state fund compensation as opposed to the organisations, including charities, religious orders and private schools, who facilitated the abuse.

The SNP are evil bastards, and anyone who says otherwise needs to open their eyes.

Great post D.

The point you make about the SNP trying to introduce effectively taxpayers paying for companies who harboured & enabled abusers is an absolute disgrace.

What message does that send for these companies going forward ? To me it says don’t worry about putting in controls going forward, The normal man in the street will cover it.

Outrageous actually.

What I can’t get round my head is imagine making anyone or anything “exempt “ from a child abuse enquiry

It just smacks of a cover up in the first place

Leave no stone unturned and get it all out , just what exactly are they hiding and why ?
I believe the snp excuse at the time was that if they included sporting or religious "institutions" in their inquiry, it would take too long to conclude the findings of the inquiry. Wonder why they thought that. This, on its own, suggests a great big cover up.

I'm not clicking on those links, but I have a question to ask. Are separate entity fc included in the list? Their club and company earn millions a year, why should taxpayers be hit for their crimes.

Great post D.

The point you make about the SNP trying to introduce effectively taxpayers paying for companies who harboured & enabled abusers is an absolute disgrace.

What message does that send for these companies going forward ? To me it says don’t worry about putting in controls going forward, The normal man in the street will cover it.

Outrageous actually.
Absolutely G. Not only is it saying that those in charge will not be held responsible for facilitating the crimes, they will not be held financially responsible either.

Fortunately, the government compensation redress scheme does not stop victims making their own claims regardless, via the normal legal process. Though one would imagine it would be easier to claim through the government’s scheme, especially with regards organisations that were affiliated with councils or state funded care facilities, or where certain organisations have since been disbanded.

I'm not clicking on those links, but I have a question to ask. Are separate entity fc included in the list? Their club and company earn millions a year, why should taxpayers be hit for their crimes.
It does not state private companies are included in the media articles, although to be honest I don’t know the full ins and outs as to the full range of organisation types included.

Couldn’t have kicked his arse that hard BN94 ?
They knew. They all knew. There will be more to come on this. One way or another we will release everything we have. Let’s see what this year brings reference the court cases.
Unfortunately releasing it now could affect these cases. What we can say is our evidence is in the correct hands.

The SNP at their last independence referendum used the logo "bairns not bombs" really? fcking hypocrites

This cannot be correct.
Are we really being told that the government, the taxpayer, will be paying compensation for crimes committed by a PLC.
Will said PLC not be paying this themselves?

This cannot be correct.
Are we really being told that the government, the taxpayer, will be paying compensation for crimes committed by a PLC.
Will said PLC not be paying this themselves?
It’s worse than that - taking any compensation also precludes further legal action. This is what Digby Brown say about it:

• A survivor is forced to sign a waiver that bans them from taking legal action
  • The payments are significantly less than the payments typically seen in historic abuse claims
  • A survivor may not receive the personal recognition they deserve
  • Abuser/liable organisations escape public accountability
  • Scheme is too new to know how well it works
  • There is no access to an independent tribunal to review payments or decisions

It’s worse than that - taking any compensation also precludes further legal action. This is what Digby Brown say about it:

• A survivor is forced to sign a waiver that bans them from taking legal action
  • The payments are significantly less than the payments typically seen in historic abuse claims
  • A survivor may not receive the personal recognition they deserve
  • Abuser/liable organisations escape public accountability
  • Scheme is too new to know how well it works
  • There is no access to an independent tribunal to review payments or decisions

A cover up disguised as doing the right thing.

They knew. They all knew. There will be more to come on this. One way or another we will release everything we have. Let’s see what this year brings reference the court cases.
Unfortunately releasing it now could affect these cases. What we can say is our evidence is in the correct hands.

keep up the good fight. I believe myself once all the information is released to the public, there needs to be a full independent public enquiry to why so many kept quiet, and why they do to this day.

I know it won't happen with the SNP but a law needs to be passed that makes it illegal to NOT inform the authorities if a person KNOWS that there is abuse of children taking place. So if it comes out later that someone knew and said nothing, all of them along with the perpetrator can be booked.

As others have said, it's criminal that you can be called up for singing songs but can get away with performing, condoning or covering up child abuse. Sickening.
The SNP surely must be in favour of such a law.
It is a long way better than their “named person” idea.

keep up the good fight. I believe myself once all the information is released to the public, there needs to be a full independent public enquiry to why so many kept quiet, and why they do to this day.
A full independent inquiry needs to happen. We trust nobody in Holyrood as we believe they are under qualified to deal with this, and we also believe that certain SNP members have to be included in this inquiry.
Unfortunately this could be years away but we will continue the fight.

One thing this tragedy makes abundantly clear is the collaboration between the media and the authorities. The media has done everything it can to muddy the waters to protect the SNP's core voters favourite football team.

Not a single journalist has done enough to root out the evil that exists to hold the authorities and that bastardised football team to account. We are far from a normal country, only in SNP controlled Scotland could a football team's standing and reputation be held above that of adults and the family of these adults that were needlessly abused as children.

Everyone should appreciate this. Quite depressing that there is so much more to come and (probably?) worse than we could comprehend.

Great post D.

Outrageous actually.
There should be marches planned to highlight and get this stopped!

Not sure if you've seen this one before Team......
Pics-Art-05-15-09-40-23.jpg

Latest posts

Back